the last person to post here wins

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Thu May 27, 2010 11:27 am

"...unintentional, but what is the point in compromising when one is anonymous, and where the internet is so vast..." mentioned the goblin who would never ever return to that model poster he had been once, saying "...put it this way then, I could change my username/avatar and post here, but you would still know it is me for the trates of my persona, likewise if I caved in and posted in that conformist writing style required of one, I would then need a username/avatar because I would be no more recognisable than some face in the crowd, I mean no wonder it narks poeple when I don't buy into their tidious conformity, but tell me why I should be so invisible here then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu May 27, 2010 11:58 am

the goblin was a oddball, first off, it wasn't that he disliked blogs, just that he felt that the times had changed and that most readers these days were more into forum threads, saying "...simply, if one is looking for readership, then putting ones posts into some sort of communal thread, ups your readership by a factor of however many other contributors are posting to that same thread then...", in fact, most people want to feel equal now, where blogs just remain that one central character with all the others commenting perhaps, the goblin just concluded "...so for me, it's as if the days of those victorian journals had returned again, one where dickens, or doyle, wrote episodes to something more communal than that solitary book publishing of their days, which would equate to blogs of ours perhaps..." adding "...do you want proof, well look no further than this thread then, do you think it would have got the hitcount it receives if all this had been some tucked away blog entry somewhere, see what I mean, be honest if this had been a blog you wouldn't have read it..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm

"...perhaps my goal, regardless of the eventuality here, goes "invisible in dailylife, anonymous on the internet"..." joked the goblin at it, continuing "...no, for where there's no "sake" to it, then surely what one does within that context, regardless of the result here, is at least honest, but I also imagine that this goal is in fact both tangible and obtainable with effort here...", where both the goblin's writing and illustrating had been improved by it he felt, even if it all had no reason to it, for he was, and would ever remain, producing within this context of anonymity here, concluding "...perhaps I just want to improve my anonymity then, becoming a more realistic nonentity maybe, a known unknown even..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat May 29, 2010 5:18 am

"...then I shall let you live mortals, and together we will conquer forumland in posts a plenty..." replied the goblin now, adding "...besides, it's not in my interest to fight people here, as that would just turn me into a troll where my posts would then go unnoticed, no, surely if one is serious about this internet, then the goal has to be "to live ones persona through ones posts", so pick a persona mortals, become known on the internet by it, and if that persona merits it, it will outlive its author here, now do you see my goal then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 pm

What do you do while you write?

"...well mostly I think while I write..." went the goblin now, neither meaning that as some sort of joke, nor saying it out of sarcasm here, where no it was just plain fact to him, as in slowing oneself down and switching off dailylife's distractions once more, where then just musing over the context of something that someone had posted previously as in "feeding" perhaps, or else in simply chewing over something that the muse had uttered during his busy day, that in either case, now needed careful ironing out in long thoughtful moments here, so the goblin just concluded "...no, it's not the writing bit which I enjoy now, so much as the choosing of those words and lines which most parallel my thoughts, simply writing forces me to choose amongst them each time, and commits me to show a result within this slot here, whereas mere thinking doesn't hold this same commitment at all, perhaps it's the difference between "fruitful" and "fruitless" thinking then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 am

repost from elsewhere

"...same boat for us all in fact, only that in some of us it is seems more evident, that's all..." mentioned the goblin again, but the truth remained that no one had any more life than anyone else, adding "...so be selfish now, don't ever post without reason, nor merely for others here, nor for the forum's sake either, no, posts are as steps on a "journey to self" then, where there is no choice, nor regret about it, only forward now, simply however long, there was never enough time to begin with...", in fact, the goblin often wrote on the lupusbot site too, because they just seemed more real to him, so the goblin repeated that line he loved so much "the angel is not there to be nice, she is there to show you to yourself though her reflection"

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:54 am

repost from elsewhere, goblin burning his fingers trying to help again

why, have you seen why stuff elsewhere then, and can't you write normally please

"...actually no mortal, unlike you, I can't write normally because I'm up against facebook here, so don't look at my posts for some paragon of normal writing either, moreover I'm a dislexsick.." replied the goblin who just understood that "books" and "posts" were two different mediums here, and that until one was clear, in ones own mind, about which was which, and which one one was actually writing for, one was falling between two stools here, where in fact the goblin was now sweating with guilt for having hijacked this thread then, adding "...no, I won't comment on this thread again, but I wouldn't have posted at all, if I hadn't noticed your talent here, even if the paragraphs need thinking over...", and no, the goblin hadn't seen this work anywhere else, the opposite in fact, he was actually suggesting its reposting across forums now, since reposting is the only way to get a true appraisal of its readworthyness, saying "...the hitcount cuts through words here, as it's your readership actually..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:54 am

repost from elsewhere

“...listen, why not just stop trying goblin, just let go now, as there's really no one to please here, nor anything to prove either...” came the reasoning voice from the back of the goblin's mind again, continuing “...your trouble goblin, is that you keep thinking that you're the real person on this forum, where simply you're just a anonymous persona, so you compromise each time thinking that it actually makes a blind bit of difference, where deep down you know too, don't you goblin, that in the end, your very last post will only leave off exactly where your first post began, in anonymity here, so a fool tries hard to compete and just fails for his caring, burning with envy at those other competing fools then, not seeing that he is actually alone facing a vast sea of forumland in its many guises ..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am

