Random Stuff

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random Stuff

Post by Jats on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 am

"...why not then, so just a place for Random Stuff, if you can't find the right thread for it, stick it in here, we will be here, the Chameleon and me, with a few jokes, some tales, a smattering of poetry, a touch of philosophy, just random see, and where anything is possible..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Stuff

Post by Jats on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:09 am

"...well now then, let the sideshow begin, trifles of your reality, a mere glimpse, a reflection, and a few small steps on the journey..." begins the chameleon, waking still "...roll up, roll up and step into the mirror which reflects far better than any photograph can, time to play a different game that others will dare not play even, not wanting to look too deeply, the deal with the devil being struck long ago, and for the rest make of it what you will, please take generously, for who can put a price on dreams..." and so it begins now as the chameleon waits to see who wins here by it

Last edited by Jats on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:11 am

"...never mind 'for women', I want one myself..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 am

and a repost then, to introduce JATS...

"...why yes the mob, such a fickle creature, swinging this way and that, and so hard to see when you are caught up in it, children and grown ups alike, take this weekend when my lot rushed in asking if they could go on Facebook before they had even taken their coats off, as to my dismay it had been allowed, and also by the parents of half their classmates it seems, with their children now addicted to Farmville, being drawn back to plant crops, buying chickens and cows, all busy outdoing each other, caught up in the hysteria, with 'friendship requests' appearing every five minutes from who knows, in those shark infested waters..." Jats sips his tea, shaking his head in dismay "...by Sunday I had had enough, after several long chats it was banned, and distraction plans put in place, armed with telescopic litter pickers, dayglo jackets donned, they were pushing a wheelbarrow of bug boxes, tools and bags along the canal, and became part of a small group of volunteers who proceeded to clean up a wild-flower meadow and woodland fringe, seeing then a glimpse of the true nature of man as they shrieked with delight/disgust at finding bags of faeces, animal and human, amongst all the other rubbish, and was finished off with a lesson in coppicing trees shouting 'timber'  as each one fell to their cut. As we marched back, looking more forward to Sunday lunch, it was then that I answered their earlier questions, of 'why are we doing this Dad? We are not getting paid' as they played swords with the litter pickers that they had been allowed to keep, were warm and proud, despite the cold, with their logs that they had cut stored in our rucksacks, and a flue chimney for my log burner worth £80 tucked under my arm, given to me by one of the ladies who I discovered had been about to throw it out and just gave it to us, plus, much to the boys delight, a guided tour of her narrow boat. Yes it was then that I answered their questions, smiling and saying 'I think we did quite well out of it don't you' and Facebook was completely forgotten about..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:24 am

too busy blogging uh, a repost then, I'll wait...

"...I HATE ryan air, well I don't but plenty do it seems, there was even a website saying just that www.ihateryanair.co.uk where everyone would complain about the poor service received, like that's hardly a well kept secret, anyway, Ryan Air won a court case to close it down on the grounds it was profit making, it had made £322 from donations, and then guess what, a new site appeared 24 hours later, www.ihateryanair.org, don't you just love the internet..." Jats chuckles "...so it seems you can say what you like still for free, but not if someone pays you to...perhaps then all these 'writers' have got it the wrong way round striving to be published when really that's the last thing they should want then..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 am

a repost then, where I am free to say whatever I want...

Jats sighs "...my day then, housework and shopping and housework again with the radio blaring, ignoring the news of the conservative government on the rise again despite the liberals hanging on to their shirt tails in this mockery of a coalition, cuts, cuts, cuts they cry as they declare they have saved us from bankruptcy by reintroducing covertly the Thatcherite policies that got us this way, benefits slashed, social housing gone, finally they sell the Post Office off, further education for the rich again only, but all the while keeping us safe from the big bad threat that is ever growing of terrorist attack and invading armies..." Jats sighs again "...and of course the good old BBC is saved to keep on feeding the 'balanced' views over the airways to the plebs while they and the politicians grumble at how hard it is to fiddle the expenses these days...no nothing has changed in our nice clean want to be middle class houses as we let them run free with blood on their hands, again and again..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 am

talk amongst yourselves then, some of us have empires to overthrow...

