Looking for feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for feedback

Post by Alex K. on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:08 am

By coincidence I discovered this site when looking up reviews of a book I uploaded to Scribd two or so years ago. The Eyes by Jesus Ignacio Aldapuerta. I'm unsure if anyone is familiar with that upload or not but I do like seeing that work getting the exposure that it deserves.

However, I've been frustrated to receive little in the way of feedback of my writings. I too notice the occasional grammatical error and it was all done intentionally. I'm not a traditional writer, I like to think that my work is a capture of my thought process and may put it on a level similar to Bukowski or Hubert Selby. I'm not in it for the money, I've never been. To me writing is not so much an act of catharsis but more or less a download of all of me. Somehow (I can't explain why) it is important to be understood if only at a fraction.

*I realise I can't post links since I'm a newbie but the link to my book The Unknown Atrocity is on my profile page. Alternatively you can search 'Unknown Atrocity' on scribd.

I would appreciate any expression of insight.

Alex K.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/85896815/The-Unknown-Atrocity

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for feedback

Post by marzioli on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Best way to do it is to find a writing group, online or in person. Posting a link on a message board without first building some rapport with the rest of the community isn't likely to help change that. If you really want some good feedback on a story, try the bi-monthly Shock Totem Flash Fiction challenge. You'll get a good 40 reads and at least half that many critiques.

marzioli

http://marzioli.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top