the last person to post here wins

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 am

repost from elsewhere

"...well, just think of it as this short journey to self across forumland in your posts goblin..." mentioned the slot again kindly enough though, continuing "...for that's all this anonymous posting will ever be for you goblin where, what with nothing to prove nor defend nor with any starting point nor finish line neither, without direction too, and where whatever one posts, however often one posts it too, and however far one posts now, it's ever forumland beyond you still, where somewhere is as everywhere, which is as anywhere being nowhere then, simply that, what with you're being anonymous my dear goblin, you never really were on a medium that never really was, so welcome to your anonymity between us now..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 am

repost from "introductions" section, finished

"...ah, I like your writing style already human, much originality it seems, so welcome to our forum/venue now..." went the goblin looking forward to yet more to read perhaps, adding "...you see, at first, everybody wants to practice their writing here for that elsewhere, until slowly they see that it's actually here in fact that everyone else is turning up too to read the works directly, so the username just becomes the authorname now where each post one does becomes yet another work by you to those readers then, save that there aren't any those reader here, no, they're all these readers now as in us perhaps...", merely the goblin imagined that more and more readers are coming to this forum to follow their preferred author or build up a rapport with them now, adding "...so no, this isn't some bootcamp forum to practice correct writing niceties for elsewhere, far from it, it's the battlefield itself, so good luck with your posts now as your readers surround you here where you are very much these posts to them..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:54 am

repost from "trumping the writer stereotype" thread here, finished

I've worked with a lot of writers, and the one thing they all have in common is that they're nothing like that. 99.9% of writers are ordinary people. 0.1% make headlines.

the goblin agreed since he imagined that both psychopaths and schizophrenics shared that same normalness with the writertypes here, where to all intents and purposes, indeed they looked and acted quite normally, and yet, under certain circumstances their true nature would suddenly burst through resulting in dead bodies and inexplicable behavior in the former, and write-ups about dead bodies and inexplicable behavior in the latter, yes those thrillers and mystery novels then, in fact, the goblin often had difficulty trying to picture what was the norm amongst humans anyway, saying "...somehow the more normal it gets the more surreal it becomes..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am

repost from "introductions" section, finished

"...welcome..." started the goblin, adding "...why of course, this place not only allows for writing and critics, it actually encourages it too, but it also allows for any old gossip as well, simply each poster is entirely free to fill up their posts with the content of their choice in the way they see fit according to their own needs and towards their own goals too, with none of those normal fetters of how writing should be, of cloning perfectionism then, or having us all matching down the threads in some grammatical goose-step either, ah no, simply write what you want to now, they're your posts after all, and your very welcome amongst us...", in fact, the goblin often felt that most actors ended up doing infinitely better acts when they became the part they were acting rather than when they hesitated over it, they got better with the practice then, like painters too got better by painting, and where even writers too, once they were released out their formal straight jackets of writing rules into that padded cell of imagination instead, wrote infinitely better, yes they just had to share their works with each other it seems

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:16 am

repost from "the muse" thread, finished

the goblin liked xxxxx for his writings, suspecting that he already knew from the nature of his post what it was to have everything enhanced by the nature of this writing practice, but for others here the goblin felt is might be best to explain it again, saying "...a shared life is simply the thing one does doing one in return, for example one rides a bicycle during the day and in bed at night too one feels one's body still moving to the bicycle, or if one paints one see the image in bed while trying to sleep or in one's sleep even, so why should writers be any different for writers here, where they talk to their roles, or their memories, and they see visions, etc., and sure enough back come those conversations and visions at any moment though mostly before bedtime, moreover, the more one writes the more it all becomes one's norm and a shared life it becomes by it...", simply the goblin felt it best to warn anyone wishing to go down this writing path that it isn't simply someone just writing something everyday who remains the same by it, continuing "...ah no, the muse does not got back in her bottle, for if one starts playing with ouija board of writing, moreover, if one has talent for it too, then expect to be stuck with those ghost like apparitions for the rest of one's days, that's all..."

