The Wind Through the Keyhole

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wind Through the Keyhole

Post by Zach on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am

Stephen King's The Wind Through the Keyhole comes out later this month. Anybody plan on picking it up? I want to, but at the same time I think I'd feel compelled to read through the dark tower series again. I'm not sure I'm up for putting aside that much time for a reread at the moment.

Zach

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wind Through the Keyhole

Post by starktheground on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:26 pm

I never finished the Dark Tower series. Maybe I should fix that.

starktheground

Back to top Go down

Post by O'Dandelo on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I'll definitely be reading it right away, and since I've read the series an embarrassing three times already, I think I'm good to go.

O'Dandelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 am

I've read the first three books over and over, and Wizards and Glass twice. The rest of them only once, but I think I'll be passing on any continuation of the DT series. I really can't imagine that it will further my enjoyment of it.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by O'Dandelo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:I've read the first three books over and over, and Wizards and Glass twice. The rest of them only once, but I think I'll be passing on any continuation of the DT series. I really can't imagine that it will further my enjoyment of it.

I'm guessing that anyone who enjoyed Wizard and Glass will get a lot out of this one, since it's mostly a story Roland tells the ka-tet. Plus I'm hoping that the issue of Rhea of the Coos is cleared up. AKA revenge. I've been hoping it would be since the enigmatic remark Roland made about seeing her one more time.

I don't think he could or should ever continue the story, so I'm pleased it looks like just some nice backstory.

O'Dandelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 pm

I only read through the entire series once. I've read the first half a couple times. I still think those first few books are the best. Things dragged a little for me in the middle. The conversation in the golgotha at the end of The Gunslinger still puts a smile on my face. There's a lot of magic in that book. I just love Roland as a character.

Zach

Back to top Go down

Post by O'Dandelo on Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm

After reading this, I can recommend it only with a caveat: It adds very little to the Dark Tower storyline. Roland's story is slight, but the title story is very enjoyable and--but I can't say anymore without spoiling the fun.

I liked it while also being disappointed by its lack of oomph. It's a lack King himself acknowledges, even warns the reader about.

O'Dandelo

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkilpatrick on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I think King's work has been declining in quality lately but if it's Dark Tower related I'll end up reading it no matter how hard I try not to. Does anyone else think that The Waste Lands was THE best Dark Tower book?

mrkilpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkilpatrick on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

and by Dark Tower related, I mean directly, not in some vague tangential way like Insomnia (a book which, ironically, put me to sleep).

mrkilpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am

mrkilpatrick wrote:Does anyone else think that The Waste Lands was THE best Dark Tower book?

YES! headbang

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I still have the seventh book in the series left to read, which I've allowed to collect dust in some weird way of preserving the adventure. Now with Keyhole published, I should pull the trigger on The Dark Tower, then stall for a few years before reading Keyhole. Razz

Rabid

http://waggingthefox.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by markgunnells on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 pm

I read it and liked it but it felt a bit unnecessary to me, a throw away book.  I enjoyed it enough but it isn't one that lingers for me.

markgunnells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top