The Kindle Swindle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Kindle Swindle?

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Interesting article here:

The Amazon Kindle is an ebook reading computer that poses very serious dangers to society. When you purchase a Kindle, you are subject to Amazon's Digital Restriction Management (DRM), a system designed to take away rights you would typically have when reading a book.

Your basic rights to share, sell, or donate a book are subject to fights with Amazon over the legal and technological restrictions they try to impose. If you try to exercise these rights anyway, you might be violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) -- which could bring severe criminal penalties -- and Amazon can try to revoke your ability to use all the books you've bought.

more

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Re: The Kindle Swindle?

Post by Bosey on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 am

My partner owns a Kindle. I mean, Amazon owns my partner. I mean, the digital age owns me, myself, and the letter i.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Balor on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:12 am

The DRM program is an optional one. Amazon does not attach this to every book. It is strictly in the hands of the publisher whether they want this or not, and it was they who wanted it in the first place. So blame them, not Amazon.

(As a side note, I opted into DRM when we put out our first book, but that was before I knew exactly what it was. With all subsequent novels or anthos, we haven't.. and won't...put it in place.)

Balor

http://robertduperre.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum