Random Stuff

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Stuff

Post by Jats on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 pm

"...was never a big fan myself at the time though have come to appreciate Morrisey's timeless lyrics and Johnny Marr's sublime guitar just in time then to be envious of a neighbour now who has just this minute told me over the fence how at a rather dull music festival where she was working t'other week she wondered over to a remote tent down by the lake to have a peek and there were The Smiths, not on the bill, totally unannounced playing to a hundred or so other previously bored stragglers. How cool was that..." Jats blathers on wishing he had gone now "...yes it's good to be back and as we both know then, no one can stop me now, but I then..." as Jats notices the peeing monkey has disappeared now "...for it seems the battle with twee needs me so..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 am

"...for it seems the battle with twee needs me so..."

"...well, each one of us has our loaths I suppose..." mentioned the goblin who didn't mind twee where twee was expected, no, he could find himself happily posting on one of those american religious teaparty mummies forums without the slightest confrontation once accepted as independent from it then, and yet he hated the humbug of those posters who used writer's forums like market places for their blogs and books elsewhere, where the evident discrepancy between their blog-entries and their posts just told the reader straight off both what they thought of the forum, of posting in general then, and why it probably wasn't worth following the link away then...", and no, the goblin wasn't pointing out anyone in particular, nor any forum either, just it was a general observation on his part here, adding "...so, between those who would have us all write in some cloned goosestep and those to who would call us away to elsewhere like this, I guess we all confront something in our posting now..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:54 am

yes the goblin has learned the art of Swiss neutrality indeed, though goblins can't be trusted you know, where I still have an Englishman's knack of upsetting the locals it seems with my blasphemies...a repost...

just the unthinkable though still improbably is being thought of as "someone else's problem" here, where the mediterranean countries have no history of stability as we might soon see

"...yes us Europeans are a volatile lot, it's the weather don't you know, and alls well and good when it's warm and sunny out..." responds Jats now up remarkably early in the morning for a change, climbing into his shorts and boots not forgetting the obligatory water proofs, lots to do, lots to do "...though we are an adaptable bunch, always moving to and fro in this loose union, and like the ancient Greeks before us never quite pulling together as one which will be our downfall in the end again I'm sure..." as Jats heads off now to part with his old truck that thanks to his foresight of being fitted to run on Gas (LPG for the Americans) from day one has sold for more than his new better one which will be running on vegetable oil before too long, with a few tweaks here and there "...though despite the squabbling and falling apart, we will cope, soldier on and hunker down, for as ever, winter is coming. No despite the shambles that lies ahead, in the long term all it does is distract everyone from looking to the east where no one seems too concerned that the ships are being built now, for some reason, across the narrow sea as the dragon awakes from its slumber then, yes must keep busy, winter is coming..."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jun/09/china-aircraft-carrier

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:46 pm

a re...hang on someone at the door...this re-post then...

"...can I convert you to atheism..." Jats asks opening the door, the man, and the boy standing behind him on the path both laugh "..no, no..." they reply "...well my answers the same then..." Jats smiles closing the door "...that's twice this month...the god botherers are stepping up the recruitment drive in these troubled times, or perhaps it's just another one of those annoyances of being in at this time, like daytime tv..." Jats wipes the dirt from his face just in from covering himself in shit in a new way for a change "...oh by the way we are in a double dip recession here, no one has said so yet, so I'll be the first, or maybe I will just start the rumour then, watch it go round like some of my gifs, clips, and little sayings do, which to be fair I stole most of anyway, chameleons can't be trusted you know, still, we have the Olympics to look forward to hey..." worryingly that all sounded far to familiar to Jats as he continued his diary of a nobody, that no-one would read in printed form of course, and so headed to the fridge for a beer while the chameleon finds an appropriate picture from appropriately another dead blog now

Last edited by Jats on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:39 pm

("...no one writes like you Jats..." mentioned the goblin who just loved the way the post, moreover the opening line, had broke open into Jats's mind once more, adding "...your hitcount here, tells you that which they wont tell you then...")

repost from elsewhere

"...life is a contradiction then, where contradiction is only to be expected..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where if one writes, one writes both objectively, thus idealism, and subjectively as something which just runs contrary to that idealism then...", in fact, the goblin felt, that in part, it was this mixtures of objective and subjective, that made writing such a hard balance to get right when one thought about it, and so easy when one didn't think about it..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:09 pm

I don't think about it, it just comes out, take what you will...

