Since this is a Fantasy and Horror site...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Since this is a Fantasy and Horror site...

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:44 pm

Have you ever seriously considered killing someone in real life? Or hurt someone really bad? We all have our vendetta fantasies, but rarely are they carried out.

No need for names, but, how would you exact revenge with the perfect crime?

Back to top Go down

Re: Since this is a Fantasy and Horror site...

Post by steven pirie on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Not in the slightest. I'm a gentle, pussy-cat of a person, someone who believes that something as magical and wonderful as life should never be taken under any circumstances.

Have you?

steven pirie

http://www.stevenpirie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm

I have often said that I could easily becoma a serial killer, in that I have a very touchy shut off valve for emotions. I mean so long as they were strangers, I could do it.

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 pm

steven pirie wrote:Not in the slightest. I'm a gentle, pussy-cat of a person, someone who believes that something as magical and wonderful as life should never be taken under any circumstances.

Have you?

I see nothing magical or wonderful about life. Society oppresses you, your friends stab you in the back, you do everything you can to be a good person and do the right things, and get shit on daily. So, maybe you are correct. Life is Fucking Disneyland.

To answer your question - I will not incriminate myself in print.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:33 pm

I used to work with juvenile sex offenders, and after reading this kid's file, I couldn't be in the same room with him for two days. I knew I would knock him to the ground and crush his windpipe with my knee.

Other than that, no. This is so Disneyland, with happy bird tattoos and everything.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:37 pm

I have been in a situation where it meant others or members of my
family, and can understand that feeling of kill or be killed, but kill
for the sake of it? Only in scribbles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:39 pm

As a teen, dealing with my father's alcoholism, many times I thought of killing him. I never went beyond thinking it really, but there were times, during our fights, that if there was a gun or something close at hand, I could have done it. The closest we came to that end was in 1995. We seriously fought one night. Before that it was basically him poking me in the chest, grabbing me by the chin and twisting it, slapping my forehead and such, while yelling and screaming. I'd say verbal abuse is much worse than physical.

Anyway, after years of that, we threw down. I just got fed up. All of a sudden, my brother, sister and mother didn't matter. I thought only of myself for once, and I started swinging. I knew how to fight, but I learned from my father. Haha. At the time, I was 150lbs, and he clocked in at about 280. So while I put a hurtin' on him, he eventually overwhelmed me. But in those moments, I was insane with hate, or what I thought was hate; I don't think I ever truly hated him.

I joined the Air Force three days later. And that was the best thing. Now my father is better; we go fishing, chat on the phone, it's cool. I'm not sure he's fully out of the woods yet, but as some of you know, about four years ago I said my good-byes to him a few months before winter. He was living in the woods with a bunch of heroin addicts. He was homeless and a heroin addict himself. That's how far down to the bottom he'd gotten. It took about 20 years, but he got there. Luckily, I think he recognized imminent death in winter's coming. Funny how all the drugs and drinking couldn't make him see the truth, but winter could.

Oh...so now I'm blabbing. I always feel like I need to say more when I discuss this. And I could write a book on it, trust me. Maybe someday I will, but the story isn't over yet, so I'll wait.

I could also have easily killed the vet that tortured my cat to death. I hope that mine finds himself face to face with an army of angry animals in the afterlife.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Uncle Sax wrote:
steven pirie wrote:Not in the slightest. I'm a gentle, pussy-cat of a person, someone who believes that something as magical and wonderful as life should never be taken under any circumstances.

Have you?
I see nothing magical or wonderful about life. Society oppresses you, your friends stab you in the back, you do everything you can to be a good person and do the right things, and get shit on daily. So, maybe you are correct. Life is Fucking Disneyland.

To answer your question - I will not incriminate myself in print.
Ah, but you're wrong, my friend. Society does oppress, friends do backstab, and we all get shit on. But that's not life. As they say, life is what you make it. Society, friends, Hot Carls, none of that matters. I read once that if on your death bed you can count your true friends on one hand, you're dying a lucky man. "Friends" is so often a meaningless word. Jill and I just lost about ten friends, just like that. Poof! Gone. Why? Because Jill doesn't like the girl that is marrying into the family. I've known Jill half my life, but she's known this girl Jenn for nearly her whole life. But Jenn was willing to toss away that friendship because Jill has integrity. And because of that, the dominos fell, and the whole group shut Jill and I out. Me, of course, because I stood up for Jill, called out the bullshit.

