Funny stuff

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Funny stuff

Post by EffieCollins on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 pm

More funny stuff from my kiddos.

Youngest child was home alone for most of the day. He comes in to talk to me, with his tea pot in one hand and my empty coffee pot in the other. He says:

"Mom, want me to make you a pot of coffee while I make some tea?"
I say sure, I was about to make a pot myself.
"Want some tea while you wait?"
No hon, that's okay.
"Oh. So I get it. You're prejudiced against tea now. Friggin coffee addict. Tea is just as good, you know."
I say I know, tea just isn't my first-thing-of-the-morning thing.
"Okay. I get that - will you come and help me? I need you to make the coffee while I get the tea started."

lmao

EffieCollins

http://efcollins.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:41 am

Dying black hair blond is the very definition of impossible.

Yes, I am doing just that. It was the spousal unit's idea. I was blond waaaay back when - I forgot how hard it was on my hair. No going back now... it *WILL* look good when I'm done.

It will. I know it.

I hope.

*prays*

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:36 am

"...I like reading your thread very much, and you write well too.." went the goblin now, hoping that here was meant to be open to comment now, adding "...you see, I just wish that more people would do threads like this then, where it obvious too, that since each entry gets a notification to readers upon its being posted here, that more people will view that entry here, than if that exact same entry had been duly posted tucked away in some cobwebed blog elsewhere, so tell me EffieCollins if you wish to now, how does it feel to be one of this forum's most viewed threads in such a short time since you started..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 am

Well, goblin... I'm not really posting in here to get views, per se. Just to share my silliness. I don't pay much attention to stuff like that - view counts, stats... numbers are not my thing. I have a hit counter on my blog, but really haven't looked at it in ages. I know that I should pay more attention to some stuff like that - especially when it comes to comments on my published stories/poetry - but I forget. I can be very scatterbrained at times.

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 am

"...me too, I am anonymous so whether I am viewed or not, really makes no difference, though whether I am replied to, does..." mentioned the goblin, adding a proviso, saying "...however, the more I am viewed the more chance I'll have, that I'll come across a reply that makes me think again, where if I had just done a blog entry, more likely that not, either no one would have found it, or those that found it wouldn't have replied, why, because a blog, unlike this thread for example, always puts the reader following the author each time, whereas on a thread anyone can just jump in at any time like I did then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 am

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:52 pm

lmao

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Jats wrote:

lmao Omg... that looks like something one of my boys would try to do...

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 pm

"...yours and mine both then..." agrees Jats here and saying Hallo to Effie then by way of a repost then...

"...that reminds me..." Jats smiles fondly at the memory that has been triggered "...on a boiling hot afternoon, I asked the boys to clean my car, knowing full well I would have to re-do it myself later, but the lure of the hose was too much, and they volunteered happily, resulting as I knew it would, with the predictable water fight occurring with the neighbours kids. After joining in a bit myself, I retrieved the hose to finish it off, with them continuing their water fight in the neighbours garden, and they were still having great fun when I was done, so I went into the house leaving them to it, and avoiding a further blasting from their soaker's. I cooked dinner while hearing screams of whoops and delight through the window, as they played some made up game, and when I finally called them in to eat I was towelling them off one by one in the kitchen, as they shivered, and then began hearing that the game had degenerated into a little bit of show me yours and I will show you mine, between the boys and the girls, as my 8 year old said earnestly "I have never seen a Vagina before..." we all paused with baited breath for what he was going to say next, even though I was already impressed at him using the right word "...I always thought they were just a hole..." he continued"... but they are not are they, they are just a big slit going upwards not sideways" at which point myself and my older son looked at each other incredulously, and then we all burst out laughing. There seemed nothing to say really. Ahhh bless, his first encounter with that deadliest of creature..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Ah yes... the joys of having a houseful of males. That conversation kind of reminds me about a similar conversation my two sons had in the car a while back.

Fun times. Funny stuffs.

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 pm

I love my kids.

Talking about books when my oldest son was in the room.

Me (talking to my Friend A.): I like the classics for what they were. For their historical importance and for what they teach me as a writer, but would I ever write a story that way? No way.

A: Oh I can see it: Ellen Collins: Lady Shakespeare of the 24th century.

Me: Why the 24th century?

A: Because you'd have to be dead for a while to be Shakespeare.

(We laugh - and yes, we were poking a bit of fun at certain stories and films)

A (being serious now): Out of classic writers though, I think Faulkner was better than most of them.

Me (perplexed because I disagree): William Faulkner?

My son: Hey, I know who that is! He was the captain on that old Star Trek show!

Shocked banghead

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm

and so Jats offers one of his stories in return, for this slice of life from Effie is no dead blog then, no this thread deserves interaction...

"...a few more things passed on no doubt that will annoy and amuse especially if said when socially inapropriate, I can't help it, like the one time when I had been teaching the boys about trees, and much to their amusement that there was indeed a 'bastard tree', and even pointed out two of them growing right outside their school, and when as a consequence they had been told that there was 'no such thing' I scanned and printed out a page of information on the 'bastard tree' to challenge their doubters..." Jats chuckles at the memory "...and I hear too that Religious Education classes have also been an opportunity to pass on some of the things I had said when I was a child, or wish I had, even congratulating and rewarding one of them for being told off for writing on the front of his Religious Education text book in big bold letters There is no God..." as Jats enjoys that vicarious moment again and picturing that particular god fearing teachers face while enjoying the brevity of being great still, for a little while

Last edited by Jats on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Faulkner, Shatner, it's all about the same, right? Laughing

Says the English major...

Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Kuro wrote:Faulkner, Shatner, it's all about the same, right? Laughing

Says the English major...

lol

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 am

Now I'm always going to read Faulkner that way.

When... Miss Emily Grierson... DIED, our whole town... went to her... FUNERAL!

lol

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

LOL! That's terrible TT.

EffieCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Is it terrible... or brilliant?

It's a really thin line sometimes.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:48 pm

"...I swear I could hear him reciting the words..." as the chameleon supplies a picture then

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh yeah... that's the capper... lol

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2