"...lets take a leap of imagination starting just over ten years ago now before the last census was taken in the UK in 2001, when an email was doing the rounds telling everyone to put down 'Jedi Knight' in the religion box, and they did, in their thousands, 390,000 to be precise, ish, even Canada got in the act with 21000, everyone thinking it was a jolly good jape, or seeing the empathy and similarities way back then. So, as the new census appears now, what an opportunity to do it again, even increasing the numbers until who knows when and what, we could even rule, being the majority, us Jedi Knights here taking over the dark side from our sofas..." Jats ponders on this in between staring out of the window in a zombie like trance "...for as no doubt when I see some words spread, pictures taken for wallpapers, gifs stolen and bandied about, we can make an influence bit by bit, as we become more well known by it, even if only to stem the flow of others who have already started thinking like this..." as Jats puts the kettle on now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 am

"...roll up roll up, welcome young and old, welcome one and all to the random stuff thread show..." went the goblin now, knowing that things would be on the up too, seeing that 44 for 6 was a readership that spoke for itself, adding "...I'll keep you company then hoping the others will jump in too, let the show begin then..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:08 pm

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Slinky_Bass on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:24 pm

You know Shiney, if you took up the Livewriting mantle, you'd be known for your posts and matching videos I'm sure. You seem to have an unending supply of appropriate youtubes (and who could resist the lure of the byline "A shiny nugget of poo on a white duvet").

On a slightly different note, welcome JATS/Chameleon. I look forward to listening to you as much as I do Fleamailman/Goblin.

And finally, a random post to christen this thread: How to destroy a bank

I found this enlightening article courtesy Reddit and for those of you who don't feel like reading through the ten page article, here's a summary. A retired investment banker proposes a method by which ordinary people can use their power as consumers to legally force banks to review and possibly change their self-serving policies and practices. Essentially he proposes a planned bank run, saying that the fear and potential loss of income for targeted banks will be enough to get them to concede to consumers demands. Power to the people and all that.

Of course this fellow is being labelled as a terrorist, as he knows such a plan will create fear due to loss of profits. I'm no economist but as far as people and behaviour go, this response rang true to me...
“I learned a long time ago that bullies respond only to strength. You want the banks’ attention? Put one of them in the morgue. Anything else is a minor inconvenience to them.”
Besides, if the majority of the people adopt this method as a means of taking control, and voicing extreme dissatisfaction in a particular industry, does it still qualify as terrorism? What other recourse, realistically, does the average citizen have of changing something like this?

Apart from giving consumers leverage in dealing with banking corporates, Eddie Bravermann (yes, it's a pseudonym) also has this to say of his seven step bank-bullying plan:
“It’s inevitable that another crash is coming,” he said, “and soon. In the wake of the greatest theft in the history of mankind, there still hasn’t been a real change in how investment banks do business. The toxic assets are still there, only now they’re even worse. The next time it happens, it will be coupled with a ­sovereign-debt crisis because the rest of the world knows we can’t pay our bills."

Slinky_Bass

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Very Happy danke.

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

[quote]
Shiney wrote:1000 points to Jats for posting a thingy from "The IT Crowd". Great show!

"...well its even better when you have uttered 'have you tried turning it off and back on again' a million times yourself in a former life, and also asked 'what is your computer number?' and got the reply 'I'm not sure, its the one by the window though' only to find it wasn't working as the cleaner had unplugged it for her hoover, yes I have had them all..." replies Jats finally putting his feet up now "...and very very interesting Kobold, I will look into that more when I have more time..." as JATS sleeps sound now, meanwhile a repost then...

"...I just think we need some kind of miracle, a new wave of thinking sweeping the nations.....oh yeah, only in the movies, or is it, are we so locked into a global economy, a system we can not change, could we make this existence green by voting Green, especially as they are now seeing the error of their ways on such things as Nuclear Fuel and GM foods and with rationale rather than rhetoric now it makes more sense. Could it make a difference, or catapult us to somewhere else even worse, though no one else it seems is doing anything about it other than glib promises and pre-election sound-bites, and anyway, is it possible to demonstrate dissatisfaction any other way, or is that seen as action against the state nowadays, so to Vote then... Na it will never happen..." and Jats goes back to watching the football then "... but some-things gotta change..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:45 pm

then again, a repost then...

