The Amityville Horror House at 108 Ocean Ave. Is for Sale: What Should Be Done with It?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Amityville Horror House at 108 Ocean Ave. Is for Sale: What Should Be Done with It?

Post by Guest on Tue May 25, 2010 3:22 pm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5420476/the_amityville_horror_house_at_108.html?cat=2

Smile

It's a beautiful piece of property!

Would you move into a haunted house?

I would. Come hell or high water if I had a home that awesome the entity who haunted it would have to fear me and not the other way around if it ever told me to, "Get Out!"

Back to top Go down

Re: The Amityville Horror House at 108 Ocean Ave. Is for Sale: What Should Be Done with It?

Post by Tall Tyrion on Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

If it were mine, I would do the B&B thing.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Re: The Amityville Horror House at 108 Ocean Ave. Is for Sale: What Should Be Done with It?

Post by Argentus on Tue May 25, 2010 4:00 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to turn it into a tourist attraction with guided tours, just like the Lizzie Borden house.

Argentus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Tue May 25, 2010 7:30 pm

I think turning it into a tourist attraction would be a pretty lucrative idea.

I was scared to death when I read The Amityville Horror!

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dgrintalis on Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

I'd buy it and live in it. And at night, I'd turn all the lights off, too. Very Happy

dgrintalis

http://dwgrintalis.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 pm

I don't think I'd live there mainly because you'd have people stopping by to check it out all of the time. I'd get annoyed and sit on my front porch with a rifle.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent on Tue May 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Mercedes wrote:I don't think I'd live there mainly because you'd have people stopping by to check it out all of the time. I'd get annoyed and sit on my front porch with a rifle.
Yeah. After that one media-seeking family had sold, subsequent occupants never had a problem with the place- 'cept for all the tourists.

Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Tue May 25, 2010 9:52 pm

When I was in junior high...I went to New York with our pastor to visit her grandson, whom I was friends with....when he'd come down for the summer....

...Anyway, She knew of my love of horror and all that so she drove me out to see the "real" Amityville house....and I was totally crushed because it looks little like the movie house...and it's in the middle of a street...not all creepily isolated like the movie version. I was a little bummed.

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Tue May 25, 2010 10:11 pm

I'd hang feather boas over every window and rename it The Glam-ityville Horror house.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by dgrintalis on Tue May 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Mercedes wrote:I'd hang feather boas over every window and rename it The Glam-ityville Horror house.

lol

dgrintalis

http://dwgrintalis.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerr on Tue May 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Or take up an occultection from horror writers who would then own a percentage of and whatever royalties followed when the house is rented out to writing groups for creativity purposes. Muhahaha! Damn, it would absolutely work. And if the ghosts didn't come across, there are plenty of other ways to entice the muse.

Kerr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Kerr wrote:Or take up an occultection from horror writers who would then own a percentage of and whatever royalties followed when the house is rented out to writing groups for creativity purposes. Muhahaha! Damn, it would absolutely work. And if the ghosts didn't come across, there are plenty of other ways to entice the muse.

I'm down with that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 am

It actually looks like a beautiful property Very Happy I wouldn't mind living there.

Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Mercedes wrote:I'd hang feather boas over every window and rename it The Glam-ityville Horror house.

I do cocaine!!

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by davisac1 on Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm with Kerr, I'd rent it out for writing conferences. See if we can get some of that Villa Diodati vibe going.

davisac1

http://amandacdavis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerr on Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Sometimes stopping to soak up the vibes is all what we need.

Kerr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 pm

For Shock Totem ONLY!

Preview....HORROTICA

and Promo for the TV show...

Amityville The Final Test premiers Halloween day, Oct. 31 at 8:00pm in the A&E channel.

Interview with Jackie Barrett

Read my exclusive interview with Jackie Barrett and find out her connection to Ronald DeFeo Jr. and The Amityville Horror

Write up based on Interview with Jackie Barrett written and conducted by Theresa C. Newbill

It is said that we as human beings only use ten percent to twenty percent of our brain capacity, which leads me to ask the question, “Is it possible to either inadvertently or knowingly activate the rest of our brain known as the subconscious mind?” The psychologist in me asks this question with a quest for logic, for something concrete and explainable, yet, the spiritual me knows there are some things that are far beyond our capacity for understanding, for explanation. Maybe it’s because we are afraid of the answers and the process that involves the ultimate confrontation, or maybe it’s because innately we know that the answers we seek will never be revealed to us in this world.

