Just a curious question...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just a curious question...

Post by BobEccles on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:39 pm

I'd certainly prefer you handle things the way you are than have to wait forever to hear back.

It won't be long before I have something new to run by you.

BobEccles

http://www.facebook.com/people/Bob-Eccles/1584386700?

Back to top Go down

Post by cvrysen on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 am

We often skip ahead and read the shorter word counts first, so the shorter the story, the quicker the response regardless of our opinion.

Also, I whole-heartedly agree that a reject from us is always a subjective judgement, and to my knowledge no one on this forum has ever been responsible for submitting any steaming piles of english-abuse.

cvrysen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:36 pm

In that case... did I say my story was 4800 words? I meant 480. :perv:

As far as rejection goes, I think I'm pretty OK with it. I haven't been active enough in the short story market to say for sure, of course, but I've been active as an artist for long enough to be used to both rejection and criticism. I can't imagine writing is much different.

As for my opinion on a market after rejection... If it's a personal rejection and they turned me down over something I can work on, of course I'd submit again later. It'd be a good challenge to see if I can get that area of my work up to scratch! If it's a form rejection, it would really depend. If I think it's because the idea didn't work, I'd have no problems submitting again soon with an idea that works better. If I think it's because my writing isn't up to par, Ill probably hold off for a while until I really feel like I've improved. There's no point in wasting my time or theirs!

And again, all of this is based on ridiculously little experience in this world (one rejection, one acceptance, in wildly different genres and markets). I might just whine like a little kid about the injustice of it all after I rack up a couple more rejections. Maybe I'll put together some editor voodoo dolls... I'm sure I'll come up with something appropriately creative and/or insane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top