Sign Of The Times: Guy Updates Facebook Status During Police Standoff

from the all-the-world's-a-stage dept

Here's quite a story of our modern times -- Utah police were involved in a standoff with a guy in a motel and he [URL="http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/22/police-say-man-sent-facebook-updates-during-16-hour-standoff/"]updated his Facebook status[/URL] throughout the ordeal -- which ended with him shooting himself in the chest as a SWAT team raided the place (he's now in critical condition at the hospital, but expected to survive).

Many of the reports claim that it was a "hostage" situation, because there was a woman in there with him, but, if you read through the messages, it seems pretty clear that she was there willingly. The guy, Jason Valdez, even posted photos of the two of them and joked about his "hostage."

Lots of friends and onlookers took part in the conversation -- especially since [URL="https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000295855161&sk=wall&v=wall"]his Facebook page[/URL] is open to the public. This might get some of them in trouble, as the press have reported on at least one friend, who posted on Facebook the location of police and warned Jason that there was someone with a gun in the bushes, to which Valdez replied "Thank you homie, good looking out!" Police are warning that those who sent such messages could face obstruction charges -- and, not too surprisingly, the message about the cops in the bushes has been deleted.

The whole thing really is quite a statement on how people communicate these days. Forget the negotiator on the phone, perhaps next time we'll see a full on standoff negotiation via Twitter.

"...no I found it fascinating..." chirps up the chameleon not really blending in at all back just now from causing trouble elsewhere "...a delightful commentary on modern society don't you find as it in turn is then commentated on for it's fifteen minutes or so on-line until the fear of how close by that all could be for you and I subsides, judging by the responses, quiet until the next re-post then, for you have to keep up the momentum..." licking his lips the chameleon thought it rare he fed so well at NN for a while "...so no forum-land is not dead, even JK Rowling now, who unquestionably is the most successful author of the modern era no matter what you, or I, or the guardians news critic thinks, she is, and she thinks there's a future in this on-line mullarkey, and so I'll go along with her then..." Jats mumbles towards the kitchen for a re-fill "...completely barking...shag the arse off it though..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13889115

Last edited by Jats on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:20 pm

("...you always come up trumps, just what I wanted to read Jats..." went the goblin, who had just gone back onto the troll forum, saying "...one goes in one direction, and then at some point one feels it's time to head the other way now...")

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 pm

one needs a gyro, a repost...

Jats whiles away the hours with Glastonbury in the back ground, the fire on here, warm as toast, but thats another post "...I have an helicopter now, two in fact, a red one and a yellow one, and I know full well I am now destined to months of being chief mechanic and test pilot until the novelty has worn off, still they are marvellous fun, yes Happy Birthday boys, you will love these..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Jats takes a break from his day off "... that's tent no 2 all cleaned up sitting erect in the back yard, another left over from Glastonbury all shiny and de-muddied now while the owner is probably still out of his head looking for it, so that's one to keep and one to sell then with more free money going in the holiday fund which will hopefully have grown big enough to see more of God's country now that the ground is warming up enough for it then..." after rubbing his damp knees Jats continues saying nothing much "...I was just thinking is that the last bastion of the book, the holiday read, but not so, even somewhere remote a solar charger will keep your e-thingy topped up and you could devour a 100 or so novels if your holiday was that dull, though you can't beat a good book, or two lying around, to dip into, sometimes a reminder of what you have escaped from..." smiles Jats thinking of an appropriate one now after dealing with a high degree of twee of late "...yes its all about sense and sensibilities still..." 

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 am

a repost where someone asks for advice, or trolls, either way my answer is still the same then...

