the last person to post here wins

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 am

repost from elsewhere, an american "last post" thread on the recent uk riots

"...the repression only masks the unrest..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...simply ourdearmedia is doing its level best to divert our attention and calm us here, by just pinning all the blame on kids, or on mindless vandalism, and on the looting, pretending that if one first calms down that things will get better and all blow over now, but what becomes apparent by its not being mentioned anywhere that this becomes a new kind of threat to them, the internal terrorism perhaps, and that in order to fight it, yet more monitoring of you is needed, all for your security of course, for example your face book page, where various little determining factors such as your radical views, your racial background, that broken family history, or single motherhood, being unemployed too, having islamic beliefs then, and umpteen other traits will collectively form an underlying profile of you against their loose cannon standard now, and where, if they haven't already started compiling this database yet, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will start doing so now..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0_d3c6fNE&feature=player_embedded

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:41 am

Did my last post to you get under your skin a bit there, Jats? lol. In case you weren't aware, I was actually addressing both you and the person from another forum that you were responding to in your repost here. My use of "you" was universal in that sense, though personal as well in a way (just call me Mr. Universe). Plus, I was mainly just hitting on the issue of fiction versus journey-to-self posting, which seemed a completely futile and divisive debate for you guys to be having - assuming I read your exchange right, which I may not have. If I did, here's some more commentary on it, for clarification...

As soon as you view posting as a process of self-discovery, as you do and have every right to, it immediately becomes so similar to the act of writing fiction, and so immovably personal in terms of which side of the coin your face appears on, that the whole issue simply falls away from the clutches of worthwhile value distinctions. If the issue is clutched up anyway, it just becomes bent and distorted, or lost altogether, like one thing being snapped in half rather than two things being contrasted.

But this is a very general statement I'm making about writing posts and writing fiction. Beyond this, lives specificity: the manner in which a person writes posts or fiction. I certainly wasn't saying that this is pointless to discuss and debate.

If you reread my last post in light of the above, it may make more sense. I think you took my statement about self-reflection too broadly; God help us if all we do is self-reflect.

Anyway, apologies if I seemed abrasive in my last post. I haven't the most consistent temperament a-fucking-round. Smile

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:47 am

("...and look how you see yourself by what you write bosey, even enough to explain yourself to me by it, and yet you pretend that what you write is somehow not you actually, having no meaning and that the self cannot be seen by one's posts, as if knowing oneself from what one posts is futile, impossible, etc, well perhaps it is, yet we all profile others from their posts to form a persona of them, we see personas form posts and the more posts of someone one sees the more vivid that persona becomes..." the goblin paused, knowing that he could only go on experience here, saying "...oddly I'll actually agree with you now, in that when I started this reposting in an air/edit/backup process I had no idea of who I'd see reflected in my posts whereas today the part that I have already seen only points to a larger part still unknown to me, simply I know less about myself now than when I first started because there is more of me to know it seems, where futility is no reason not to try, no simply one drowns before the boat sinks like that, besides, who was suggesting what exactly in it place...")

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:32 am

"and yet you pretend that what you write is somehow not you actually, having no meaning and that the self cannot be seen by one's posts, as if knowing oneself from what one posts is futile, impossible, etc"

Hey, what? I was defending fiction, not offending your flip-side of it. I think we're both getting each other wrong somehow ... unless you really do believe that fiction writing is pointless???

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:54 am

("...Bosey, this stage is yours then, so lets have it again please, because I'm not sure what your point is now..." replied the goblin listening attentively, adding "...I can only go on what you post...")

repost from elsewhere

What do I expect of my fellow writers? I expect other writers to criticize my work at every turn. My grammar, holes in the story, where I could improve and every little detail. Critics help me improve my writing in every possible way.

whereupon the goblin showed up, looked at the post and simply said "...welcome to here then, ah but please don't expect me to correct you now, where, in each correction that you accept as valid from me, a part of your individuality is lost by it, so I'll tell you what, if you join us posting on this forum, I will offer you a sense of deadline and a feeling of audience...", in fact, the goblin was fed up with coming across all these clones of perfectionism, simply for him the painters/writers/poets/musicians/filmmakers that the goblin actually admired in life had been the very ones that had branched out on their own as if complimenting the set norm here with their own uniqueness, saying "...look, if you want to write like everyone else then that is how it will turn out, meaning that sometimes the gods punish us by granting us our wishes..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:13 am

