An Open Letter To The People Who Make The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Open Letter To The People Who Make The Walking Dead

Post by Bordo on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Dear People Who Make The Walking Dead,

First of all, kudos on your decision to get rid of Frank Darabont. Because, you know, fuck talent.

Also, I applaud your bold idea to turn a show about the zombie hordes into a watered-down Lifetime Channel soap opera. Honestly...using the apocalypse as a backdrop for a group of highly unlikeable characters to sit around and have inane discussions about their feelings? Brilliant.

Just a thought but maybe next season you can do away with the zombies all together! You can get Meredith Baxter Birney to star? Maybe the plot can revolve around the trials and tribulations of a group of mothers and daughters coming to terms with their relationships and life. Oh! And maybe you can call it something besides 'The Walking Dead'? And maybe, whiloe you're at it, you can even see your way fit to fucking yourselves! To death!

Your loyal fan,
Bordo

Bordo

Back to top Go down

Re: An Open Letter To The People Who Make The Walking Dead

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:03 pm

I've only seen the first season. I take it you're less than thrilled with the second? lol

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bordo on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:I've only seen the first season. I take it you're less than thrilled with the second?

Actually, the last 30 seconds of the latest episode (episode 7) are forcing me to reconsider everything I said (except the part about Frank Darabont).

I'll let you know how the second half of the season goes.

Bordo

Back to top Go down

Post by tromatizer on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:26 pm

I agree, season 2 lacks everything that made season one so great. I'm hoping the second half of season 2 is better, but regardless... what a crappy way to split up a season. I mean, spend 7 episodes with a singular goal that gets old by episode 3, further develop only two already established characters, and yeah, make it into a Lifetime movie that lasts for way too long. I'm all for slow pacing, but it's a freakin zombie show! Give me some zombie action! Give me some twists that actually amount to something! The good news is season 3 is going to feature the governor (and if you've read the comic, you know all sorts of amazing things happen in that story arc). It just sucks that season 2 had to lag as much as it did. It's a dangerous action, to split up a series mid season... and especially so when the first half drags like a torso zombie. When I saw the end of episode 7, I was in awe because it was so awesome! But I'm still not sure if it was worth the 6 and a half hours I wasted getting to that point lol

tromatizer

https://fbt-music.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bordo on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

tromatizer wrote:... it's a freakin zombie show! Give me some zombie action!

I was reading somewhere that the 2nd half of season 2 is going to be much faster paced.

We'll see.

Bordo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:24 pm

I think a full season of what was season 1—just zombie slaying and little character development—would be too tedious. It needed real drama, which season 2 provided. However, they definitely dragged certain things out too much.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bordo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Kenwood wrote:I think a full season of what was season 1—just zombie slaying and little character development—would be too tedious. It needed real drama, which season 2 provided. However, they definitely dragged certain things out too much.

Good point. Nothing but repetitive action would get boring.

On the other hand, Game of Thrones (which I've just now had time to sit down and watch) seems to do both flawlessly. The drama is meaningful in the sense that it has everything to do with the story and enhances the action when the action does occur. Which is often enough to keep the drama moving along. It's a good cycle.

I don't think The Walking Dead does that very well. It seems that the drama is there for the sake of not filling an hour with zombies getting shot in the dome.

But more important than any of that was my need, at the moment, to write a snarky post. So, sorry Walking Dead, but in your face!.

Bordo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top