This Print Goes Nicely With This Film

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Print Goes Nicely With This Film

Post by Barry on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 pm

I was going to make a thread specifically along the lines of the following question:

"Hey, does anyone here know of any stories or novels which have a similar plot to the film Dark Skies, in which a family is terrorized in their home...by extraterrestrials?"

But then I thought, why not have a thread specifically about requesting and sharing thoughts on written fiction that is similar to any given movie title?  (Which is to say, obviously, NOT adaptations thereof, one way or the other - specifically, any fiction whose storylines, concepts, or other aspects fulfill the same kind of [sub]genre fix as the movie in question.)

So, here it is: if there's that one movie you really enjoy, and wish to find something conceptually similar in the printed form, request it (or suggest it) here.

And on that note...does anyone here know of any stories or novels which have a similar plot to the film Dark Skies, in which a family is terrorized in their home...by extraterrestrials?  funny

Barry

Back to top Go down

Re: This Print Goes Nicely With This Film

Post by victorya on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm

the Martian Chronicles? With the Humans as the aliens? (loose interpretation, but the one story the dream of humans invades dreams and ruins a marragie, then there is the shapeshifting one that always makes me cry, ando thers I'm sure- maybe time for the reread).

I'm sure there are short stories out there too. . .need to think more or review

victorya

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top