Jill and I are real friends, despite all our past drama and whatnot (we dated), we remain best friends. It's real. If Jill doesn't like someone else I know, or vice versa, who gives a crap? And so I don't care when friends backstab. It says nothing about me. It's happened, will continue to happen, and I'll continue to move forward with or without those supposed friends.

As for society, it's not even worth trying.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cvrysen on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:57 pm

I do get random impulses to commit violent acts on undeserving targets, but have been choking them down successfully since childhood after hospitalizing some fellow elementary schoolers. It's tough sometimes, especially driving past a lone person walking down a deserted road, but I persevere in my never ending quest to not be a serial killer. It helps being too lazy to do the necessary prep work to hide/ruin the evidence.

I used to get down about the shitstorm that is life, but recently had a little epiphany. Athiestic Nihilism has saved my soul. Nothing we do matters, time eventually obliviates all actions and consequences, therefore everything we do matters. All we got is our life, and only in present tense at that, and life can be a unbearable acidic bukkake-storm, sometimes entirely outside of our control. All we can control is our own actions and reactions. So I can choose to let all the horrors of life control me, or I can accept and ignore the stuff I can't control or enjoy, and focus on the stuff I can control or enjoy.

cvrysen

Back to top Go down

Post by cvrysen on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Hypothetical tips for perfect crimes (perfection may be impossible, but striving for perfection creates the best possible results):

Step 1 of perfect crime, is targetting a stranger. Since almost all murders are personally motivated, it will take a long time before authorities consider a random act of murder, at which point the evidence trail will be much colder.

Step 2 is not shitting where you eat, since if the authorities consider a random act of murder, those would mostly be crimes of convenience committed close to home or normal travel routes.

Step 3 is doing prep work. If you plan out your exit strategy and have your body disposal strategy ready, it minimizes the inevitable mistakes you will make.
Step 3a is not doing too much prep work. If you scout out the intended victim or locations too much, it raises the chance of a witness noticing and remembering you.

Step 4 is NO TROPHIES. No matter how much you'd like a souvenir of your nefarious deeds, they are the one thing that can destroy you if somehow you become a suspect.

Step 5 is avoiding patterns. If you've killed successfully and want to do it again, anything suggesting a pattern may be enough to get you flagged as a serial killer, and a whole new world of attention will be coming down on your crimes.

Of course, killing a stranger could never be as satisfying as killing someone you know and hate or love. If you feel the need to murder someone you know, you should know that you WILL be a suspect, thus proper planning is even more necessary. Absolute body disposal, like dissolving down a bathtub drain or feeding to hungry pigs, is much more necessary, since any confusion as to whether they ran away / disappeared or if there was foul play can only be to your benefit. If at possible, cultivate a full psychotic break, so you can honestly believe in your alibi and that you had nothing to do with it. Also, disengage from your target, make sure that it's obvious that you're not holding a grudge, and no longer have any passion to harm them, for hopefully at least a year before you act.

Depending on the history of your state/country/province, it may be more worth it to not plan out your murder, and go with your impulse in an obvious crime of passion. Research first (subtlely, if there's a record of your research it could be used to upgrade your crime from 2nd to 1st degree), and if there's overwhelming precedent for punishment that you find acceptable for crimes of passion, then just go with your impulses and take your licks.

cvrysen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:49 pm

But that's not life. As they say, life is what you make it.

I try to make it as easy, comfortable, and try to help the helpless every day. Call this bragging, but I am the most charitable and giving person I know. I only state that as a backstory. I cannot control how I am treated in return. Thusly, how is life what I make it? I am not calling myself with death threats. I am not stealing from myself. I am not the idoits and assholes that I deal with 12-16 hours a fucking day.

So, what you guys are saying is, take all the disrespect in stride and don't let it affect you? Even after you have gone above and beyond what anyone in the world would do for certain people - they fuck you, and it's still puppy dogs and butterflies? This is a fucking fantasy board.

If all this is true, then I can go back and hit the bottle without reprecution.

And my thread was started about vendetta's. Not random acts of ultra-violence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:52 pm

I like this cvrysen chaRactor!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Uncle Sax wrote:
But that's not life. As they say, life is what you make it.

I try to make it as easy, comfortable, and try to help the helpless every day. Call this bragging, but I am the most charitable and giving person I know. I only state that as a backstory. I cannot control how I am treated in return. Thusly, how is life what I make it? I am not calling myself with death threats. I am not stealing from myself. I am not the idoits and assholes that I deal with 12-16 hours a fucking day.

