Apocalyptica

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Apocalyptica

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:45 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:I really dig that Kottonmouth Kings song. The rest, not so much.
Kottonmouth Kings are awesome. They sure do sing/rap about weed a lot, though. Haha.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:24 am

Well... Kottonmouth? You know... herb gives ya that. Very Happy It's called a "side effect"... ahem.. pharmaceutically speaking, that is.

EffieCollins

http://efcollins.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 am

Kenwood wrote:Really bizarre. I can't hate it, either, which is even more bizarre. Haha.
Yeah, I pretty much felt the same way about reviewing it. The entire album was sort of nonsensical and I don't think I quite got it, but I can't fault the weird originality.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:35 pm

EffieCollins wrote:Well... Kottonmouth? You know... herb gives ya that. Very Happy It's called a "side effect"... ahem.. pharmaceutically speaking, that is.
Oh, I know. I've actually never tried it (seriously, fuckers!), but I know a million people have tried it and still do smoke it. So I know all about it. Haha. Hell, my father sold weed when I was a kid. Laughing

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:25 pm

I've never tried it, either.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:I've never tried it, either.
The only thing I've ever done is alcohol, and I've never enjoyed it. I had this weird desire to conquer it, if that makes sense. My father began drinking in his 30s to quell the pain of a stomach ulcer. It took hold, quick, and it was all downhill from there. It ruined him. Even back then, I said, "That's not going to be me." So I had to "beat" alcohol, like bending the inner demon to my will, you know.

Of course, being drunk was fun enough; I simply never allowed it to take control. Of course, in hindsight I realize that was all silliness, but maybe not.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:I've never tried it, either.
The only thing I've ever done is alcohol, and I've never enjoyed it. I had this weird desire to conquer it, if that makes sense. My father began drinking in his 30s to quell the pain of a stomach ulcer. It took hold, quick, and it was all downhill from there. It ruined him. Even back then, I said, "That's not going to be me." So I had to "beat" alcohol, like bending the inner demon to my will, you know.

Of course, being drunk was fun enough; I simply never allowed it to take control. Of course, in hindsight I realize that was all silliness, but maybe not.

I never used to drink a lot when I was younger. I drink more now, but I try to be realistic with myself about it. The worst thing you can do with your demons is lie to yourself about them.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 pm

I just don't enjoy the taste of any alcohol. It's nasty, all of it. Gimme a Pepsi! Haha.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Well, while I do not advocate drug use, I enjoy my herb. I openly admit that and always have. I have had problems with prescription meds, so I try to avoid them unless I am in major pain. Luckily, I have a high tolerance for pain, unless it's mouth/teeth pain. I'm a total whiny bitch about my mouth LOL.

I do enjoy a mixed drink though, and tequila is a newer found love. But all things are better in moderation. I only let myself drink once every month or so. I have too much of an addictive nature to drink more often than that.

@TT - you are absolutely right about lying to yourself about your demons being the worst thing. If you can't be honest about it, you can't fight it.

Wow. We derail ourselves in this forum so much it's not even funny.

EffieCollins

http://efcollins.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Man, tooth pain—especially if the root is involved—is fucking brutal! I had a tooth fall apart on me as a kid. It had had a filling, but obviously the cavity was not completely removed when it was put on. So the tooth just decayed from the inside out, and then eventually fell apart so that nothing but the root was showing.

This was after my father's addiction made us dirt poor, so there was no dental insurance and I was too young to work a real job. I lived with that pain for about two years. I used to lay an aspirin on the root and let it dissolve into it. Helped a little. And aspirin tastes nasty. It was horrible.

I've broken bones, had bruised kidneys, a cracked liver, been in countless fights, been stabbed, had my nipples pierced (12-gauge), and nothing compares to that tooth pain. Worst pain ever!

And yeah, this whole forum is off-topic. Haha.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Haha, what a conversation tangent. Tooth pain is utterly horrible. I've never suffered the worst of it, but I had braces for a good few years when I was younger and it was a surprisingly brutal experience at the best of times.

As for the vices thing, I've always enjoyed a drink (I put that down to my teenage years being spent in a small town in Wales) but I've never enjoyed smoking anything particularly. I seemingly have the lungs of a 9 year old child, it doesn't gel well.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:05 pm

I tried one puff of a cigar once. I was drunk, but remember the feeling of razorblades coursing down my throat and into my lungs. Guess you don't inhale cigar smoke. Who knew! All I know is that once was enough. I'll never smoke another thing in my life.

How did we get from Apocalyptica to addiction? Haha.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm not actually sure, but that's how a good conversation works - it weaves from one topic to another with no discernible logic, hah.

Both my parents were (and still are) heavy smokers, and I think more than anything that has put me off it. Smoking just seems a bit nasty, I don't enjoy the feeling of that stuff going down my throat really.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 am

Mmmmmmmmm..... cigars are great, although I go months and months without them.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmzone on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:25 am

Effie! I remember you sending me some of these! It's good to be reminded again thanks girl! ((hugs to you))

Kmzone

http://randomthoughtsofawriterygirl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top