Jackie Barrett has been a good friend of mine for years now and I know firsthand that she has certain skills of extra sensory perception most of us don’t have. We often refer to this ‘gift’ as the sixth sense, where information is received into the brain beyond the ordinary five senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch. It provides her with the ability to experience reception from the past, present and future in a kind of alternate reality. Perhaps this is why she is recognized as a world renowned psychic medium often used by law enforcement officials to help crack their toughest cases. And perhaps it is also why certain forces fear, yet challenge her individual will and power.

The south shore of Long Island holds some very dark secrets many would prefer not be revealed, but Jackie Barrett is a tough New Yorker and not scared away by much in her quest for the truth, especially when she is commissioned to find it. It was on one of these quests that her strong will and individual power, faith and love would be challenged in a way that would put not only her soul but those of her loved ones into jeopardy.

During the filming of her show Medium PI on the BIO Channel where she is featured with Sean Crowley, Captain of Cold Case Homicide NYPD, an ordinary investigation into the mysterious death of seventeen year old Kieran McCaffrey takes a supernatural turn in the black, murky, cold waters off Long Island.

Jackie and Sean had just geared up into their wet suits and were ready to do a dive and evidence search attempt when a series of ‘incidents’ occurred that shook everyone involved to their very core. The night took on a luminous kind of effect as the fog rolled in with a freezing wind that went right to their bones. Heavy rain poured from the sky and with it came an inexplicable sickness that affected everyone on the scene. First, the cameraman started to feel ill, very ill. They would later discover he had swine flu. Jackie and Captain Sean also began to feel ill, an illness that came on swiftly, and affected everyone around them, including the producers of the show who were there; with great simultaneous speed. They would later discover that Jackie had pneumonia and Sean, bronchitis. The average mind could explain the sudden sickness felt by all as coincidence due to the extreme weather conditions they were all working under, only something else happened that would take a hold of Jackie’s very essence and not let go for the duration of the journey.

While in the water, Jackie veered off into a different direction from Capt. Sean. They have their own methods of investigation and each has grown comfortable and respectful of the differences in their strategies. Jackie was now in a place, alone, where the energy of the water would pull her into a surreal atmosphere heightening her awareness. It was then that she heard it, the sounds of gun shots, very clear, very loud, reverberating though time and space which seemed to stop in motion. In her mind she thought, it must be someone who is trying to put a halt in the investigation. Some of the locals were upset about it and wanted to keep the murder quiet. But there was something that accompanied the gunshots, a presence, that would disprove her initial theory. Still, in a heightened state of awareness, she turned to Sean, her partner, and asked, “Did you hear that?” Sean moved in closer to Jackie and responded, “Hear what?” She answered, “The gunshots.”

The producers were watching all this take place, the sudden change in the crew and other individuals around them, the change in Jackie; and they were frozen, quietly staring in awe as Jackie asked yet again, “Did anyone hear the gunshots?”

Then there was a change in the natural essences around them, a change in nature where time and space didn’t seem to exist. Jackie, in a trance like state said, “He’s coming.” “Ronnie DeFeo is coming!”

Everyone was getting sicker, physically ill. After Jackie’s declaration, they decided to head back to the yacht and leave the investigation for another day. They wrapped up filming, and were ready to go when the boat, Quest, refused to start. The captain of the boat said, “This has never happened before, it was my grandfather’s baby and this has never happened before.” Meanwhile, everyone was pretty physically ill, some were throwing up and now they were stuck, dead in the water.

Jackie was still in a trance like state when she walked to the steering. The captain of the boat got up and let her sit, and in a low voice she asked, “Where is the Amityville House?” The boat started to run without any problems whatsoever.

