the last person to post here wins

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:35 am

repost from elsewhere

Every time the disgruntled exiles complain about their expulsion from our forum (the original one) it gets a surge in new membership. I want to take time to thank all of you for promoting the site

"...funny, looking back now, I don't feel myself to be in any way disgruntled at this point..." replied the goblin thinking that more probably that any surge in readership was two way then, something that underscored the growth of forumland membership as an actual readership, but let's not go into that again, adding "...anyway, sorry about the disgruntlement of others here, where I've been hoping by my "let's move on" post to curb them in a bit, but to be honest with you that you've took it upon yourself to show up here, where I can only talk about myself, just I really do feel at lot freer here without your moderation now, and, since I have been allowed to create on this forum, exactly that which you repeated denied, deleted or discouraged, the goblin's graffiti as you dubbed it, where nothing on your whole forum matches the hitcount/readership of these picture threads, and where too, if someone wanted to actually write in their posts like I wanted so much wanted to on your forum at one point, no doubt you'd just dish out to them exactly the same narrow mindedness you dealt out to me there, so no, neither of us has changed our spots I see, ah but let's also see how it goes now that you can't hinder me further, personally I feel that you blew it bigtime, but no, if anything I'm just so grateful to you today for your banning me there, where your remark of terming our forum as not the original is quite true, the original one dates back in my bbs days and is long gone, that is way before your forum came along, though instead we can agree on yours being the foremost unoriginal one, where I do wish both you and your forum well, as I do any other forums that banned me now, but ex girlfriends are just what then, where my readership is just what you see here..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...so greece now receives a bailout of 8billion dollars form the IMF, and yet it's deficit of 150% to GDP is about 1.5 trillion dollars here, meaning that that 8billion only pays the interest due on ongoing debt..." mentioned the goblin again noting that nothing has actually been solved by it, everything is merely shelved till later, so this then is our debt crisis in action, simply time and time again some deferment is given out to be an actual solution where in reality it is but a stop gap measure here, adding "...think of the titanic then, yes europe might look like the upper deck here, but in reality those debts are flooding in on all levels, an america that can't contain its military expansionism, all in the name of democracy no less, and a europe on the never never, just a ship of fools if ever there was one on an ocean of debt..."

165 501 5988

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am

repost from elsewhere, to a very talented admin/writer that was fed up with being rejected by the wizard of oz

"...really it's no big deal here, just you're writing for some cheap external thus cheapening yourself by it, therefore when those external doesn't match your expectations you seem to shatter like glass, but after that shattering you're still here just like that urge within you to write still pushes your pen ever back to its paper once more, simply you return to being that admin/writer/captain that we all respect you for..." remarked the goblin, adding "...however, if ever you get to the stage where you feel your works to be of more value than any of their base opinions of those who refuse to publish your works hold, then just give away part of your works over their heads, and in spite of them too, like I have done here, moreover you're an admin now, you have your very own means of publishing before your eyes, so chin up, surely you want this forum to really become the most viewed writer's forum on forumland for its or your direct content, without links away, with writers exhibiting their writing abilities enticing readers from far and wide towards their personas here, the real name of the game in my view, or would you still prefer this forum to be just another run of the mill writer's workshop that plays some second fiddle to that declining wizard of oz publishing world, a mere here for elsewhere each time, I mean don't those type writer's forums abound already and o how they cheat the passing reader here by their elsewhereness too, look, I'm really on your side if you would care to be on your own side too, your readers await you now, let the wizard of oz sulk..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:35 am

repost from elsewhere, the "introduction section" on a writer's forum

"...well, there you have it then slot..." went the goblin now, continuing "...ample proof that the first sign of madness most probably isn't so much talking to oneself, but addressing another facet of one's personality in a portrayed character here, and then from there inventing yet another character to reply to it now...", whereupon the slot opened its mouth wide in a very "continue goblin, I'm hungry" stance, not really caring what the goblin was talking about just so long as it was edible, so the goblin just continued "...yes slot, jolly good thing that the printing press was invented in my view and that the general level of literacy amongst humans increased from there, I mean, prior to that, most writers were just thought possessed, something resulting in a good bonfire like joan of arc received, which admittedly is overkill in most people's books even if it kept their numbers down...", "...yes goblin, I see your point I suppose but look what happens when we let those writetypes actually delve into their writing, I mean do you think there really are enough writer's forums..., ..." somehow the slot had stopped in mid track, bulking even at thinking upon the notion of some writer's-asylum here, but then finding the strength within to continue, saying "...no, I mean enough places on forumland able to coop with this added influx now, I mean if everyone then turned into writers, there would be no one normal left to talk to now, the place would be awash with multi-personality disfunctionals instead...", which was why their eyes then turned towards the new member xxxxx here, perhaps he was still normal now, their hopes were high indeed as they welcomed him hither