"...ah we are all so clever are we not , in hindsight..." remarks the chameleon having read the lot plus the comments here and so stepping in as usual when seeing a damsel in distress while laughing at his own 'conditioning' then while doing so now "...you have done the right thing so far Gwen and so keep doing so for it is not wrong to have emotions, to love and want to be loved in return, and so don't blame yourself for they are his demons to deal with now just as you did, and he will get help, you know this even though it may be hard to stand back and let them do so, but better that than being cold and callous like a lot of the humans then in not forgiving others for their failings..." as Jats here can't resist a slight chuckle as he sees the chameleon giving away this advice for free without being in a position to take advantage of it too neither, as some could, though nods approval for then it could only be an attempt to deflect just one human out of the clutches of the church as they sit and wait for life to work its way round their flock as usual, then adds "...funny how the humans forget that they loved each other once when they break up when they could do it gently to make it easier to love ones self again then, and be loved in return, for we all have to give our life story eventually, though would you do so on forum-land, albeit other than anonymously, but unlike me with most of my adventures done now, the young are so brave when searching for love..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Theresa on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Jats wrote:a repost where someone asks for advice, or trolls, either way my answer is still the same then...

"...ah we are all so clever are we not , in hindsight..." remarks the chameleon having read the lot plus the comments here and so stepping in as usual when seeing a damsel in distress while laughing at his own 'conditioning' then while doing so now "...you have done the right thing so far Gwen and so keep doing so for it is not wrong to have emotions, to love and want to be loved in return, and so don't blame yourself for they are his demons to deal with now just as you did, and he will get help, you know this even though it may be hard to stand back and let them do so, but better that than being cold and callous like a lot of the humans then in not forgiving others for their failings..." as Jats here can't resist a slight chuckle as he sees the chameleon giving away this advice for free without being in a position to take advantage of it too neither, as some could, though nods approval for then it could only be an attempt to deflect just one human out of the clutches of the church as they sit and wait for life to work its way round their flock as usual, then adds "...funny how the humans forget that they loved each other once when they break up when they could do it gently to make it easier to love ones self again then, and be loved in return, for we all have to give our life story eventually, though would you do so on forum-land, albeit other than anonymously, but unlike me with most of my adventures done now, the young are so brave when searching for love..."

"Love is the act of endless forgiveness, and stupidity. It is the symbol of eternity and sweet tyranny that torments willingly, yet, without love we would all be sensible human beings, void of a soul, void of poetry."

Theresa

Hello again, Jats.

Theresa
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 pm

"Love is the act of endless forgiveness, and stupidity. It is the symbol of eternity and sweet tyranny that torments willingly, yet, without love we would all be sensible human beings, void of a soul, void of poetry."

"..hallo again, beautiful, though not stupidity, habit surely, and lets not forget passion even though it may manifest itself differently with that habit, but to a writer tho, every quirk and flaw will still be loved so......"

Last edited by Jats on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Theresa on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:13 pm

You speak with truth, Jats. Every grain, every pattern, every nuance is highlighted by the hand staining process of writing. We leave our mark, and sometimes the absence of flaw isn't beauty; there are attractive nuances and flaws that can be deemed quite beautiful, especially when one doesn't think or act in terms of boundaries.

I blame the gnomes.

Theresa
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Theresa on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHV4Y9SEBo&feature=related

Theresa
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Jats smiles before settling down for some mindless late night TV to see which head is being cut off tonight "...though I quite like some boundaries, for it seems that in this modern age there are always whips and chains, dressing up clothes, lines to remember, even hiking gear and a compass required as women of a certain age seem to think a simple cuddle and a fumble on the sofa in your jammies is somewhat unsatisfactory these days, so it's no wonder any target of their desire is a little hesitant to begin with, even the gnomes..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 pm

more on the riots then...

decorating done Jats turns his eye to the tv now "...more buildings burning in London I see where again the protesters stroke rioters as the media are branding them ..." Jats chuckles at the BBC's pomposity "...where for another night they have been busy and it catching on elsewhere across the UK where it's all being organised on Twitter apparently along with the warning now that if you say anything on there you will be prosecuted, they will get you, stuff and nonsense of course, unless that explains why there are no police on the streets as they are all busy on Twitter like everyone else, so best stay here on forum-land, the quiet underground playground where they won't get you here, no we are far too busy for all that nonsense and the only thing that will get you here is your selves then..."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-london-riots-20110809,0,1378691.story

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:38 pm

I want to know where Jats lives. :tfo:

He seems like a good to have beer with type.