"...thanks everyone..." replied the goblin whose mind felt like it wobbled inside its skull with each dull thought, "...I will never drink again till next time..." he promised thinking that at least it was a more honest appraisal of his long term ability to forget today's sorely felt lesson but for the time being that lesson held him in check

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:20 pm

and with the goblin just felt that what was probably coming, was indeed coming, and yet he seemed to ask himself what contingency plans was in place here should those volcanoes just follow their repetative nature of "first the one, then the other" here, so the goblin just said "...admittedly the katla volcano, which is thought to be ten times more powerful than this now erupting eyjafjallajökull volcano, might not cause as big a volcanic discharge into the air as the laki volcano did in 1783, but clearly the devastation, not just to iceland itself, but to most of northern europe is something, a little bit more newsworthy then, than perhaps the media coverage being offered at this point, perhaps their contingency plan is "don't mention it, and it might blow over"..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki_volcano

[footnote: video is six parts on youtube, just cut/paste below line changing last number for the other five then
Iceland's 1783 Killer Cloud BBC Timewatch (The forgotten Disaster) 2007 -1]

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:52 am

repost from elsewhere

"...total agreement..." remarked the goblin, amazed at seeing once more how the angel welded her pen like a practiced sword, wishing to offer her something in return, he thought for a second and just said "...yes, certainly "writing" has therapeutic value too, along with its opportunity to iron out ones thoughts now, that is, where thinking alone never seems to force one to conclude anything, so perhaps writing works as this focus then, where thoughts and feelings are just quantified and exacted by it ...", and yet, the goblin was more intent on creating an internetself, rather than caring about his creations, saying "...simply those creations are just benchmarks in this long process then, for if I were to lose all my works to date, of course I would be sad at their fate I know, but not nearly as sad as if I were to lose my ability to create them in the first place, for that would be the end of me, however good or bad those works had actually been..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:20 pm

[footnote: hint, shakespeare's lands on the women's interest site]

Ode to the mommies
Shall I compare you an Egyptian day
You are more lovely and more temperate
Sand storms might cut the buds of May
And life’s lease has all too short a date

Yet in sunset pink your posts are mummified
How sweet your stomping graceful motion
That flung reason and restraint to one side
To traverse the sands of this thread’s ocean

-fleamailman-

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:04 am

"...how I love creating posts, for what one puts into ones posting is what one gets out of it too..." mentioned the goblin now, in fact, he had been fighting "writers" to that usual bitter end somewhere, and now needed this thread to cool off a bit and to exact his opinion once more, saying "...no, the reason why I am not a writer is because it creates an "us and them" between mr jo average and someone published who perhaps thinks that a post is something other than its content within it, where my going "the emperor has no clothes now, nor posts to boot" doesn't exactly endear me, but what of it...", though that perhaps was the writer's fault for thinking that they can put into their books what they don't put into their posts while dismissing mr jo average as too stupid to notice the discrepancy, "...just who do they think the are kidding..." went the disgruntled chorus in the background, so the goblin simply concluded "...one posts are as much oneself as ones books are, where readers simply see the author through their posts too..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:13 am

repost from else, on the vietnam war years

"...ah no, I couldn't return to the past and live back then, for I would only miss this internet after a while, and much was bad too, even if I was really too young to fully comprehend the disparity between the rhetoric in the air and the reality on the ground, but the greatest gift of that vietnam war to the american people is its clear lesson showing one where things are going now, where the battles are won on the ground only fervor yet more resentment towards the victors, so today too the same disparity is clear save that this time, in view of america's economic climate that is, the need for a withdrawal is even more urgent..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:29 am

the goblin too, just took the opportunity to add a link that some might find interesting here, saying "...I was going to write something about this disaster myself, if only because I hadn't found anything that spelled it out in detail until this link then, where I feel it only needs me to add the fact that the gulf stream will bring the leak to europe within two months,and that the hurricane season will no doubt exasperate the situation further, where BP greatest fear is not the US government but its shareholders falling prey to a hostile take over from either exon or shell here..."