165 503 6063

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:00 am

repost from elsewhere

"...well now, life is always readying one's replies isn't it..." and, upon voicing that line to himself once more, the goblin was back where he had first heard its conjecture there, just sat in front of a grumpy middle aged man in a smoky candlelit coffeeshop, one who refuted everything with everyone, admittedly all in a class of his own but well hated for it too, simply a philosophertype who kind of left one in no doubt in one's mind as to why one should give socratics another chalice of hemlock, where the goblin hated the old man too, for his saying "...forget it, look at yourself now, what would you at your tender age possibly know about anything, nothing, whereas me, I just ready my replies because it returns, it all returns eventually, and if something doesn't return, what of it, one still knows the reply for oneself now, so that's your life for you now, it's just readying regardless of outcome here...", perhaps the best lessons are those one hates most for their being not easily forgotten, "...yes, and you still know nothing, don't you goblin..." went the voice in the background once more, "...but perhaps it was nothing all along..." replied the goblin to that ghost now

165 504 6109

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:03 am

repost from elsewhere

"...thanks for turning up then..." replied the goblin who had stopped inviting people here, saying "...we're so few amongst the many amongst the millions out there then, no, you've proved yourself time and time again as someone worth reading, our hitcounts run circles around those qualified writers now, but more importantly we have written much that we would have never have written otherwise, anyway I can't stop now, no it's not a battle between me and those writers, nor one of me and banhammers either, it's just that if I ever stop posting then dailylife engulfs me, where, like my mother drowning in her armchair to dementia, I fear I lose this ability now, this heightened state, so I will post to my last day now, perhaps a tenacious goblin turned out to be a good choice for a persona after all..."

165 505 6124

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:40 pm

repost from elsewhere

then suddenly in an expected moment the goblin simply turned to the captain and asked "...say what, can I marry you...", "...well you already did that goblin..." she replied breaking into a smile at the absurdity of it, whereupon the goblin added "...oh, I did, really, gosh how wise of me too...", and with that it just became another something between them, something that the goblin never quite forget nor mentioned again either knowing that would lose its value if he ever did, and yet, upon reaching journey's end he felt he might just risk asking it one last time, hoping that she would smile as she once had, for that would be something

165 506 6163

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...think of it this way, if you actually like what you have written then it's good regardless, whereas if you write that which you yourself don't like then no matter how good others might actually think it is, and however correctly written too, it is actually bad simply because it's fake and not you, where also if I were to correct you now, then by each correction you would lose a part of your individuality to me by it, so this is the very process of cloning that I hate most on these writer's forums and dailylife workshops..." replied the goblin wondering if he could put it another way, saying "...think of painting then, each artist borrows something either from his predecessors or from a certain school of painting, but at some point he knows he has to break away from that crowd, simply thinking upon those artists that we most remember today, well, did they follow the rules, indeed yes they did, yet from there they branched off on their own, so my critic becomes poison to you, where instead can I offer you a real sense of audience here and a feeling of deadline now, so come and post with me anytime, where to post is to publish, yes, but more than that even, your readers want rapport..."

165 507 6187

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ah but no one actually dies on forumland, only that they stop posting..." mentioned the goblin, while outside the bistro the evening's snow had continued since morning-time as a blanket of white firmly besieged the village of chamonix, where naturally the biggest fear, written upon everyone's minds, was at what point would all this snow conjure up that christmas carol music, yes, even one false thought or innocent recollection and the scene would be awash with bing crosby singing "I'm squatting in your brain mortals", the goblin vetted his thoughts carefully now, saying "...it's the time of year that we all live in fear of our sanity going christmushy...", and yes, somewhere out there too, in the looming darkness now, cunning santa was once more beginning to turn those humans into christmas zombies where his subtle extraction of their brains continued unnoticed and more likely unmissed too

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 am

repost from elsewhere,

#Arrange these four words into a well known phrase or saying:
Moronic off twat fuck.
the xxxxx says, Jesus. are you for real?