Summoning and conjuring were nothing new to Jackie, as she had experienced it all, but this time things were very different. Whatever summoned her that night out in the water, followed her home and to this day is still there.

Jackie’s house is blessed with spiritual altars, pets that she loves, workers she is fond of, and a husband and daughter who mean everything to her. It has always been her place of refuge, of security, warmth, charity and love, all the things she gives out and gets back in return. But just as the natural state of things changed the night of the Kieran McCaffrey cold case investigation, the natural order of her home would also change, for the worst.

Scratching noises inside the walls, sinks that backed up, electrical appliances on the brink, heavy walking at all hours of the day and night, children laughing, voices murmuring and echoing, lights flickering, the solemn hum of piano music, black shadows, the swinging open of closet doors, were just a few of the occurrences that Jackie, her family, her workers and even her animals experienced; her beloved house workers quitting in fear as strange substances covered the walls, unable to be cleaned away by any ordinary means. And two of her most treasured cats, which often followed noises, shadows, staring out intently into space, died within months of one another. This prompted Jackie to write Ronnie Defeo a letter where she specifically and simply asked, “What do you want?”

His reply was a simple one as well, “I’ve been looking for you.”

Problems sleeping plagued the family including her animals. There were many times when they would just wake up and stand in their bedrooms. They knew they were doing this, but it was almost as if they were on the outside looking in, at a mirror image of themselves that they had no control over. At one point her husband Will jumped out of bed and looked over at Jackie with a ‘who are you?’ kind of glare. He attacked her and they fought. Her daughter, Joanne, came in and saw them both standing on top of the bed, Jackie fighting for her life. But her entrance for whatever reason brought Will back to his senses and he made a confession to Jackie that would bring things into the light and with a bit more clarity.

He confessed that the night of the McCaffrey case, he was sick with fever, and felt like he was spiritually stuck. He couldn’t sleep and had this heavy feeling on his chest that made even the least movement, difficult. He decided to go downstairs. Jackie’s home had an alarm that showed the parameters of every nook and corner of the house especially when someone had sought to seek entrance. All was quiet, so Will decided to go back upstairs to see if he could rest. As he was heading up the stairs he was overcome with an uneasy feeling, but he continued anyway to one of the upstairs rooms. There, on the opposite side of the fireplace he saw the figure of a man that stood about eight feet tall. He had stringy wet hair and a black coat. The fireplace ignited by itself; even though it was an electric fireplace and you had to manually flip a switch for it to turn on. The logical side of Will felt someone had broken into the home, but just as quickly as that thought entered his mind, the black figure disappeared, just vanished into thin air right before his eyes.

Before they left, Jackie’s home workers had confessed that they often heard Jackie’s voice coming through on the intercom calling out to them by name, even when Jackie was not in the house. Beds that were made were often unmade without rational explanation. And one of the atheist home workers became inexplicably trapped in the garage and her experience with the feeling of negative energy that day, made her a believer that powerful forces outside of ourselves and what we can explain away, exist.

As Jackie was coming to terms with what had just plagued her, her family and her loved ones; she often called Ronald Defeo Jr. on the phone to touch base with him, to see what he wanted from her, for she felt he or whatever was plaguing him, was now spiritually attacking her and everyone close to her.

During one of these phone conversations, Jackie was heading downstairs and suddenly felt like she had been shoved from behind. She tumbled down the stairs and chipped her teeth. Defeo was still on the phone with her and once she gained composure she said to him, “I was just shoved down the steps and have chipped my teeth!”

He methodically replied, “Was it three teeth, Jackie?” “You have to be careful because it moves like the wind.”

Everything became clear to her then as the pieces of the puzzle started to fall into place. It, whatever It was, wanted Its story told. It wanted to be known. It didn’t want anyone to forget that whatever It is, It is very real and capable of a lot of really frightening things.

Jackie knew what she had to do. She had to not only tell It’s story but she had to try to save her soul, the soul of her family, and Defeo’s soul in a war that still rages on inside the hearts and psyche of all concerned.