"...if you are buying then, as the banks have taken all my money see, it belonged to me but they have it now, and then there's this big police bill we will be facing despite the cuts that had to pay for the bankers bonus's of course and wot with inflation on the rise, 5% by the end of the year, so make that 10% then, meaning more 'riots' to come, history likes to repeat itself you see, and then there are the glorious games to pay for next year which I wont be able to see apart from on the TV, can't get a ticket for love nor money, though right now I could offer you some cheap jewellery and a wide screen TV if you like, for one might as well hey, just help yourself, as the minute you walk on the city centre streets here freely you are a suspected criminal now..." as Jats awaits the inevitable wrongful arrests stories to seep out "...no there is only one way to protest now en mass, as a sea of anonymity, why if you were clever about it, you wouldn't even need to leave your comfy seats..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 pm

mopre reporting from the front line...

That picture tells it all. Just how stupid the riots are. Burning buildings, and ruining peoples livelihoods is one thing, but endangering peoples lives, and potentially committing murder, are another. What did the lady in the building, jumping for her life, do to the thugs who set it on fire?

Stupid, mindless terrorists, is all these 'protestors' are. Most of them wouldn't work if a job was handed to them on a silver platter. And yet they cry poor, and, "poor me, no-one will give me a job," and "woe is me, there are no jobs in England". What a load of shit!

They are proving exactly what type of people they are, and nothing will come of it, except a lot of arrests (hopefully). They have not gained an ounce of sympathy from me, for their 'plight'. I feel hard done by everyday, working for a lousy $18 an hour, but it would do nothing for my cause if I burnt down buildings, or set fire to the owner of the company! (Now there's a thought.....)

That sort of thing would NEVER happen here (knock on wood, and all the rest). A couple of bullets to the leg, and the rioting would stop. You can't kick in a window, or run away, if your legs are shot to pieces! Arm the police with guns, and then see how many rioters show up! Fucking losers!

sipping his morning tea in the aftermath of another night of 'riots' in his little cottage by the canal which had never looked better now, the landlady's impending inspection merely coincidental of course "...and yes that picture says it all, taken from the front of the Daily Mail here, though we have no certainty that it was taken during the riots at all, for surely one thing is certain now, surely to anyone, is that we cant believe what the media tells us, and if that picture wasn't genuine, a minuscule retraction can be posted at a later date of course now that it's job is done then, whipping up the fervour of it's supporters...though I wonder how many of them will stay loyal when that £18 dollars an hour is only worth only a dollar then for no country is inflation proof in this world economy now, and you can blame these yoofs, these rioters these 'Vandals' for it all, and the dirty immigrants too, or whatever smokescreen presented to you, but no not me, thank god for the youth I say to challenge the comfy status quo that is slowly slipping from the grasp of the want to be middle class to eventually meet these yoofs head on, and when you do you will find you are just the same as them then, your liberties gone too, too poor to vote too even, and remember when you do, you'll find other than the soldiers of the state, these yoofs will have the guns not you..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 am

("...I like that post..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum

The long post beneath mine where a goblin is speaking?

"...ah no, that was some other goblin now, where this goblin doesn't know him at all, promise, where if you leave a description now, I'm sure I could keep an eye for you just in case I ever come across him..." ventured the goblin moments before the sandman showed with a big sack marked goblin on it, adding "...anyway, first you'll need to talk to moddy to get that frying pan, afterwards you join the queue I suppose...", and with that the goblin felt that he was making progress, yes indeed, anything to help the advancement of literature on forumland he felt, saying "...am I not on you side now humans, for do I not in my humble way keep reminding you all, that you're actually here amongst your readers now, and not writing to them anymore..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:25 am

thanks, me too cus it was my last one, here's my new favourite then...

Jats has mentioned plenty of times, here, that he used to chase the money God, and work in the corporate world. So now he chooses not to chase the money God, and live a poor mans life. That is what he chose. If he did not choose it, then he would not write with resentment and envy, about the wealthy people of the world. He would continue to try and be one of them, himself.