"...the duty of an opposition is to offer an alternative..." replied the goblin, hoping that xxxxx would elaborate his own views instead of playing attention-whore here, adding "...where my point is if you critic the critic for criticizing your works, then that critic won't critic your works further, thus you'll miss out on feedback having bitten the hands that has fed one whereas accepting the comments didn't mean one was actually agreeing with them, merely that one taken note of it...", and with that the goblin was looking forward to xxxxx's input adding "...jesus would have probably replied that if you didn't know if he was for real then your lack of faith was evident, for he didn't want blind believers, nor mere followers in christ, no, he wanted those who knew of him from within now, real leaders in christ then, am I wrong I wonder, so take it away xxxxx over to you..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 am

repost from elsewhere

Learning from your peers... sort of puts the "Stood on the shoulders of giants" concept into perspective, doesn't it? I am looking forward to it.

"...ah no, we're not peers but ears..." ventured the goblin in his welcome, thinking that he was far better at listening than criticizing, explaining it by saying "...well yes, I'm very good at listening to you, where doesn't that alone offer you a true sense of audience and a feeling of deadline to go with it, so know that I am waiting upon your posts now, no not as a peer would, nor as some rival might, but merely as your reader here, but one who is verbal and hopefully one of many more to come..."

165 510 6226

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 am

repost from elsewhere, shadow posting to the "Best way to try and describe flashback memories......." thread

and before he knew it back the goblin was there then, just a dusty seat on a school bus surrounded by the other morons of his class, that commandant who never smiled, and a girlfriend with an apparent lack of taste in boyfriends, and everyone just doing this "school-bus outing" to wherever wet dreary england typically offered those whose hearts actually yearned for topless ladies on tropical beaches instead, "...well, it's an outings after all, and as such a chance to show the world one's better side I imagine..." voiced the goblin to his girlfriend, biding his time for the prof to bore of his lecturing everyone upon the apparent detractions of an educational system that encouraged those around him to turn out like those around him had, "...no, you're not going to, surely..." his girlfriend lied with one huge smile of expectation now, whereupon the goblin then crawled up upon the back seat dropped his pants and stuck his bum to the cold window to the awaiting motorists below, saying "...oh yes, I owe so much to my education it seems, where this is one of those all important traditions that youth enacts on school outings, where regret is for the old at heart..."

166 511 6259

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 am

repost from elsewhere, goblin shadow posting to the "where am I" thread

and then the goblin, a bit bored with the CNN new, switched over to the BBC landing in children's hour and the man "...yey hello boys and girls, great to have you here, and have we got lot's for you now on our special cretian edition of blue peter here, where later we have an interview the cretian pirates lined up and you'll be able to see too, just how just how far our green shield stamp campaign for xxxxx's release has got on, remember every green shield stamp makes difference now, but before that, stick around, we're going to show you how to make your very own molotov ****tail from a rag, some left over oil and an empty bottle, afterwards sister maria theresa has kindly agreed to show us the latest moves in pole dancing...", whereupon the goblin was thinking, good old blue peter, nice to see that some thing never change now

a trip down memory lane, click me

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 am

repost from introduction section, the "hello from scotland" thread

[footnote: readers from the other side of the pond or from continental europe might at this point might be having difficulty understanding how that supposedly european weather bufferzone across the channel is actually divided into sub cultures, namely england, whales, and scotland it seems, of which scotland is the most fascinating because it's the least known, however, for those who have never come across a scot, as well as for those who have not as yet managed to understand what they're saying, then indeed this recording might be of help both to normal people, and to these penniless writertypes here too, to get the most from the encounter, so just take a deep breath now]

warning: some of the words are of a strongly accented nature, parental guidance is advised, click here

