Just saw the new NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just saw the new NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

Post by Brian Sammons on Sun May 02, 2010 1:08 pm

And surprisingly it wasnít that bad. Now yes, itís not as good as the original, but what remake or sequel is? Ok there are a few (The Thing, The Fly, Godfather 2, Empire Strikes Back, etc) but I will say this with 100% conviction, this movie is as good, or in a few cases better, than the majority of NoES sequels that came out back in the day. At least they tried to make Freddy frightening again, thatís something. Jackie Earle Haley did a pretty good job as the boogieman, but for better or worse, and for some of those sequels it was pretty damn worse, Robert Englund will always be my Freddy.

So it wasnít as horrible as I thought it was going to be, and itís not as terrible as you might hear others say it is, but I would still rather have Hollywood pull its head out of its ass and start making new movies again. But hey, wishes and ponies and all that.

Brian Sammons

http://www.freewebs.com/brian_sammons/

Back to top Go down

Re: Just saw the new NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

Post by Brian Sammons on Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 am

As an addendum; all serious Fredheads need to watch NEVER SLEEP AGAIN the new, and long ass, documentary on all the NoES flicks, from the original up to Freddy vs. Jason. And when I say long, I mean 4 hours long for the doc and well over 3 hours of extras. Is that enough Freddy for you?

Brian Sammons

http://www.freewebs.com/brian_sammons/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 am

It's never enough Freddy.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent on Fri May 14, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm having a hard time mustering up any enthusiasm for this one.

Oh well, at least it can't plumb the depths of suck that Freddie vs. Jason did. I can understand the desire to clean the slate of that abomination and start over, much in the same way I hope Ridley Scott's Alien prequels will help me forget Alien vs. Predator.

Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by EffieCollins on Sat May 15, 2010 10:03 am

Hey, Alien vs. Predator was the only Alien film I liked. It was like a visual orgasm. Beyond that, meh, but the visuals were great, I thought.

Freddy vs. Jason, though... no. I can't do Friday the 13th at all. My cousin. Machete (real, mind you). Hockey mask. Me in the woods (at like age 9 or 10). Scared shitless. It was not funny, dammit! (My cousin could do that damn little breathy thing very, very well.)

Freddy though... I heart on Robert Englund in that part. He is Freddy like Tim Curry is Pennywise. There is no other. Wink I'm not saying this guy is bad at all. But you just can't beat Englund in that part.

EffieCollins

http://efcollins.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sat May 15, 2010 11:19 am

EffieCollins wrote:Freddy though... I heart on Robert Englund in that part. He is Freddy like Tim Curry is Pennywise. There is no other. Wink I'm not saying this guy is bad at all. But you just can't beat Englund in that part.

I approve this message!

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by markgunnells on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Brian Sammons wrote:As an addendum; all serious Fredheads need to watch NEVER SLEEP AGAIN the new, and long ass, documentary on all the NoES flicks, from the original up to Freddy vs. Jason. And when I say long, I mean 4 hours long for the doc and well over 3 hours of extras. Is that enough Freddy for you?

That documentary was amazing. Put that pathetic one they did for the Friday series to shame.

I found the remake very bland, especially the characters. Had no real personality. The CGI-enhanced Freddy face and voice I thought didn't work. I also wish they'd had the balls to go through with a possible twist they teased.

markgunnells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top