She felt a real fear for the first time in her life, a primal evil that made her want to give up many times. But she knew if she did, it would be worse. She voiced her fear to her daughter, Joanne, to DeFeo Jr. himself in which he replied, “Don’t let it hear you.” “It moves and plays games with your mind. Fear is how it gains entrance.”

An overwhelming feeling of tiredness, a heavy feeling, plagued Jackie and her family. That night she washed her faced and glanced at her reflection in the mirror. She didn’t see herself anymore. Slowly, she was becoming someone else. Alarmed, she told Defeo Jr. this in one of their phone conversations. She said, “I don’t see myself anymore.” He responded, “I haven’t seen my reflection in ages.”

Jackie had already made the decision to tell his story, to write the book/memoirs and to help make the TV show. She knew she had to confront Defeo Jr. now face to face. She had to go see him in prison. She played the scenario in her head over a million times, about how she would handle the situation so that she stayed spiritually safe, yet helped him spiritually to stay strong and overcome. When she was confident enough she headed for the prison to see Ronnie.

Once face to face with him she grabbed his hands and said, “I want to free you for awhile.” They exchanged energy in a method of soul transference. He got to be her for a small smidgeon of time and she got to be him. He felt her peace, her light, her love, for the first time, and she felt his anger, his rage, and his hate.

Production was there and they were filming. Jackie leaves to wait in the car and gather her thoughts and feelings. Defeo Jr. said, “This is the first time I could say I didn’t hate. I have no hate in me.” And then he spoke to Jackie and said, “Don’t give up. You can get out of this.”

When she came back in she knew whatever It was, was looking for a host. And in that moment of soul transference where Jackie became Defeo Jr., she saw the house, the crime scene, and experienced details that others overlooked, details that will later be revealed within the book and the show. In order to efficiently tell Its story, Ronnie’s story, Jackie had to become him. And the process was not an easy one. She not only felt him and saw him within herself, but she also saw herself as his mother, in her nightgown. She saw his family within her own eyes, within her own soul. Her home had taken on a liquefied type of effect where she would see a fragment of herself standing in her kitchen only it wasn’t her kitchen, it was Ronnie’s and she wasn’t herself, she was someone else. She and her loved ones were living in Ronnie’s world, in the Amityville home.

Jackie was thinking that at this point, maybe the procedure she used of transference wasn’t a good method of dealing with the entity inside Ronnie. Still feeling quite ill and tired, like her energy had been completely drained, she tried to fall asleep and felt a sudden pull, a tug, that had her body going right through the memory foam mattress of her bed. She was being swallowed up and at the point where she was almost ready to pass out, she saw Ronnie reach out his hand to her. He said, “I want to take you somewhere.”

At that moment she was in his basement in the Amityville home. She saw a hooded figure that appeared to be a monk, she saw everything that happened the night of the murders. She was living his life in various stages of it. She smelled like him, looked like him, felt like him; WAS him.

The next day she saw him and he said to her, “So, you didn’t get it.” “You didn’t get that I was able to leave my cell and take you to my house.”

Astral traveling…

He told Jackie that It seeks a host, is fast like the wind, and that she should take care of her thoughts because It’s trying to take over.

He thanked her for answering his call. He said he knew she was the only one who could help because of who her family is/was.

Jackie is Anton LaVey's niece, and her family is one of psychic mediums that are skilled in the Left and Right Hand Paths. Defeo Jr. also thanked her for not buying into the Native American theory that the land was haunted because it had been a burial ground.

While away in Louisiana, conferring with the art committee who made the documentary, Justice for the West Memphis Three, the same people who made the movie, The Cove, Jackie got an alarming call from her daughter Joanne late one night.

Someone was ringing the doorbell of their home and it was very late. Joanne was home alone and scared.

Jackie said to her, “Do not open that door and hit the panic button.”

Joanne described the man at the door as Italian looking, in his 50s or 60s, with money in his hand.

Jackie called up her neighbor and asked, “Do you see a car there, the man, anything?”

The neighbor responded, “No.”

The next day, while speaking to Ronnie once again, she voiced what happened to Joanne. Ronnie explained that before everything with him, the house, the murders, started, a man named Lou showed up at his door seeking entrance.