"...interestingly, now that all the rhetoric has been spewed out according to each individual agenda, the fact-less aspersions made, the arrest figures from these extraordinary all night courts here have revealed that not all is what it seemed and was reported then in the feeding frenzy, who would have thought it hey..." Jats ties his boots and picks a few flowers from his own little wild flower meadow to show his latest new client what can be planted on her sprawling estate with the hope that this small bunch brings a smile to her face and that the sick dog she had cried for on his shoulder on his last visit had made it through the night too "...yes it seems some were middle class, employed too, and more were in their twenties than their teens, one or two in their forty or fifties even, some admitting that they 'just got carried away with it', see, there is no stereotype when it comes to rioting, it's in us all, you'll see..." re-reading what he was supposed to reply to, Jats realises he hasn't replied at all, though perhaps he has in a way, a whole thread full, though the last word was right 'himself' the rest not quite, but people perceive what they will, and anyway chameleons can be anything they want to be

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Theresa on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:31 am

Why is the man in the little cottage by the canal so quiet as of late? Is he secretly dancing to Adam Levine? I am:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhwAqfLIG0o

Blame the gnomes:)

Theresa
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:03 am

and so too I dance to it now, only in my imagination while drinking my morning tea as my mind drifts back to dancing like Jagger once and winning a pair of ski's, but that's another post then, and yes I have been a bit quiet of late, especially here in my 'show thread', though I always like to keep one going, just in case, yet elsewhere I'm still busy doing nothing, and always writing of course, I can't help that now, and, as ever, winter is coming, so, in the meantime, a couple of reposts for you then...

Jats enjoys a bit of pottering about in his little cottage down by the canal, while making lunch with some of the ingredients plucked from his vegetable patch now and a wondering  "...so how's everyone's gardens growing then here..." while spotting the broccoli hearts coming on and a few more tomatoes on the turn ready for the window sill "...fruits have exploded this year, plum tree branches snapping under the weight of the bountiful harvest, raspberries, strawberries, pears too, having far more than I know what to do with, while getting my five a day then..." draining the eggs Jats wishes he had room for his own chickens again "...sunflowers 4' tall, but still no flowers yet, though I s'pose some sun would help there..." and in hope he gives some a little bit of a last feed anyway

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:05 am

"...couldn't agree more, that 3rd person stuff gets on my tits..." replies Jats scratching his bollox staring out at another sunny day "...glad I don't do that, no I have never referred to myself when speaking then, as I am now, talking just as I would face to face, though it matters not the way I am saying it, what usually pisses most people off is what I am saying then, specially when I am right, with no distractions for them to latch on to to help save a failing argument, or face then..." Jats puts the kettle on once more wondering if that's why books are hated so now, everything having to be in first person plain and simple, or even worse txt speak followed by an emoticon, otherwise it just being too difficult for some to follow a simple story now "...and anyway, I think we have covered this before, there's a whole thread full of it, but persist with it if that's all you have..." and so the chameleon supplies a link to it, and a video to help out then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:03 am

Enjoyed your gardening post, since I have broccoli growing in the garden right now, to satiate the taste buds of my better half. I'm using home-made compost this year, as it proved far superior to the bought stuff when I tested both on radishes a while back.

Gardening being a good cure for a mind gone mad, apparently. My brain will soon be a broccoli-head, turned red. And my better half will eat that instead.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:19 am

"...like that last line Bosey, see we can write in our posts if we want to..." replies Jats chuckling and lacing his boots up now readying to plant a wildflower meadow "...from a 'the growing your own fruit & veg' thread where I can never resist offering my two penneth worth..." as the chameleon searches for another one then...

six today, watching them fluttering from flower to flower, sitting quietly as two of them danced right in front of his nose entwined in a courtship perhaps, or just flying for the hell of it as Jats smiles knowing the more he grows, the more that will follow and join this little symbiosis of his own creation "...so how is that companion planting going then xxxx..." wonders Jats sipping his tea before readying to travel down for a master class at his sisters followed by a few choice selections from her knowledgeable wine collection too no doubt, the chameleon licking his lips in anticipation despite only getting the cheap ones of course "...yes all the hard work done, just sitting and waiting now to build to harvest which I suspect will be late this year, making a note of what has done well, what hasn't, and enjoying the few surprises that cant even remember planting like the tomatoes that have sprung up in the corner doing nicely, but certainly more flowers going in next year amongst the rows of veg that are flowering now just as beautifully amongst the nasturtiums which have stolen the show, though the wild flower meadow out front is coming along nicely..." as Jats collects enough for a bouquet to take with him now

Last edited by Jats on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top