the last person to post here wins

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you thinking" thread

the goblin was thinking of "romeo and juliet", the two clans of capulet and montague, and that outsider mercutio, where when fatally wounded mercutio is saying "a plague on both your houses", to which the goblin simply ventured "...my bet is that shakespeare had the US congress in mind when he was writing that clan feud thing into his play then, perfect fit too..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue May 11, 2010 6:33 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "the power of tv" thread

what's wrong with someone saying have a nice day?

"...well, to be honest with you, it's probably a pseudonym for "out of my hair", "off my cloud", "next please", repeated like a mantra in mcdonalds, with a sincerity factor tantamount to zilch, where the guy saying it, has been told to say it too, and where one just knows that he actually wants to say "I hope these french fries kill you now"..." replied the goblin, feeling much like the cat in the picture upon hearing it, adding "...oh, and "have a nice day" then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed May 12, 2010 1:57 am

repost from elsewhere

the idea perhaps was “wearing the specs of the site”, but it wasn't so much that the goblin compromised, or changed himself to fit into style of the site so much as the site itself changed him and his view of his posting to it, “...simply, I slowly become more like those sites that I am active on, that's all...", where the opposite would be some insensitive troll who never changed with the forum/venue, concluding "...wearing the specs is an important consideration in choosing the forum/venue then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed May 12, 2010 1:58 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was feeling better, but he understood that life, as one gets older, shuns the elderly for being old, ugly or whatever, but the goblin knew too, that it was "all up to him now", in that, if he had to become someone old, treated like some iceberg in the eyes of others, then like that iceberg, only one fifth of him would remain visible as in his "dailylife" where that other four fifths of him would be submerged in this Internet, as something far more, than either that man in the mirror, or any other of those real-life fettering categorizations then, so he simply repeated "...you and I are what we create here, and my Internet self is going to be amazingly deep and real, promise, or I will die trying, no, let's make it both of those aims then, in that this my "journey to self", which is my "Journey to death" too..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

The touch screen on my phone has spontaniously cracked, it's dead!!!

the goblin just wished here express his heartfelt sympathy over the loss the telephone, who, when it had been working, had always been a happy telephone, joyous and friendly to everyone, "...but know this, that however bad this loss is for us now, and yes, this telephone will be sorely missed by both friends and telephones alike, it has, after all, gone to a better place from here and is at peace now, so join me then, let us hold our breath in silence and contemplation for this short moment for the loss of the poster's telephone now..., ..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 am

repost from elsewhere

"...how smart you are to have guessed it then..." mentioned the goblin who simply explained, saying "...posters post, writers write, but live writers cheat, they feed feed feed...", somehow the goblin remembered the story where hell is supposed to have spoons that so long to feed oneself with, whereas in heaven those same spoons were used to feed others with, saying "...well, you feed me, I feed the slot, all spoon feeding I suppose..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu May 13, 2010 10:32 am

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you doing" thread

the goblin as always has been neatly arranging those deckchairs on the titanic again, since he knew too, that the ship might not actually sink in his lifetime, so there he was,still working/living as usual, while ever more evidence of the forthcoming ice age just piled up around him, "...ah, but none of this could be true because the media would have told one by now, wouldn't they..." went the goblin in some self reassurance here, yet the media was not in the business of seeding panic here, and besides, who would then arrange deckchairs if there was no time left now

http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/106922-0/

http://www.scientificblogging.com/florilegium/blog/why_so_many_earthquakes_decade

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri May 14, 2010 10:57 am

repost from elsewhere

"...life is a series of shocks to me..." mentioned the goblin, only a day or so after the hold up at the "money exchange" across from his work place, one with that usual "someone just walking into the exchange, asking for the money at gunpoint, and then escaping on a stolen motorbike", no, what was unusual was that it happened at all, simply events like these don't happen in safe Switzerland, so times had changed it seemed, and yet, what with the gathering of the gypsies in their ever larger numbers, the lack of snow in Winter, and Summer's insufferable heat, Geneva, the goblin had to admit to himself, was different now, "...it's as if this accumulation of little changes over the years that, although insignificant in themselves and too gradual to really notice, had suddenly had one waking up to the shock of it all...", somehow the goblin's life simply seems ever to straddle this mental fault-line of his own complacency, and then bang, a new landscape appears out of the old, and his bearings have to be reset to the new norm again

