As I Lay Dying - concert report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As I Lay Dying - concert report

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 am

Just got back from Albuquerque yesterday. Killer show! AILD played with Demon Hunter, Bless The Fall and War of Ages.

WOA was the sleeper hit. Great stage presence and a great band. I got their cd for my son.

BTF was a little bit on the emo side for me, but they had some great riffing and the singer wore a Minor Threat shirt and did a flip/stage dive from a stack that was 15 feet high, so no complaints there.

Demon Hunter was good, but not as energetic as I thought they would be, but AILD was awesome! Great stage presence/crowd interaction, great playing and a very respectable drum solo. Gives me some hope for these young kids.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Re: As I Lay Dying - concert report

Post by Brian Sammons on Sun May 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Very cool. I know/listen to/own CDs of AILD and Demon Hunter. Never heard of the other two, but Ill have to check them out. Well at least WoA, Im not a big fan of the Emo sound so I might skip BtF.

Brian Sammons

http://www.freewebs.com/brian_sammons/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Thu May 06, 2010 4:45 pm

I recommend War of Ages. They do have one song on the album that has a POD feel, which I'm not fond of, but the rest is solid. If you like DH and AILD, you should dig em.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by JNewman on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 pm

I dig As I Lay Dying a lot. I usually don't go that heavy -- well, it's not even that I don't really go that heavy, I usually just don't care for the growly vocals -- but I love the clean vocals that contrast the growly stuff. These guys are heavy as hell, but they have *melody*. I dig 'em.

Favorite songs: "96 Hours", "Through Struggle", and "The Sound of Truth"

J.N.

JNewman

http://www.james-newman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top