Hi there.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi there.

Post by Michael on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Hey folks -- thought I'd introduce myself. I have an interest in writing for Shock Totem; I love all things speculative, with a particular fondness for dark/apocalyptic scifi, fantasy, and horror. I've sold poetry recently to Bete Noire, Star*Line, Polu Texni, Paper Crow (the Garden of the Crow anthology), and elsewhere. My friend Marge Simon encouraged me to pen an essay on writer's block (along with what drives me to write) which was featured in the column "Blood and Spades: Poets of the Dark Side," in the Horror Writers Association December newsletter. A poem of mine, "My Own Ending," [from the March'10 issue of Niteblade Fantasy and Horror], had the honor of receiving both a Pushcart and a Rhysling nomination this year.

A little about me: I'm a twenty-three years-old pissant from southwest Florida, currently a senior at USF. I like long walks on the beach and thunderstorms, beer, and Irish music. I like snark; I enjoy speaking in Internet memes and confusing older folks around me. I have two cats who hate each other and a variety of dogs. Video games are a plus. Warcraft was fun for a while; ditto Star Wars: Galaxies. Dragon Age, amazing. Flight sims. Waiting on the new Star Wars mmo.

Whew. Anyway. Nice to be here. I'll go screw around with other topics!

Michael


Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Nice! When you say Irish music, does that mean Francie Conway, or The Answer? Don't say U2, they don't count. lol

Tall Tyrion

Posts : 8576
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 48
Location : New Mexico, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Mercedes on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 am

Hi, Michael. Welcome to the forum!

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

Posts : 10655
Join date : 2008-11-06
Location : Las Vegas

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Kenwood on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 am

Howdy, sir.

I was playing Warcraft earlier. I'm the worst player ever, but it keeps me from being bored.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns




Kenwood
Admin

Posts : 17553
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 40
Location : Brockton, MA

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by steven pirie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:Nice! When you say Irish music, does that mean Francie Conway, or The Answer? Don't say U2, they don't count. lol

Irish music? Oh no, any minute now Michael will have our legs flapping all over the place while our arms are rigid... Laughing

Welcome, Michael, nice to meet you...

steven pirie

Posts : 647
Join date : 2008-10-04

http://www.stevenpirie.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by catephoenix on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Welcome, Michael Very Happy

catephoenix

Posts : 214
Join date : 2009-07-26
Location : Liverpool

http://www.categardner.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:Nice! When you say Irish music, does that mean Francie Conway, or The Answer? Don't say U2, they don't count. lol

I love U2, but I only cover one or two of their songs. I dig the Pogues, Dubliners, Chieftains, etc -- also, "newer" Irish rock like Flogging Molly, Dropkick, Seven Nations, Culann's Hounds, etc. But my repertoire is primarily traditional rebel/drinking songs. Gotta love 'em.


Last edited by Michael on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Kenwood wrote:Howdy, sir.

I was playing Warcraft earlier. I'm the worst player ever, but it keeps me from being bored.

I stopped when Cataclysm came out. It was a great game, and I miss it, but I'm full-time in school and barely have time to write anymore, so alas, grinding and questing is out for now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Wink

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Shiney on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:07 pm

THE DUBLINERS are fantastic, as are the POGUES.



_________________
"He's angry that I make his loins sweat"

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Posts : 9560
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 45
Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Tall Tyrion on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 am

[quote="Michael"]
Tall Tyrion wrote:
I love U2, but I only cover one or two of their songs. I dig the Pogues, Dubliners, Chieftains, etc -- also, "newer" Irish rock like Flogging Molly, Dropkick, Seven Nations, Culann's Hounds, etc. But my repertoire is primarily traditional rebel/drinking songs. Gotta love 'em.

Sweet! Do you know The Horselips? It's like Dropkick Murphys for the the 1970's.

Tall Tyrion

Posts : 8576
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 48
Location : New Mexico, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am

[quote="Tall Tyrion"]
Michael wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
I love U2, but I only cover one or two of their songs. I dig the Pogues, Dubliners, Chieftains, etc -- also, "newer" Irish rock like Flogging Molly, Dropkick, Seven Nations, Culann's Hounds, etc. But my repertoire is primarily traditional rebel/drinking songs. Gotta love 'em.