So, what you guys are saying is, take all the disrespect in stride and don't let it affect you? Even after you have gone above and beyond what anyone in the world would do for certain people - they fuck you, and it's still puppy dogs and butterflies? This is a fucking fantasy board.

If all this is true, then I can go back and hit the bottle without reprecution.

And my thread was started about vendetta's. Not random acts of ultra-violence.
Nothing is still puppy dogs and butterflies. As you said, you are not doing these things. If you have integrity and others don't, then what have YOU done wrong? Absolutely nothing. I'm not saying don't let it bother you, because that's stupid. Let it bother you, but deal with it and move on. That's all you can do. Else you remain the angry Uncle, and we miss the cool Uncle, the one that ocassionally diddles our pooholes.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 pm

I would say that Ken and others are both right and wrong. I think it's overly simplistic to say that life, ultimately, is what you make of it, and such statements can be counterproductive: they can further inflame the misery and anger someone is experiencing. Yes, you can often improve your situation, but depending on your personality and nervous system and environment, it's sometimes near impossible to smile through it all. However, I think Ken and others are correct in saying/implying that, just because someone feels that life is shit, doesn't mean it is shit, universally. It's a brain thing, baby. Not a life thing.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by kurtnewton on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:58 pm

And to beat the subject with a dead horse deadhorse let me add, sometimes dealing with it and moving on means removing yourself from whatever it is that you feel you're at the mercy of. Like the shit in a cow field, you can chose to step away into greener pastures, so to speak. The shitty thing is feeling like you don't have a choice, there is no way out. But there is always a way out, it's just how much are you willing to sacrifice in order to free yourself from the shit field you're in?

kurtnewton

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Maybe this will help.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:30 pm

kurtnewton wrote:And to beat the subject with a dead horse deadhorse let me add, sometimes dealing with it and moving on means removing yourself from whatever it is that you feel you're at the mercy of. Like the shit in a cow field, you can chose to step away into greener pastures, so to speak. The shitty thing is feeling like you don't have a choice, there is no way out. But there is always a way out, it's just how much are you willing to sacrifice in order to free yourself from the shit field you're in?

That's the trick, for sure. Even if you have to sacrifice a lot, it's better than murder or suicide. The medication of Mars.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Bosey wrote:
kurtnewton wrote:And to beat the subject with a dead horse deadhorse let me add, sometimes dealing with it and moving on means removing yourself from whatever it is that you feel you're at the mercy of. Like the shit in a cow field, you can chose to step away into greener pastures, so to speak. The shitty thing is feeling like you don't have a choice, there is no way out. But there is always a way out, it's just how much are you willing to sacrifice in order to free yourself from the shit field you're in?
That's the trick, for sure. Even if you have to sacrifice a lot, it's better than murder or suicide. The medication of Mars.
We know Sax from another forum. Dude has been through a lot, things most of us couldn't fathom. He's here to vent (I hope).

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm

Cool. That's equivalent to getting away from it all. Forums are good like that, actually. The internet is good like that. Forums are new planets, allowing frustrations to become astronauts that never return. There ya go!

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm

Patrick Swayze is wise.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:28 am

The Swayze is all-knowing.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cvrysen on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:19 am

Mmmm. I love blank white squares.

cvrysen

Back to top Go down

Post by cvrysen on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:31 am

I don't think puppy dogs exist. They're actually a shared hallucination brought on by mass hysteria in the universal unconscious. Adult dogs exist, by force of slobbery will, when enough discrete particles observe the hallucination to edge the uncertainty towards existence.

Butterflies do exist, they're the natural predators of hopes and dreams. Through an exhaustive PR campaign, they've managed to convert their image to harmless and innocent, allowing them better access to the souls of children, which are natural fecund habitats for their prey.

cvrysen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:53 am

In response to the original question, I have thought about murder many times, but as a serious thing? No I don't think so.

It's difficult to answer honestly, because the question presumes that I really know what is going on in my heart at all times, and I distrust my own perception of that.

It's interesting to me that Shiney brought up the issue of being a serial killer, because I once read an article on the psychology of serial killers, and of the five major indicators of whether or not one has the potential to become a sk, I qualified on four counts. It really disturbed me at the time, but since I have never been violent towards anyone, I feel safe for the moment. Is that potential within me? I think so, but it's dormant for now. I thank my Lord for that.

As for Uncle Sax, I don't know what's going on and have no pearls of wisdom, but I will tell you that I'll be praying for you bro. It's all I know to do.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 am

cvrysen wrote:Mmmm. I love blank white squares.
Pffft! Get Flash, sucka!

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top