Has Twitter and Facebook Ruined Forums?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has Twitter and Facebook Ruined Forums?

Post by Jats on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 am

"...erm, I thought we had agreed that we were done here? Nope, there's always one, and another one see, to come along and contradict their self..." as the chameleon types quietly waiting for the 'authorities' to nod off again before sneaking in another repost then...

"...have you ever seen a Stoat dance? I have. It was 7am and barely light, and out he came from the bushes, sneaking about, sniffing the air and looking round with suspicion. When he thought the coast was clear, he jumped onto the grass throwing himself into the air, did a forward somersault, and then skidded along on his back wriggling along in the morning dew, then running around in a circle like a dog chasing its tail followed by another series of random jumps and flips. He appeared to be having the time of his life, skipping and dancing, and I had to stop myself from laughing at his unabated joy as one slight noise would scare him off for sure. It was only when he was within a couple of feet of me that he suddenly noticed he had an audience staring up at me frozen still and then vanishing in an instant back into the undergrowth. Just a dance? Apparently not, they do this to mesmerise their prey, before going in for the kill, a wonderful sight that I had heard about, but never seen, until then, and for all those who complain that a post longer than a couple of sentences, is, dull, yawn, boring, too long did not read will not have got this far then, and will still not have heard of it, and will therefore probably never see it too, out of the corner of their eye..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerr on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Jats wrote:

"...have you ever seen a Stoat dance? I have. It was 7am and barely light, and out he came from the bushes, sneaking about, sniffing the air and looking round with suspicion. When he thought the coast was clear, he jumped onto the grass throwing himself into the air, did a forward somersault, and then skidded along on his back wriggling along in the morning dew, then running around in a circle like a dog chasing its tail followed by another series of random jumps and flips. He appeared to be having the time of his life, skipping and dancing, and I had to stop myself from laughing at his unabated joy as one slight noise would scare him off for sure. It was only when he was within a couple of feet of me that he suddenly noticed he had an audience staring up at me frozen still and then vanishing in an instant back into the undergrowth. Just a dance? Apparently not, they do this to mesmerise their prey, before going in for the kill, a wonderful sight that I had heard about, but never seen, until then, and for all those who complain that a post longer than a couple of sentences, is, dull, yawn, boring, too long did not read will not have got this far then, and will still not have heard of it, and will therefore probably never see it too, out of the corner of their eye..."

Jats, I stand corrected. If every bit of live writing reached for such a strong example of imagination to pull in its readers, I could not help but be one. Well done.

Kerr

Back to top Go down

Post by steven pirie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:14 pm

So, ken, from the wreckage of this thread did you ever conclude if Twitter and Facebook are ruining forums?

steven pirie

http://www.stevenpirie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davisac1 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:18 pm

steven pirie wrote:So, ken, from the wreckage of this thread did you ever conclude if Twitter and Facebook are ruining forums?

I keep popping in to see if anyone has made any straightforward commentary on that question. But. Well. Here we are.

davisac1

http://amandacdavis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:35 pm

So, ken, from the wreckage of this thread did you ever conclude if Twitter and Facebook are ruining forums?

At this point, I'm kinda hoping that they're ruining forums, yes. Wink

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 pm

"...then thank you Kerr, for reading then..." responds Jats after reading Kerrs comments thrice checking for any innuendo, or double meaning "...and thanks for saying so...hang on though, incoming, yes here we are again then..." Jats smiles nodding "...as you all prove once more why Twitter and Facebook will win over when you offer nothing more than is there..."

a repost then...

"...we never say the good things enough do we, it's a human trait, why enthuse, when derision, or even better, nothing will do, that stony criticism of silence or the instant put down, oh some are really good at that, why is it we can't encourage, praise, appreciate, applaud what someone can do, especially if it's something they are better at than you, surely no one, in this day and age, treats children otherwise, yet find it harder to do the same in 'real life' with the grown ups, especially the family, so, we stick with the sarcasm, the dig, the snipe, and then are perplexed, shaking our heads in resignation, at what we have created and wrought upon ourselves..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top