“What did he look like?” Jackie asked Ronnie.

Ronnie responded by giving her an exact description of the man that came to her family home that night when Joanne called.

Jackie then decided to get a team together and do the Catholic rite of Exorcism on Defeo Jr.

She didn’t describe it much except to say that he changed his voiced about six times and during one of the exchanges she heard her deceased cat meow through him.

At the end of the Exorcism Ronnie said, “I’m sorry for what I’ve done.”

Ronnie Defeo Jr. is terminally ill and Jackie holds power of attorney over his affairs.

Although the ‘activity’ that once plagued her and her family has quieted a bit, it is not completely gone.

Who the man at the door that night was, no one knows, but it is believed that Ron Defeo, Ronnie’s father, was heavy into devil worship and rituals that may have opened up a portal to the other side.

Ronnie Jr. himself was friends with David Berkowitz before he became, The Son of Sam. And at one point they were even in prison together.

It is also believed that Ronnie’s father was possessed and the entities or demons moved throughout the house seeking a weak and suitable host. It, found it’s home in Ronnie Jr.

Ronnie’s own father went to St. Joseph Arbitrary where he made friends with priests who performed exorcisms in that house. But Ronnie Jr. would have no part of it.

When Ronnie’s father died the family buried him, ‘The Sicilian Way;’ with garlic stuffed into the pockets of his suit, crosses, holy medals and maybe even some money.

There’s a line from Jackie’s book, The House That Kay Built, which reads, “No one knows how much time they have, but rest assured what we do determines where we go.”

It reminds me of the Native American story told to a grandchild by his grandfather about two wolves. One of the wolves is good, compassionate, full of love, and the other is hateful, spiteful, full of rage, and negative energy. They are at constant war with one another.

When the boy asks, "Which wolf ultimately wins?" The grandfather replies, "The one you choose to feed."

Maybe whatever It is wants us to know that it’s very real and we all have a choice, a decision to make that will affect our lives and those around us, here on earth and in the afterworld.

And maybe all this can be explained by further study into the dark recesses of our minds that we know so little about and only use a small portion of. Maybe.

However you want to explain it, one thing is evident, evil by whatever varying form you want to describe it, and name it, only needs an invitation in.

Walk in light and love my friends.

Peace!

Theresa Newbill

Amityville The Final Test premiers Halloween day, Oct. 31 at 8:00pm in the A&E channel.

See the pictures and the rest of the magazine...

http://horrotica.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:07 pm

AMITYVILLE- THE FINALE TESTAMENT
Over thirty-five years ago, Ronald Defeo Jr. was sent to prison for a heinous crime killing his entire family. Now known as Amityville murders. But years later, questions still circle this notorious case. Now terminally ill Defeo sits for a finale definitive interview to set the record straight . Enter renowned psychic Jackie Barrett ( who was chosen by Defeo to have power of attorney over his life rights), to hear the final, true story that Ron is ready to reveal.... now that he feels his days are numbered. Through Jackie Barrett's paranormal investigation and the words of Ronnie Defeo himself, this special will give a never-before seen perspective of this infamous story.

Read the entire interview in Horrotica and see the show Halloween Night Oct 31 at 8pm in the A&E channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie In The Box on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:18 am

Oh man, i missed all this. I live like 20 minutes from this house, and my friends and I used to always go there. We climbed over the fence, took a piss by the entrance, drank beers, knocked on the door and ran back to our cars. Nothing, no ghosts or demons coming after us.

Not that I don't believe. I think the spirits moved on after they took care of the Lutz's.

Charlie In The Box

Back to top Go down

Post by Theresa on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:41 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Know-Haunting-Journey-Amityville/dp/0425250423

Pre-order the book now:)

Theresa
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Bordo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Kegger.

Bordo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 am

I like the way you think, Bordo. Twisted Evil

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bordo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:I like the way you think, Bordo. Twisted Evil

Morning after we could have Bloody Marys. Except lick them off of the walls. You know...AMINITYVILLE STYLE.

Bordo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top