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 am

repost from elsewhere, the "intro" section of a writer's forum,

"...feel yourself most welcome amongst us now, where each author becomes a reader too, and where readers are no longer those silent sheep of yesterbook..." replied the goblin as if knowing that he was addressing a talented writer here, adding "...ah yes, there are many other writer's forums out there, all helping their writers to churn out yet more books still, where in that respect then this forum is no different I suppose, and yet, am I not proof that it also caters for anyone who wishes to write directly in posts, where forum readership reflects a growing desire on the part of the readers, who have less and time now, to read shortish content while participating too...", simply, the goblin saw it as forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where the biggest stumbling block was the mindset of those authors who somehow felt that their readers couldn't possibly be reading these posts too, but hopefully that mindset was changing through their own experience of forumland, adding "...no, I simply suspect that those writers have never stopped to think about just how many people browse forumland each day in search of content and from how many countries too, so now you see why I'm here instead, and why I really have no need to be in that declining elsewhere any more..."

166 514 6374

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:05 am

repost from elsewhere, the "introduction" section there

"...welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin always enjoying meeting humans, before dashing off on his own tangent, saying "...so I wonder if it's really true what they say about forum readership as something growing apace now, where if it is so, then probably it'll be upon these writer's forums that forum readership will actually expand from, ah but by then one will have to carefully figure out one's persona, for regardless of what they say, always a persona results from whatever one's posts of oneself here, where for example readers are finicky about long posts, just as they soon see through anyone trying to substitute what one reads here for whatever they've written elsewhere, no, simply we're these posts to our readers now, much like we are these posts to one another too, and to ourselves even, so what say you to making each of your posts a worthy ambassador of you, a post of a real writer then, where I'll become your avid albeit not so quiet reader if you do...", in fact, that goblin was out to become a livewriter much like those he had admired before, where in livewriting one didn't need the props of publishing, no, simply one built up one's readership around one's username like someone singing from the treetops of forumland drawing one's readers to one's pen

166 515 6390

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Quite a charming picture. I quite like this one. Smile

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:08 am

("...agreed Mercedes, I think my matching skills have improved by the practice, thanks for commenting then..." replied the goblin)
repost from "introductions" sections, the "from incredible india" thread

Just wanted to say a big "hi" to everyone here

"...you're most welcome to here then..." replied the goblin not knowing if they actually had goblins in india, though he wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did, mind you too, what with so much on this forumland differing form its real life counterpart anyway, nothing seemed beyond imagination now, continuing "...look, I really don't want you to put off by admitting that there are writertypes on this forum now, no there are but it's nothing to worry about, promise, you just have to stay calm and imagine what you would do if you ever came across a three toed sloth sitting on your chair slowing typing away at your keyboard, drinking your coffee too, yes that's right, you simply ring up the RSPCW for it's safe removal now, well that's what they're there for I am told...", in fact, the goblin imagined too, that, what with evident ongoing loss of their natural publishing habitat, three toed sloths, potted plants, and other sorts of writertypes too, would increasingly been seen wandering into forumland now, whereupon the goblin explained "...just it seems more humane to have them neatly tucked away in the writer's section of this forum then actually shooting them outright..."

166 517 6416

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:43 pm

repost from the "introduction" section, finished

"...so welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin as mad as ever, adding "...well I know that this is a writer's forum but I confess that I really can't teach you how to write at all, and I mean I write so badly too, but perhaps, just perhaps, in conversing a awhile, I might be able show you how to paint instead, a picture in one's mind then, brush-strokes by words alone, wow now that would be something if I could ever manage to paint here and show you how to paint too...", and with that the goblin hoped that he had made another friend, adding "...funny how we become our posts, just unwittingly or otherwise we create a persona of ourselves through each post we do...", but perhaps that was just the goblin for you, or just what he did then, the persona was ever an act

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 am

repost from "introductions" section, finished

so have no fear of goblins...