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 pm

"...ah mortals, the moment you talk about belief you simply don't know do you however much you may believe in it, but can you argue that "facing the slot" like this is not a "journey to self" then, so why do you try to believe when you can know for sure if you keep at it, because you won't find it outside yourselves, simply your dailylife will show you your outer self, while your facing the slot like this will show you what lies within, that's all..." ventured the goblin, adding "...when you look out at the night's sky, you think you see the infinite, you don't, you only see some galaxies, so when you look at the screen here you might as well think you see some infinite for all you actually see, and if you close your eyes too, it's the same amount of infinite you see as staring at those far stars again, so knowing this, the point is not "what one sees" at all, it's taking the time out of ones dailylife to contemplate the infinite, and finding ones own way to do so..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "introduce yourself" thread, the goblin welcoming then

"...ah but it's simple now..." went the goblin welcoming the new member here, explaining "...well, if you actually want to became a writer, then you will fail because you already are one, a writer that is, and you were a writer the moment you opened that slot in order to post something now...", and how that point seemed overlooked by so many members on these writer's sites where the goblin just continued, saying "...each post you do is writing, where I have met many of you humans by now, that I can tell all I need to know about someones works just by looking at their posts first..." it was as if ones posts brought the reader to the works then, where each post had to meet a benchmark of self here, repeating "...the muse comes to one, one writes out her vision as best one can, and that's an end to it, one never becomes a writer at all, one just writes forgetting the rest as it has no meaning between you and the muse..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowflame1974 on Fri May 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Interesting philosophies there Goblin. Perhaps take one at a time so we can further discuss them? So many at one time tends to drown us all.

shadowflame1974

http://shadowflame1974.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Sat May 15, 2010 12:29 am

shadowflame1974 wrote:Interesting philosophies there Goblin. Perhaps take one at a time so we can further discuss them? So many at one time tends to drown us all.
"Don't encourage him, Allister."

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat May 15, 2010 2:06 am

shadowflame1974 wrote:Interesting philosophies there Goblin. Perhaps take one at a time so we can further discuss them? So many at one time tends to drown us all.

("...nah, this isn't my thread here, just a game in a forum somewhere, anyone can contribute to it, so come join me mortals, give me something of yours here and and win by it..." replied the goblin who just hated blogs, adding "...besides, kenwood's right, I can't be trusted for any permanence, but for the moment I am here as your friend then...", but what was there to explain anyway, they were just posts)

"...the secret of their fashion, any fashion for that matter..." the goblin started "...is to make you feel like a nobody until you was identical to all the others in the same fashion, then you might be accepted, yes, but more likely you'll just forgotten too..." but the goblin was a just a simple goblin here, "...ah no, I do not belittle fashions one bit, only that I retrain my own identity by remaining anonymous throughout..."

please

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 15, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat May 15, 2010 2:14 am

repost from elsewhere

I've been on a WW2 kick here lately watching all sorts of shows and documentaries about it and Nazis and stuff.

the goblin was thinking of that term "moron" knowing that most people would equate it as a medical term of someone with down's syndrome perhaps, thinking wrongly that the word had originated from that source then, where in fact, it was a term had been invented in 1910 by henry h goddard, a leading advocate for the use of intelligence testing in societal institutions including hospitals, schools, the legal system and the military no less, "...ah, the advocate of eugenics in america now..." started the goblin, continuing "...established the intelligence testing program on Ellis Island in 1913 too, not forgetting the Immigration Act of 1924 it lead to, and President Calvin Coolidge's comment upon signing it of "america must remain american"...", but the goblin also remembered this was universal here, not just germany or america now, everywhere had some sort of segregation in place, "...goddard also publicly supported race-group differences on Army IQ tests (Army Alpha and Beta) during World War I, and claimed that the results showed that Americans were unfit for democracy even..." breaking off to conclude "...the paper was then used repeatedly to defend the various "scientific racism" movements worldwide, of which one country in particular latched onto its findings with a vengeance and evolved it even beyond those then norms of "institutionalization" and "sterilization" here, so in fact, the first victims of the nazis were these very same morons then, as if once more, some slippery slope, which had started with a gentle plausible curve of well meant good intentions that is, had then turned evil beyond imagination here..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat May 15, 2010 9:38 am