"...I have met some remarkable people in my time and have to agree with Aristotle's claim that 'there is no great genius without a mixture of madness'. Many of his contemporaries as well as psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and psychologists today agree with his statement and have argued that genius and madness are indeed linked to underlying degenerative neurological disorders. Amongst other notable studies, researchers at the Stanford University Medical Centre in 2002, ran a series of personality, temperament, and creativity tests to students studying creative or fine arts, design, and mechanical engineering. The test results showed that individuals in this group, were more likely to be moody and neurotic than a healthy control group. Moodiness and neuroticism were part of a group of characteristics these researchers used to identify mild, non-clinical forms of depression and bipolar disorder. So..." concludes the chameleon "... is there a danger of being too smart for your own good? Meanwhile, Jats is happily passing on his inferior wisdom, in the shadow and relative ignorance of such higher things, and has just again, showed the boys that little trick of gathering some toilet paper then wiping around the bowl, after they have been for a shite, and before washing their hands, then whatever, women will love them forever..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerr on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am

"Ah, then it is the Fleamailman/Goblin in his chameleon garb?" said Kerr, scratching her head in wonder at this second persona. huh

Kerr

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 am

"Ah, then it is the Fleamailman/Goblin in his chameleon garb?" said Kerr, scratching her head in wonder at this second persona.

"...oh no..." Jats laughs then sighs "...and we were doing so well here too, all I can say is keep reading on as to who is JATS then for we are very different Flea and I, the similarities being I have stolen bits of his continuous conversational writing style, we both use Linux, and he once was an Englishman too..." and Jats sighs again grumbling at the continuous rain that has returned after the brief sunshine weekend as if to prove his Englishness "...but, thats the beauty/trouble with being a chameleon then, people are not quite sure who's who and whats coming next, as though this is not an admission to trolling, quite the contrary, as the main difference is a 'live writer' only uses one persona, that's the point of it, but there are five of us, and counting, so its easy to get confused..."

Last edited by Jats on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 am

and to unexplain further, another repost then...

"...and of course do not forget the thief..." Jats laughs and takes that train of thought with him, as he goes off to chop some wood that he has acquired along the way "... a stealer of pictures, of ideals, and ideas, reasons and rhyme, for it has been done since the dawn of time, original, you, me, no, no, we are all just copies, for is imitation the sincerest form of flattery, are we not all the sum of mentors gone, perhaps some remain, and to ignore lessons given free, without payment, or any gain, just sheer stupidity, a gathering of self inflicted pain, and from the bit of you that remains, comes originality then..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 am

http://www.playboy.com/articles/how-to-destroy-a-bank/index.html?page=10

"...well Kobold, yes really really interesting indeed..." says Jats again just reading the full article now that has set his mind racing "...now it shouldn't be difficult to find sites that are not happy with banking charges and practices as per the Ryan Air post, and I think at the very least they should be made aware of Eddie's idea..." chuckles the chameleon mischievously "...and if I can push them into choosing HSBC now that would be nice then..." now licking his lips vengefully

"...though..." he adds editing here "...this picture is more apt..."

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jats on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:45 pm

"Ah, then it is the Fleamailman/Goblin in his chameleon garb?" said Kerr, scratching her head in wonder at this second persona.

“....no no no mortal, JATS is very JATS where I am more goblinlike...” joked the goblin, adding “...he's more daring, explicit, and frank, he writes much upon human relationships too, where his family snapshots are a joy to read....”, not to mention perhaps that another pointer might be the fact that the goblin's post's tended to resemble a three way wresting match between, some euphoricly mad muse, the whyly dislexsick fairry, and himself then, with both a time pilfering clock and a greedy slot watching on with glee at the ever uncertain results here, "...simple, JATS is the sane one..." went the chorus in the background now

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 pm

"...thought that might bring you here, see he's mad I tell you, yet I read every single word, and yes I have been quite tame so far..." spoiler button, use the spoiler button chants the chameleon "...and a joy to read then, well for me anyway, maybe for others one day..."

While still enjoying the delights of Autumn I can't help thinking of Winter around the corner, and of Winters past, and on one cold crisp morning I had taken the boys for a walk in the Forest and we came upon a lake, frozen, majestic and still. For a brief moment, before they tired of waving their sticks around fighting whatever foe they had created in their imaginations, and caught up with me, I stood alone, appreciating the beauty of the winter sun dancing through the trees and stretching out along the glistening surface like warm fingers clawing to liberate the water below.

