A Kobold in Forumland

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Kobold in Forumland

Post by Slinky_Bass on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:48 pm

A Shiney Fellow by all Accounts

QUEENTROLLBOT ranted and raged from the threshold of her cave. She dare not follow the trio, though, as the carrionbots would eat her without question. Deal or no, they had missed their promised meal of Livewriter after all.

Chameleon took the opportunity to waggle his behind at the furious troll, who foamed at the mouth at his cheeky taunts.

“Come now Chameleon, it’s unseemly to gloat,” said Goblin in a weary voice.

“I know, but they’re so much fun when you’ve got them hanging.”

“And when you’re at a safe distance…” Goblin countered.

“Touché, my dear Goblin!”

Kobold kept half an ear on their banter as she crept down the tunnel. Someone had saved them and she was determined to find out who. Now she hadn’t heard anyone move away, so she reckoned their mysterious saviour was still here, lurking in the shadows.

“Mister decapitated foot dispenser…” she whispered to the darkness.

“I just wanted to say thank you, you know, for the feet. You really did save us back there…” she trailed off, hoping for a response.

At first she heard nothing, but after a few second she was sure she heard the faint sound of music and a voice singing in the darkness.

~“When you hear a sound that you just can't place, Feel somethin' move that you just can't trace. When something sits on the end of your bed. Don't turn around when you hear me tread…”~

“Uh, don’t worry, you don’t need to be shy or hide, I just wanted to say thank you. I’m sure the others do too,” said Kobold softly, moving closer to the source of the music.

~“I'm the invisible man I'm the invisible man. Incredible how you can see right through me”~

“Just a little more to the left,” she thought to herself as the stranger sang, “and here!” She parted one side of a dark green curtain hanging against the wall. Now although it was dark, Kobold could see as though it were day, and she had no trouble seeing the strange fellow standing behind the curtain. He had just managed to lift something in front of his face, obscuring it completely. Kobold recognized the object as a typewriter.

“You really are a shy fellow aren’t you! Well, I’m sorry for startling you, I just wanted to say thank you for all the feet.”

“Ahem, ah, well, it’s a pleasure,” the masked man replied.

“My name is Kobold by the way and back there are my companions, Goblin and Chameleon.” She pointed towards the two and then held out her little hand in greeting.

“My name is Shiney,” and with that he shook Kobold’s offered hand in return.

Slinky_Bass

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm

("...so what happened next..." asked the goblin)

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 am

and with that the goblin somehow knew that slinky_bass had been eaten by a bear now, saying "...yes, I shall always remember the kobold then, who during her short posting life, had done some wonderful posts in spite of that hardships of posting from the new world, befriended by other livewrirters here, but know this, that her pioneering spirit, of cutting a day to day posting existence out of the humdrum of dailylife, well till the bear gobbled her up that is, is what made america the great country that it once was..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:46 am

"...perhaps we are just not giving her anything to write about..." smiles Jats

a tale springs to mind, surely I have told them this one? maybe not "...a while back in my quiet shabby little market town I was visiting the little library here with the boys, way before I got fast broadband and started to be a criminal downloading illegal things, and as we chose a film then, suddenly two guys came fighting through the automatic doors, one guy seeming desperate to reign punches and kicks on the other much bigger older chap while the old ladies and mums all stood with mouths agape, so, I told the boys to 'stay' and strolled over to see what all the fuss was about, seeing as everyone else seemed routed to the spot, and as I parted them and asked 'whats going on?' the smaller chap explained through a blood soaked nose that while riding his bike along the pavement outside the older chap had inexplicably put his arm out pole-axing him and sending the poor chap flying off his bike. When I asked if this was true, the older chap displayed no contrition, or remorse, as if it was par for the course, infuriating the little chap even more, and my instant verdict of the situation was therefore in agreement with the little chap and so I stepped back, letting the little chap resume his blows to exact his little revenge. As I turned, hearing a blow or two land, one of the library assistants clutching the phone told me that the police where on the way, very loudly for a library I thought, and so I then turned back parting the two men again, seeing that the little chap seemed more satisfied now, quietly advising him that the police had been called and he best get out of here, to which, after a couple of obscenities thrown in for good measure at the older chap now bleeding in return, he did, whereas the big fella, to my amazement, walked into the library to meet his wife, who had been sitting at a pc all this time and appeared quite nonplussed at the whole occurrence..." Jats pauses for that second cuppa then "...it was only as I stood at the counter afterwards, finally getting the film, when a woman looked up at me all doe eyed saying I had been very brave, and that the boys had been set to follow me into the fray at one point until she had called them back, it was only then, as I patted the boys on their heads ruffling their hair a little, that I thought how I had given no thought to it at all, as we walked home, the boys buzzing with excitement, when Dad was a hero for a day or two then..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top