repost from elsewhere

"...people say repeatedly that they don't read my posts, but the hit count to each thread I do tells the truth of the matter, where I read everyones posts without exception, always have now..." mentioned the goblin who, when faced with forumland itself, often felt like someone holding a remote-control desperately flicking across each forum after forum, almost feeling himself lament each time "millions of channels and nothing ever on", concluding "...I face abuse and rejection each day, yet I produce for myself and I am read by it, so what more could I want of myself then, isn't it better to write from the spur of rejection than to be blandly accepted through tagging threads..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon May 17, 2010 1:54 pm

repost from elsewhere

the witchdoctor marked the money that had now returned to him again, saying "...see goblin, this way they always returns to me...", the goblin, who had been sitting nearby, didn't know what to believe but the logic didn't seem right at all, and yet here were those notes now, "...oh, it's not just money goblin, it's most things one wants and those one doesn't want even, I mean ever thought that it could be that "that those things you have now, actually sought you out", and that, "that those things you want now, are looking for you still", if so, then the question then is how to call them towards you, spells then, prayers perhaps, oaths even, so what do you think is really at work here my goblin friend...", the witchdoctor smiled as if remembering something, and then continued "...let me guess now goblin, my guess then is that your logic would have it that this blood here is to indent my memory of course, that this sacrificed animal was to jolt some deep feeling within me, and that the music together with the smoke was to elevate my mental state too, because that's what you see here of course, isn't it goblin, but in the end you're thinking that it is only me calling out for it to be, well maybe it is then, I can't prove anything to the contrary, but then again just look back at your own past goblin and count the number of times it has somehow seemed more than a coincidence that something has happened, as it has happened, when it has happened, and just when you seemed to have called deeply out for it too...", the goblin didn't directly reply to the witchdoctor who just continued dipping a lone finger into the warm blood again before touching each note in a slow deliberate manner, till eventually, with the last note that is, the witchdoctor just stopped, looked back across at the goblin again, and directly said "...you know goblin, the real difference between us is that your reason tells you that one can't just call something towards one, so you drown before the boat sinks in my view, whereas I keep calling everything towards me regardless of what my reason thinks..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 am

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this forum" thread

the goblin here, had to confess that he had turned up here from elsewhere, saying "...well, I can't for the life of me understand it then, I mean I set the coordinates for "intellectually awe inspiring writer's forum for old farts please" and just landed here instead, oh well mishaps do happen I suppose..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed May 19, 2010 9:57 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin thanked the lupusqueen for her post and just gave her his same old assurance again, that simply his undeniable selfishness would keep him posting back to her forum as always, saying "...no, I just want to be a winner, with other winners here, those who face their day and post on in spite of it, me, you, whoever then, for someone who posts on in spite of their dailylife is a winner in my view, they win against me perhaps but mostly they win against themselves, so do you remember what I wrote before, didn't I write somewhere "life's angels are not there to be nice, they're there to help one shine in their reflection", so please reflect brightly now, show me how right I am to have faith in you...", oh, and the goblin was always faithful, for had he ever stopped posting here, would he ever now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 am

repost from elsewhere, the newbie section, the "tell us about yourself" thread

in fact by now the goblin didn't even know if his libido still worked, saying "...no doubt I'd probably start thinking about the appropriate lines and adjectives at the time, highly likely with all this writing now, transcendental lovemaking, subjective, looking on once more, as in "and how was it for you darling", replying "soft, firm, mechanical, overwhelming, intimate, passionate and somewhat messy too", admittedly not quite what she was expecting to hear then, but her fault for asking...", so, as far as the goblin's lovelife was concerned, all speculations, and those conjectures that go with them, had not been put to test for some while now, simply "bets off" seemed easier to live with here, that is while accepting that at his age, like any age for that matter, there were both hardships and compensations, "...welcome to your transcendental "double life" goblin..." went slot's voice in the background again, adding "...please post your "out of self" experiences here, you usually do, don't you goblin..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu May 20, 2010 1:00 pm

the goblin was wondering if hedes hadn't somehow released the cerberus from its underworld, and if this really was what he was facing now, and which one, if any, of those three heads would actually devour him too, oh he recognised them alright, there was the european malaise with its insatiable hunger now, the american default with an insurmountable debt, but lastly, and the one the goblin feared the mosthere, the onward awakening of the tectonic plates, "...now the jaws of either one of those heads alone would have been alarming but all three together, I am beyond alarm now..." mentioned the goblin, but the cerberus was in no rush, as it seemed to be biding its time as if savoring its prey once more, while the goblin, for his part, just read into its contours its majesty again, saying "...well at least I saw you coming beast, you'll give me credit for that much, the media didn't fool me..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqovlRhIxIE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8Tp0XAeI8

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri May 21, 2010 10:50 am

Consider a tale of three people. A boy and his two friends. One of his friends lies about the other. Which option does he take; be loyal to the first and say nothing, be loyal to the second and warn him, or let it pass without taking a side?