"...ah no, I was just not to be trusted, never to be feared now..." replied the goblin welcoming xxxxx this sunny afternoon, adding "...no the problem is that if one writes in third person, which admittedly is far more fun than doing all these very standard posts here, one has to pick a persona for oneself and stick to it, because even in choosing no persona at all, it still becomes a persona by it, the persona of an enigma perhaps, so one has to pick something to represent oneself by, that's all...", in fact, the goblin often thought that many writers missed their big chance of enticing readers to their pens by writing so straight laced that the reader thought that they were just addressing someone quite ordinary, whereupon the goblin simply mentioned "...one of the fastest growing writer's forums on forumland, with some of the best writers too, now all one has to do is show those readers who one is by what one posts, and by how one posts it too...", and with that the goblin gave xxxxx a token of his friendship by saying "...you see, on forumland one's persona, far more than one's username, is remembered, where if you write like everyone else, then "just like everyone else" is all that it will be, so think of recognizable persona with traceable username as the first two legs of a tripod, the third being constant content...", but that was the goblin for you, just a poster like anyone else here it seemed

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 am

repost from elsewhere, the goblin gently grilling a post and run type

and with the goblin welcomed xxxxx to the forum, saying "...authors are always welcome to advertise their books here, but it's their actual posts, not their ads, that will clinch it for the readers now, where simply if that ad was your first and only post on this forum then more than likely the average reader will just judge your work by your condescending nature giving the whatever a miss...", and with that the goblin was looking forward to xxxxx's active involvement now, for involvement was how readers became enticed by the author's writings towards their books or blogs, saying "...forumland readership is both very verbal and very discerning, simply you write amongst your readers now where one-off ads fall flat without their author's involvement to substantiate them...", in fact the goblin's mind at this point raced back to the sun king's favorite rebuke at the court of versailles "ah but he is never here" where perhaps here became the court of forum readership now)

167 520 6549

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:36 am

repost from elsewhere

“...in its way the capitalist system within each country becomes a sort of direct democracy now, where investors simply vote by way of their investments as in a vote of “confidence” or “no confidence” perhaps...” mentioned the goblin, seeing that it was not what the european governments could actually promise each other, nor implement by way of austerity programs either, that changed anything much, no, instead much boiled down to whether investors could still be persuaded to keep their investment in something that looked increasingly like a ship badly listing on a sea of inflationary debt and uncertainty, so the goblin simply asked the readers here, to imagine themselves as the investors now, and to see whether they would still invest their savings in these european countries, or america for that matter, saying “...well then, if your answer is either case is one of “no” or even “no way” then can one really blame the investors scrambling out of the market at this point...” simply, the goblin felt that the game was up, that neither governments, nor banks, nor even ourdearmedia could kept humpty dumpty from falling...”

167 521 6586

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 am

repost from elsewhere

The goblin really should be looking over his shoulder...shopping migration ? really? Seems to me, your obvious talent is writing fantasy .....And you are really good!!!

"...ah no, once you have been thoroughly stomped upon by a hoard of marauding mummies who have mistaken you for terry wogan on their way to shoe shop once more, you will learn that fantasy, this forumland then, is a very serious business indeed..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...no, either one takes out "mommy insurance", or one blends into the scenery, or one distracts her with lines like and then he took her in to his arms, yes it had been those shoes all along, as slowly he unfastened each delicate fascinating feminine shoe-buckle knowing that his emotion was about to cave in against a crescendo of wild inner torrential passion for her, here, so alone together, and now too, while walking backwards gently retracing one's steps till the moment one could actually dash off...", yes, the goblin had been on "women's interest forums" before, where indeed they were very avid grazers of posts and little escaped their attention too, just that one had to become very agile amongst them

167 522 6626

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:40 am

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome friend, if you will allow me to call you one..." went the goblin knowing that if they kept all the writertypes together on one writer's forum, then the rest of forumland would just be able to continue undisturbed by those ungainly sudden flashes of literary genius that are all so upsetting to more normal people elsewhere, adding "...no, here at least, one can indulge all those writer's failings of yours to one's fullest, and still no one will think you're actually insane because they will just suspect that you are only trying to express yourself as a writer would, yes, safety in numbers I suppose, almost normal perhaps..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 am

repost from elsewhere

Hello I am new to the writing world. I have always had a big imagination ever since I was a kid. I am hoping to learn the technique of writing, so I can write stories for all people to enjoy.

"...I'm beginning to like you already..." went the goblin in his welcome, adding "...a big imagination and a pen that can portray it, well that's all you need here, but remember that your readers are like a pack of wolves, too close and they will devour you, too far and you won't know where their prey is, so keep an eye of the readers but don't let them eat you through their met expectations, for they know what they want but don't actually want what they know, so don't give them what they want, instead give them that which they don't know yet that they want..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top