Shock Totem Holiday Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shock Totem Holiday Issue

Post by steven pirie on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 am

In the (seemingly) absence of an official "discuss" topic, I just wanted to say how jolly splendid the holiday edition is. If you haven't downloaded it yet then you're very foolish.  Laughing

Top story has to be John Boden's Tinsel--loss has to be the most personal horror, and Boden's story is as close to literary as I dare suggest to a horror writer. The only shame is he had to go and spoil it in the story explanation section by telling me it's based on bloody ferrets.  Smile

I enjoyed Robert Duperre's One Good Turn as well. I'm not particularly a fan of gore, but I thought Duperre handled it well. That, and the delicate theme of child abuse, made this story deeper than other psychopath type stories I've read.

Though these two stood out for me, I enjoyed all the fiction offerings and the litttle Christmas anecdotes neatly interspersed.

(If there is a comment thread already to this issue that I've missed, perhaps one of the mods could move me over, please?).

Last edited by Kenwood on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

steven pirie

http://www.stevenpirie.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shock Totem Holiday Issue

Post by Kenwood on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks, Seven!

I have no idea why I didn't create a forum for this one. Never even thought of it. Haha. Weird.

But yeah, thanks very much. I'm sure John will be very happy you dug "Tinsel," especially after someone gave his story a shit score. Haha. Mine too. The bastard! Wink

In general, though, people seem to have enjoyed this one, so that's pretty sweet. When our supposed non-writers' stories are being praised, I think we did well. =) Hell, this issue is the only one to be pirated thus far (that I know of, anyway), so that's an achievement right there. Haha.

Anyway, I created the forum for this issue, so if you want to post this stuff there, by all means. I tried to merge this thread with the Praise/Criticism thread, but it looked silly because you posted this first.

Either way, thank you, sir! Def

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you, Seven. Smile

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top