168 529 7210

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri May 11, 2012 10:32 am

repost from elsewhere, the "literary science" thread, finished

and then suddenly, at the very moment that everyone felt that this thread couldn't possibly get any worse, the goblin showed up and simply said "...well yes, I suppose I could waste my time trying to figure out what writing was all about, where no doubt a million conjectures of varying validity have already passed through minds far wiser than my own, all to avail too, so no, for me then, my posting here is ever this journey to self instead, where simply I wish to know who I am by what I post, leaving all those theories, philosophies, and sciences towards writing well alone, much like how I distance myself from those set outdated writing rules too, substituting all that set conformity for actual experimentation and a simple tally/benchmark of self here within the time that remains to me, for whose post is it anyway, never the reader's post now, nor some writer's club post either, so how about its being mine in my own way then, or must one always be like everyone else, and how sad for writing that would be if that were really so..."

168 530 7276

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Mon May 21, 2012 9:23 am

...and just when I start thinking I have read them all, I come here and see some more, though as always it's always what's in the shadow of your posts that is the most revealing Flea...a repost reply of sorts then...

Thats where it gets interesting. When you have to do something without anyone noticing. Hiding.

"...well that's a first..." Jats gulps his morning tea appreciatively "...a Leonard Cohen video in response to one of my posts, although I prefer his words stand alone rather than when put to music although Dylan got away with it, where of course I would say that seeing as my impression of him is much better then..." and Jats follows this train of thought prompted by xx's now, until distracted by a tight bodied blonde walking past his window, hair up, sucking a lollipop, striding confidently in funky serious walking boots Jats notices too, though hiding behind the obligatory mirrored shades of course as Jats smiles to himself, awake and alert now, his eyes following the little wiggle until it's out of sight "...yes summer is nearly upon us now, the usual time to come out from the shadows, and so how many long hard winters will it take, and how many hard rains must fall until the brothers band together again ignoring the usual distractions that their bodies insist be followed when the sun shines, though if it was me then, I'd be putting my boots on and marching this year even if I did have no interest in politics other than thinking 'something's not quite right here' for at the very least any apathetic thoughts I might have could be quelled by the thought that there always seems to be many a fine looking woman just behind the front lines looking for a like minded hero then..." muses Jats while getting ready for work here before the sun disappears and the rain returns and thinking this might have been better in xxxxxx's 'I can't meet women on online dating sites' thread perhaps

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue May 22, 2012 2:49 am

("...I had forgotten about this forum but here I am again..." replied the goblin liking Jats post once more, adding "...a difficult moment in my life now, my step sister whom I don't get along with is looking after my step father in his exit with cancer, where what with too much ill will in the past and things very too late to be otherwise, I sit waiting for the inevitable news of his death, my then expected presence, and to be informed officially of what I already know that I am not a benefactor, not that I mind so much that, more the fact that after I go back this one last time to see him off, I too will then leave the village for good, the past will be sealed off, and the chapter will close...")

repost from elsewhere, the "freak snowstorm" thread

A harbinger of things to come.

"...the katla volcano is about to go off, and that is going to turn things cold, in fact, what with more and more volcanoes booked to go off now, ourdearmedia is going to have an increasingly hard time trying to keep quiet about post glacial rebound theory for all that original sin global warming dogma instead..." mentioned the goblin thinking of letting the cat out of the bag here, saying "...land locked water escapes in to the sea, the sea-bed actually sinks under the weigh, yes it's sea-bed sink and not sea-level rise or else there would be a uniform sea-level rise much like when one runs a bath noting the water-level rise equally on all sides now, anyway, pressure pushes on the magma both under and in between the cracks of the earth's crust, more earthquakes, more volcanoes erupting, the volcanic ash falls back to earth as rain, record rain in fact, where rain cools things, etc., etc., in short, all your strange weather patterns you see today, just getting obvious and obviouser...", somehow the goblin knew that by the time they told everyone about it, it would probably be too late anyway, besides, ourdearmedia already has enough on its plate trying to stem the retraction of investments from the financial markets without making the problem worse by having people actually understanding the oddness of the weather around them

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:43 am

repost from elsewhere

"...let me guess then, you are thinking that you yourself, your created works, and your actual posts, are all three different things here..." smiled the goblin off on his usual tangent but understanding that the "introduction section" was the first place most new members would show up then, so he just continued his conjecture here by saying "...ah but no, in fact once your are on forumland, everything just becomes posts where one's persona is portrayed by those posts regardless of whether they be poems, proses, excerpts, short-stories, or whatever then, simply they're posts posted by you, reflecting you too, so that's all perhaps, ah perhaps that's everything too, so beware your posts humans, don't make that mistake of thinking here isn't publishing, readers are elsewhere, or just a post on a forum, ah no, there will soon be more readers on forumland than elsewhere, why, because you came to read didn't you, yet you want so much to reply too, but you can't reply to a book can you now, so this is my world humans and you're welcome to share it with me, where we are reader/authors between us perhaps, but definitely we are personas now, and what is a persona you've asking yourself..."

