Emilie Autumn - The Asylum Gone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emilie Autumn - The Asylum Gone

Post by amrose on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Don't know how many people are muffins, but I was sad to get the announcement that EA's Asylum forums will for the most part be shutting down. Without the EA forums, who knows if I would have discovered the great Shock Totem community as Ken (I think) posted in the Writing Subforum about the mag.

There's a lot of drama surrounding the issue and I don't think I'll be joining the Ning fan forum (I don't like the Ning format) but I'm still a fan.

Back to top Go down

Re: Emilie Autumn - The Asylum Gone

Post by Kenwood on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Emilie has gotten extremely popular over the past few years. Unfortunately, when this sort of thing happens, the artist has to distance himself or herself from the fans.

It sucks, I know. I remember when Devin Townsend and his wife chatted with a handful of fans on his Yahoo! e-mail list all the time. But back then, Devin had just a handful of fans. Haha. Now he's pretty damn popular, and as such he and his wife have distanced themselves from fans.

You can blame it on the few crazy fans out there, those that get far too involved and think they're truly friends with the artist.

"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top