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article19902.html

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am

"...welcome infidels..." went the voice of the interpreter now, continuing "...we're very sorry that the goblin is indisposed at this point, though instead we are happy to announce that we have found someone, who we feel to be equally knowledgeable, to aid you with those difficult and complex questions, that you might have, concerning the general state of america's ecopolitical situation at this point, so without further ado, please welcome..., ..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:46 am

the goblin too, felt that he should welcome new members here saying "...welcome then, I am sure you will appreciate the finer qualities of this unique thread here, together with the way this thread is purposefully designed to inspires writers, such as yourself of course, to reach deep within their dormant creative selves, helping them to tap into those hidden yet practical qualities of "hamming", "spamming" and "trolling"...", the goblin stopped for a moment trying to find the right words to express his logic here, saying "...yes, simply a writer in this day and age has to know those black arts too, where he is after all a writer in every post he does now, and where those hecklers are a constant companion on threads across forumland...", so perhaps the goblin was hiding truth behind a little joke again, where goblins were not to be trusted now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:06 am

repost from elsewhere

and with that goblin felt he was amongst friends now, saying "...I will go slowly on your forum humans, it's just that always try to make my posts somewhat inconspicuous, drab, and above all without the slightest intention of seeming to come across as utterly attention seeking in some way...", and with the lie detector just exploded, whereupon the goblin just adding "...well yes, it just that to date, I'm not very good at it it seems..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin liked the rain in summer, those showers that burst out and fell with all its pent up frustration and vengeance to whip cracks of thunder and sudden shocks of lightning, where each droplet just bounced off the surface in a drum-call of excitement, saying "...ah yes, I always myself admiring this rain then, a rain that one would least like to be under too, like a dark girlfriend perhaps, one who's entirely wrong for ones quaint little world but still so unforgettably alluring in wildness that one feels ever drawn to her...", and how the topic brought back a ghost of a girlfriend past now, where sometimes the goblin just hated his own heart then, saying "...perhaps I should have followed my heart over the cliff with her, and fallen from grace together..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:00 pm

"...life ends when one stops caring..." went the goblin borrowing M L Kings's words, "...if that's the case, my life should have ended before it even started..." came the reply from within now, so the goblin just replied "...oh that where we differ then, for there are many things I care about, just that these cares are on my terms, nor theirs, where certainly what they might call important doesn't mean that much to me..." mentioned the goblin who always tried to avoid the too extremes of either "opinionated" or "unopinionated", saying "...simply I'm forming an ongoing opinion then, resulting in my caring perhaps..."

The Urgency of Now]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4h3gGYZSk&feature=related#]The Urgency of Now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:02 pm

the goblin's life seemed more "short and sweet" than "plain and simple", where those ever more evident and ominous shadows were falling over it now, saying "...what's is the point in knowing about that which one can do nothing about anyway...", it was as if the clown had lost his smile here, so was it god's rage at man's blunders then, or something coming anyway, whichever, only that between "post glacial rebound" and the "financial collapse" things were ludicrously "business as usual" it seemed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B4uL179io&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjRWp6qJ7bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YddIuwHJtQs&feature=related

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:40 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...ah spirit, a death announced is a friend is it not, where accidents are the hardest of his jests, but he alone adds meaning to ones short life here, for without death it would all be some meaningless eternity..." said the goblin, adding "...funny, we're like so many fireflies against the night's sky, where it's as if those stars just smile down at our assumptive folly each time, but I'd rather be one of those little fireflies then, for the stars can't dance like we do tonight..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 pm

repost from elsewhere

wow, this thread is interesting... I surely have an opinion somewhere...LOL..., it's funny, lately I have been thinking how offline is now taking up too much of my available online time... what a twist from 2007, 2008, and 2009, now I feel I need some balance the other way, while I am no longer a forum junkie, I am not 100% happy with the little time I have for reading and posting

"...one idea then is if one can't be on-line often enough, is to prepare ones posts off-line for the next time one goes on-line again, thereby blurring the notion of being on-line/off-line here, where for example someones reply might feed me now, resulting in my "feeding the slot" like this, but if not, there is everything that floats up while either going through my passing day off-line, or conversely born of the depth of my staring at the computer screen like now still off-line though, but either way, being on-line or not changes little as the post itself is merely the culminative discharge of that which I have digested previously, so perhaps then, when people say my posts are a load of crap, indeed they might well be, but they have shriveled digestive tracts for saying so, for life is this feast is it not, something should come out of it then..." replied the goblin

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:47 pm

"...I think that over years, the persona has as much claim to be oneself as the person in the mirror has, yes the picture by van gogh is not van gogh the person, agreed, but it is still the part of him which is most van gogh to me, whereas his other features are just shared with everyone else, it's his pictures that make him unique here..." said the goblin perhaps feeling that van gogh's painting was his "journey to self" then, adding "...I wonder what he saw of himself by what he painted then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:16 am

"...there is room for both madness and sanity on this internet here...", mentioned the goblin now, adding "...ah, but only the madness will be remembered, the rest makes too much sense to even think about, where both tragedy and comedy are felt because they go against ones sense of what should be, resulting in either anguish or laughter..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top