I savoured that moment, that beauty, and sucked in the tranquillity sending my teeth on edge, but warming my soul, quickly, impatiently, as I knew the moment would soon be lost as already excited voices came nearer, each one echoing the others words with greater excitement, as they too saw the vista before them, with different eyes than mine. Prized sticks that had been scoured for with such earnest endeavour, until their envy of their brothers discovery had been satisfied, were now testing the edges, and then soon clattering across the surface as weakness was searched for further out. The shore was frantically scavenged for stone upon stone, that rained down on the impregnable barrier, until finally, by pooling their strength a log of substantial size was launched which broke the surface with a satisfying crack that replaced the determined faces with beaming smiles, and roars of triumph that echoed for miles around.

Only then did I see the figure appear from behind a clump of willows, a little further down the lake to our right, and I noticed the serious looking camera in hand, and the frown upon his face. It was clear to me that he too, had tried to capture the moment, but had failed, his winter scene shattered or the winter fowl had flown. “Did we ruin your moment?” I asked with a smile and a laugh, both without a hint of apology, although warm and friendly just the same, and in return, a stare, a grimace of a smile, but not a word, head stayed down, clearly annoyed yet still submissive, as he walked on by, to look for peace once more, perhaps I thought, as I watched him disappear sullenly down the lonely track, never to be found.

What would his snapshot of that moment remind him of I wonder? For me, it was best be quick, with little boys around, for soon it will melt away, be gone, and then off we went, new sticks to be found.

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 pm

repost from elsewhere

Goblin.. You may ask for a copy, my photography and art are all copyrighted , I would be glad to send you a copy.

“...well I certainly love the picture, but I don't see how anyone can send anything to an anonymous persona, but I'll tell you what, if I were to go, left hand click, over the picture, choose copy link source, then paste it on another thread adding (img)(/img) using square brackets, I am sure that I'd have a copy, saving you the bother, moreover forumland would have another copy on it somewhere, in fact anyone could have any number of copies that way, simply copy upon copy upon copy then...” mentioned the goblin without malice in his words here, no he liked xxxxx very much, just the goblin was pointing out that nothing written or illustrated on forumland was beyond copying then, saying “...perhaps the only way to avoid this copying is not to post it in the first place, for can you imagine the fun of chasing anonymous personas, which, since identity is unprovable here is everyone then, across an endless forumland here...”, perhaps then, this was precisely the problem facing the chinese authorities about erasing subversive material toward their authority, which one would think as a good thing perhaps, where conversely too, it was the same problem the police faced in erasing depraved material too, which one would think of as a pity now, for in both cases this forumland was just too unforgivingly big to be sure that they had got rid of every copy

Last edited by fleamailman on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:22 pm

"...please take generously...." Jats cries again then. knowing we are known for it now... a random repost then

"...I hate the petty rules of small talk don't you, its all so nonsensical, like when you meet some one for the first time and you say 'pleased to meet you', when what you really want to say is 'I hope you are not a prick', and then there is the other extreme like the other day when I was walking down the street and some woman who was far too busy texting on her mobile phone with her ridiculous false nails while tottering in her ridiculously high heels bumped into me and then had the temerity to tell me to watch where I was going, and so instead of apologising myself, like most people would, and like she arrogantly expected me too, I said 'well I hope you were texting the good manners and etiquette shop then, perhaps they could give you a good discount for buying in bulk, as lets face it you are going to need all the help you can get you vacuous inconsiderate little witch who is obviously searching in vain for a husband...' smiling at her stunned silence I added '...and the only reason I am not angry with you is that when you bumped into me I managed to kop a sneaky feel of your tits'. Not that she found it amusing, enlightening or sexual thrilling in any way, but I did, and that's all that matters then..." as Jats continues his search for an unselfish woman who has, amongst other things, a pair of well used walking boots amongst her vast selection of shoes then.