Sweet! Do you know The Horselips? It's like Dropkick Murphys for the the 1970's.

I'll Pandora them!

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by LeeThompson on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Michael!

LeeThompson

Posts : 201
Join date : 2010-02-06

http://leethompsonfiction.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Kenwood on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Michael wrote:
Kenwood wrote:Howdy, sir.

I was playing Warcraft earlier. I'm the worst player ever, but it keeps me from being bored.

I stopped when Cataclysm came out. It was a great game, and I miss it, but I'm full-time in school and barely have time to write anymore, so alas, grinding and questing is out for now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Wink
Dude, I've been playing for five years and just hit max level. I've had one character the whole time. I never joined a guild, thus have never done a raid. Bummer. I'm a total loner in the game. But I play because it's relaxing and allows me to think. I work out stories this way. I'd go for a walk outside, but around here I'd probably get jumped or murdered. So WoW is my safe neighborhood. Haha.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns




Kenwood
Admin

Posts : 17553
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 40
Location : Brockton, MA

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Michael wrote:
Kenwood wrote:Howdy, sir.

I was playing Warcraft earlier. I'm the worst player ever, but it keeps me from being bored.

I stopped when Cataclysm came out. It was a great game, and I miss it, but I'm full-time in school and barely have time to write anymore, so alas, grinding and questing is out for now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Wink
Dude, I've been playing for five years and just hit max level. I've had one character the whole time. I never joined a guild, thus have never done a raid. Bummer. I'm a total loner in the game. But I play because it's relaxing and allows me to think. I work out stories this way. I'd go for a walk outside, but around here I'd probably get jumped or murdered. So WoW is my safe neighborhood. Haha.

I tend to go WoW crazy. Over the course of two years I max-leveled a Forsaken priest (shadow / disc), warlock (afflic/demonology/and destro), a Tauren warrior (prot/arms) and druid (feral tank/dps), an Orc rogue (subtlety and forgot the name of the other spec) and death knight (blood tank and frost), gotten each a dual spec and epic riding, etc.

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Kenwood on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, I can't do that. I'm a shitty rogue with shitty gear. Haha.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns




Kenwood
Admin

Posts : 17553
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 40
Location : Brockton, MA

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Kenwood wrote:Yeah, I can't do that. I'm a shitty rogue with shitty gear. Haha.

I miss PvPing on my rogue. I leveled with all-heirloom gear, so I'd be one-shotting casters five levels beneath me. Sooo gooood.

Urge to play, rising.

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Shiney on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:53 pm

fucking nerds.

_________________
"He's angry that I make his loins sweat"

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Posts : 9560
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 45
Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Shiney wrote:fucking nerds.


Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Shiney on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:56 pm

headbang lol

_________________
"He's angry that I make his loins sweat"

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Posts : 9560
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 45
Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Kenwood on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Shiney wrote:fucking nerds.
lol

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns




Kenwood
Admin

Posts : 17553
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 40
Location : Brockton, MA

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:14 pm

I say it loud and proud. What server are you on? Alliance, Horde?

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Kenwood on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Michael wrote:I say it loud and proud. What server are you on? Alliance, Horde?
Alliance. Spirestone.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns




Kenwood
Admin

Posts : 17553
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 40
Location : Brockton, MA

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Michael on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:17 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Michael wrote:I say it loud and proud. What server are you on? Alliance, Horde?
Alliance. Spirestone.

Alliance. Pffft.

Michael

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Kenwood on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Michael wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Michael wrote:I say it loud and proud. What server are you on? Alliance, Horde?
Alliance. Spirestone.

Alliance. Pffft.
lol

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns




Kenwood
Admin

Posts : 17553
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 40
Location : Brockton, MA

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Shiney on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Is that "fucking nerd man love", I smell?

_________________
"He's angry that I make his loins sweat"

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Posts : 9560
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 45
Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:56 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum