Complaint.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Complaint.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm writing out a post, inserting a link, press enter to confirm the url and text and... the page is refreshed. This has happened twice, with big posts that I wanted to make and I'm furious and upset.

This is no-one's fault of course, but I'm annoyed and so posting this anyway. The annoying thing is the text is then lost and can't be refound, and well, yeah, we've all had it happen before. Bloody stupid technology. Is there anyway this can be remedied, or would that rely on hours of code trawling? I wouldn't want to put anyone through that. It's just, the message didn't even post for me to edit it. It's happened twice, maybe even three times. Two seperate attempts at posting the message anyway. I'm rambling, sorry.

Still, though. Livid. Life's not fair, etc.

Mad

Back to top Go down

Re: Complaint.

Post by Kenwood on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Hmmm...this hasn't happened to me. Or are you getting the message that reads NO POST MODIFIED, then when you backspace the entire thing is gone? That has happened to me, and it's annoying as hell.

Or are you using the Quick Reply box beneath the thread and then clicking the Post Reply button below it and to the left? I've done this, too, but it's my fault. Clicking Post Reply takes you to a separate post page. When using Quick Reply you have to click the tiny Send button beneath the box. When you're not thinking about it, you wrote a reply, so Post Reply makes total sense. But you'll simple surf to a new page.

At work, when people try to reset their passwords, there's three buttons: Submit, Cancel, and Reset. They always hit Reset. Well, that resets all the fields. Haha. They get so pissed off. I can understand it, but it's a Microsoft feature and we can't change it. Same with the forum. I don't do the coding for the forum.

I've learned, when making long posts, to highlight (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C). That way if something screws up, you can just paste the text and try again.

Anyway, sorry. Have you seen cakefarts.com? That should cheer you up, and make you hungry. Mmmm. May be a tad inappropriate for work or school.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:47 am

Kenwood wrote:Anyway, sorry. Have you seen cakefarts.com? That should cheer you up, and make you hungry. Mmmm. May be a tad inappropriate for work or school.
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Alex wrote:
Kenwood wrote:Anyway, sorry. Have you seen cakefarts.com? That should cheer you up, and make you hungry. Mmmm. May be a tad inappropriate for work or school.
Shocked
lol

You're happy now, no?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down