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:22 am

repost from elsewhere, the "What is wrong with the American army?" thread

the goblin showed, saying "...let me guess your thinking then, the army is in control of the situation here, it is answerable to the government, and government is duly elected by the people, thus democracy as we know it then, where the goal of democracy has been its propagation worldwide, in other words "america stands for democracy" then...", well at least that was what it was meant to be, continuing "...but no, amarica actually stands on finance, where financial influence is the key to understanding its foreign and domestic policy now, where democracy is commendable, permissible, and tolerated only until it elects something that is against the wishes of the builderberg, or whatever one chooses to call that vested interest that lurks behind those western democracies then...", in fact, orchestrated economic collapse was on the cards now, where the unanswerable fed now prints money to crash level, and where war would serve and a distractive scapegoat here, so that the big banks can buyout by the little ones, in fact one wonders if there is any reason why these workings, motivations, and results should differ from the great stock market crash 1929, save in scale perhaps, oh and in subtlety of remaining in the shadows once more

Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M9zDNHPH0k

Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdeoktnv8ko

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 pm

for all those reading in the shadows, eighteen months ago I read a post by Flea similar to this on the state of Europe, and though plausible I thought no more of it, until that day when the Greeks rioted in the streets, and then there was this one too, a year ago with my reply...

"...it's a recession because they have told you that it is one, but look at it more closely, every recession to date has been investors withdrawing their investment in late autumn, causing the market to slump, whereupon an injection of capital from either banks or governments props things up until, that too, proves futile and one has the recession for sure, but a recession, like its namesake, is supposed to eventually return things to what they once were are they not... so now, with a trillion dollar debt and one dollar in ten going to service that debt too, and with far too much money in circulation anyway, and that ever unchanged "upside down demographic pyramid", still think it's a recession...it's a “default” financial musical chairs if you like where the music has stopped, america will survive, but it has filed for chapter 13 in all but name...”

"...and what of the poor little UK, now that Uncle Tom is on his knees, how fairs our special relationship now I wonder... as usual I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I can 'feel it', my hackles have been rising for many a year, predicting the housing collapse here in the UK a long time back, oh I was the dinner party bore then, while they twittered and bragged on about the beginning of their downfalls, then the rising inflation from my shopping bill, and before that the sell out of the company I had helped build, and I cherish my habit of seeing the signs, getting out by making other plans, if only I had used this gift to play the markets then, but shudder at the thought of what I would have become, and are these just the ramblings of a mad man supported by another, for sure it's not in the media, not in the US anyhow, so utter nonsense then, it can't be true, surely, yet over here for all I abhor it there is a glimmer here and there on the old BBC, as an old much decried economics theory is now discussed once in a while, as they try to work out if its just 'dismal' then, or 'really dismal' this state we are in, and as for climbing out of it, as they would like to have us believe, further to fall yet from this brink, do ya think..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Slinky_Bass on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:26 pm

One thing folks throughout history have in common is that they've been predicting disaster around every decade. As coincidence would have it (or the result of inevitable signs and circumstances) disasters have been striking, no doubt confirming doomsayers predictions.

re-post from elsewhere: discussion on conspiracy theories serving as plot-lines

Maybe religion and myths were the original conspiracy theories?

Life? Earth? Human beings...Waay to special and complex to be some random occurrence. Gotta be somebody real powerful behind all that...

I'm a pretty suspicious person at best. I'm always questioning the motives of those in media and advertising, and to be honest, I think I'm justified. When it comes to other things, like natural disasters, outbreaks of disease, interaction with others, and plain old random occurrences, I must remind myself on a regular basis that despite my overactive ego's assurances that the world revolves around me and my actions, it doesn't. People who fall for any old conspiracy are pretty damn arrogant in my opinion, to think that some nebulous group would go through all that effort to hide/ spin/ control and conspire against them or their family/town/nation etc.

Maybe a large part of the lure of conspiracy theories is that they play to our sense of self-importance. Why are humans such self-important creatures? Because I think we're secretly afraid, mostly of our own insignificance and mortality.

And I agree xxx, a lot of it is also our poor brains trying to make sense of the things that happen around us. I've read often enough that our brains are wired to find patterns in the sensory input we receive. We have a hard time accepting the fact that perhaps we just don't know.

So how does this relate to a potentially good plot? I'm not 100% sure, but maybe we should start looking at those areas of our lives where the conspiracies seem more prevalent than others. i.e the questions of leadership, political control, societal shaping, consumer manipulation. I think many of us suspect a great deal of underhand activities in those areas relating to the control of the masses. Because despite the assertions that we are free and all possess equal rights, many people do not feel, deep down, that this is so.

Slinky_Bass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top