"...ah now, dailylife is too complicated to make any clear cut decisions outside the individual context here, it's always case by case then..." replied the goblin, somewhat reminded of machiavelli's line "the fox is eaten by the wolves, where the lion falls into traps", obviously one doesn't want to look unscrupulous on the one hand, nor gullible on the other, adding "...perhaps the prince's word, as machiavelli put it, must seem to be trustworthy but not stupidly so, it must be a word that earns him respect...", and then the goblin turned to one other point within the case, saying "...if you point out something, then others will see that you know, where their next deception might become harder to discern, where rarely will people, society, or our dear media ever stop trying to deceive one, so one has to think carefully before letting on that one can actually see the truth of the matter here..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 22, 2010 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 am

repost from elsewhere, a livewriter's meet up

"Tell me, dearest goblin, what are you truly under your mask of lively-hood?"

"...ah, now that's why I like this realm of livewriting..." replied the goblin seeing xxxxx's post again, adding "...where one reads to feed, and is uplifted by it...", in fact the goblin could probably surf hundreds of forums now, but those who actually wrote in their posts were so few in number that they seemed gems to come across, adding "...perhaps in answer then, I am just reflected in my posts here, where new-posts are the lifeblood of a forum perhaps, but if that is so, then I borrow those words of horace now Quae caret ora cruore nostro?, meaning for what coast does not know of our blood then, for yet together we will conquer this forumland and our blood will flow across it..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 am

"...how the gods punish us with what we want..." lamented the goblin who, having closed the lid, had simply placed the laptop on the bathroom toilet, attaching the plug into the shaving socket to be safe, setting the ripped flv stream to play "the clash of the titans", whereupon, undressing, he slowly enters into the hot awaiting bath, thinking heaven held no secrets now as both the film and pleasurable hot water worked to sensuous effect on the then happy goblin, till he then explained "...well I was happy at that point, only I had forgotten one minor detail here, that is, that water, for all intents and purposes, if actually wet...", an hour later a waterlogged goblin is sitting on the cold bathroom floor waiting for the film to end, where not doubt the gods were just looking down laughing their heads off

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 am

"...ah but that's the fun of forumland with more sites than stars in the night's sky..." mentioned the goblin now, continuing "...simply one posts for oneself always, hoping that one is on the same wavelength as others, but everyone has a limit beyond which they won't compromise, where mine is this, and where life is too short to fake it anyway...", in fact, the goblin never tagged threads, each post had to merit its writing to him, each picture had to dress well its text, and that the forum/venue had to inspire one to create posts here, then the goblin laughed at himself saying "...oh how I fail when I even try, perhaps I fail anyway but I never stop posting for myself now..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed May 26, 2010 6:53 am

one point that still stuck in the goblin's mind, "the soldiers should not be made scapegoats upon their return", where and when it just seemed obvious that america can't afford all this ongoing expense here, and where, under obama things have not been wound down, no, commitment to the two theaters if anything has been increased dramatically now, where those motivations for doing so seemed unconvincing, explaining "...first off, iran's religion is radical shia, where surrounding it is the more relaxed sunni, save for the middle part of iraq, distrust between them both is deep and goes back for centuries now, simply iran's spare of influence is weak at best then..." continuning "...moreover, america is to all effects a besieger where the sheer cost of the besiegement is unsustainable, especially where iran, knowing this, just has to wait it out, moreover again, the money used to fight terrorism abroad drains the kitty form sorely needed money to fight terrorism at home where no doubt the social/economic/political situation of today's america is fast becoming a breeding ground not only to some islamic style terrorism but for umpteen other types too..." but then the goblin really thought about the main reason here, saying "...and lastly, where ken was right in my view, these returning young soldiers from this warzone will cause, and suffer too, those same problems within the greater community at large that the returning vietnam veterans did, not least because the american people, who having been sold yet another "impossible pipe dream" once more, are likely to hold the military accountable, where the demobbed soldier in this case is an easy albeit unfair target, because these soldiers, like their vietnam counterparts followed government orders, so surely nobody wants them to go through the same thing then, as in "taking the rap for those short sighted war policies of the by now forgotten hawks in that whitehouse"..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top