168 533 7408

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your stepfather, fleamailman. I wish you peace with that horrible situation.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:06 am

("...can't be helped and shouldn't be otherwise..." replied the goblin thanking Marcedes for her comment, but knowing too, that as one grows older these deaths around one grow more frequent, saying "...in part I my writing is due to my living a lie, where what I write is often that which has to be repressed between adults...")

repost from elsewhere, the "introductions" here, where someone whose post had held the goblin to her penmanship

"...welcome to one of the best forum/venues on forumland then..." went the goblin weighing his words slightly, knowing that something misunderstood was often worse than actual silence, whereupon the goblin carefully continued his conjecture, saying "...isn't the nature of writing changing, where the readers of books are increasingly seeking out their authors on forumland, something more as a challenge than threat, and where many an author might have to hem their posts away from that mindset of serious bookwriting against frivolous posting, simply the forum/venue becomes a back stage-door to the author here, where the gap, between the author himself, his works, and the readers around him, is gone with rapport between us...", whereupon the goblin, checked the number of lines to keep the post as concise to the eye as possible, and then finally said "...my bet is that a livewriter can journey across forumland in an amazing adventure, using each forum as his venue then, well I felt that you could be one of them, thus I welcomed you here, and yet perhaps too, a livewriter is just one poster amongst the many amongst the millions out there, I mean that the odds against one succeeding on forumland are so wondrous that they alone make this challenge somehow all the more worth it..."

168 535 7444

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 am

Oi! Goblin!

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 am

("...what's up..." replied the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin had mentioned his like for the gnostic gospels, finished

hi there.. what is it that you like about it. I don't know it...must look it up

"...ah now, that might get me in hot water for my heresy here..." replied the goblin, adding "...but it turns life into a journey to self within one rather than all that external go to church, pay your tithes, and blindly follow cause he says so...", as the goblin then remembered the line If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you, whereas if you do not have that within you, then what you do not have within you destroy you, whereupon the goblin just added "...so I always harp on about the difference between me and my dailylife in my posts but that's simply because I know that it is within me still, where the romans would have me build a church or something, and o how they must have hated the gnostics then, for what need have gnostics on a journey to self for that which they leave behind them..."

the gospel of thomas

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Just wondering where you were. =)

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm

("...I suppose we got discovered, we must be about ten livewriters now, with a thread started two years ago, is for 57892hits for 2953posts, but I mean well and will post from time to time here too..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...yet what I never understood about this forum was how it let the readers slip through its fingers, where online reading, moreover forum readership, is such a big thing now, simply a writer without those posts to match falls by the wayside, the reader looks over his posts today to pick what he or she will read next...")

repost from elsewhere, about writing

"...in general when one sees one's vision of the plot one also feel for the characters that go into it..." mentioned the goblin, as if turning the question upon himself too, noting the lateness of the hour now, then that clear moon through the cold french windows once more, and just the dragging of time upon his thoughts, simply he was pacing it without rushing, until finally coming up with a reply that might help, saying "...more than likely, that which you yourself find attractive in a character, your readers will also relate to, yet it's very difficult to write objectively about that which one normally does subjectively like this...", "...um, clear as mud, goblin..." went the chorus in the background breaking out into laughter as if to rub it in, adding "...just tell him that if actors don't become their parts, the audience won't follow and fall for it, and that with the writertypes the same thing holds, ultimately if they don't become each of their parts in turn the readers won't accept their story either, so the writer has to feel for each part now, much like some practised raving schizophrenic would, that is while writing it all down with the zeal that some traffic warden might give out parking tickets too, yes it's a combination of vision and portrayal goblin, just combine those two together and the reader will read even this far now, well as apparently they have nothing else better to do it seems..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Back to top