Oh, this might give you some background: the person I mentioned earlier was attacking the weight you place on posting in the way you do. You then shot back with the statement that writing fiction was just a way of chasing away a mundane existence. My opinion here, and this takes us back to my post of about two weeks ago regarding self-reflection, is that both of you were confusing the subjective with the objective, that you were basically just popping each others inflatable boats, instead of just bobbing on past each other on the same shapeless sea.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:55 pm

(the goblin apologised in his way to Bosay, thinking she was a real credit to this forum, saying "....I am across so many forums that it's very hard to keep track with something that might have happened a while back on one of them, where my being anonymous really gives me no reason to prove or defend myself either, simply my posting, moreover my reason for posting too, needs only to be fully understood by me alone, however, time and again I find myself fighting the establishment, something like a ban a week, why, because I write in third person and post pictures, but that's ok for two reasons, one, it stops me being on those forums that have a closed outlook, and two, I can't be on all the forum I join anyway...", simply the goblin was saying that if he came over abrasive at times, it was probably because he was more human than he let on)

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:09 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...yes, I love that picture too xxxxx..." replied the goblin who had missed the post till now, saying "...well, one doesn't see many old people in the cinema, I guess they're pacing their money out, something which I too am increasing learning to my cost, so here's a link that might help you then...", as the goblin put up the link suspecting that it might not work in other countries, "...so now, for our date then, how about the seaside, a gentle wind, the smell of salt, the hails of seagulls, a english beach on a sunny day, with a little transistor radio that plays radio caroline's latest pop music, a towel that covers the bumps of shale as one lies down thinking that there's still hours ahead to read one's paperback without a care in the world beyond the need to know who killed the victim to see if one's guess was right after all...", yes, those dates weren't much then but it was everything at the time where the goblin would be there waiting now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am

One ban a week? For posting in third person? You should run an experiment to double check that. Post in first person like other folk, but say what you usually say, how you usually say it. Do this in a few forums, and see if you receive a different reaction. I love social experiments. Oh how I do. I'm a bit mischievous in that way. The stuff you can learn about people is fascinating, and chilling, particularly regarding conformity.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LxzYxox8Q

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:13 am

("...love the stream Bosey, but no, even without doing that experiment, it invariably goes in either of two directions, that of acceptance or rejection..." replied the goblin, adding "...where I rarely miss those forums that ban me outright and often leave those that try to enforce perimeters by bans...", but that was just what landings were about, and oddly the forum title and subject matter had little to do with the outcome, no, it was more to do with those who were actually there, and if they were younger then they tended to be less tolerant...")

repost from elsewhere, finished

"...so who would buy a bond of debt where those who furnish the benefice of it are increasingly unable to do so..." asked the goblin seeing how the subprime had been exactly this same dilemma, while noting too, all those other type bonds that are still floating upon the stock exchange to an ever waning faith of its investors in an increasingly bearish market, saying "...and everything just points to gold doesn't it, but few today remember the surrender of bullion act of 1932 where, then too, gold had seemed the perfect haven until it became apparent that gold was just too valuable to leave in private hands, so the new president, president roosevelt that is, on his first day in office, stepped in and forcibly bought one's goblin off one for dollars again...", just the goblin was feeling that, what with the combination of these debtbond timebombs, together with this new gold rush, that things were increasing pointing to the powers that be doing something like that, saying "...remember it's what they don't mention most that is they'll most likely do..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 am

repost from elsewhere

"...me, I'm just writing in posts..." repeated the goblin, thanking xxxxx continuing "...actually how one does it, which of the various parts one takes on board or rejects is entirely up to the individual here, yet each aspect within what I do has a clear reason to me to why I do it, where I am not the only livewriter now, nor am I the livewriter with the highest hitcount either though I love what this writing with a passion, moreover if one were to ask me what I want from this realm of anonymity here I would put it as a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye, and an internetself, where I befriend others without taxing them for alone here there would be no sense of audience, nor feeling of deadline, nor anything to feed upon by way of their replies, so it's funny little journey to self that meets others on the way..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:41 pm

repost from elsewhere on this forum, finished

"...so where are your civil liberties now I wonder..." asked the goblin who could see only an escalation of events into dictatorship here, where, what with no clear cut objective in afghanis'nam, with a president who came to power of landslide victory on a platform of boys home by christmas, close gitmo, and end the a patriot act, only to give us their opposites here, and worse, where the country is now on its knees in debt to the banks for playing world's policeman once more, adding "...do I care, yes I do, but do I think one can stem our slow march to dictatorship here, probably not, well not if six republicans, together with six democrats, can form a super cabinet under a president with executive powers that will then dictate to congress that is, so yes, the fear of barbarians at the gates has finally handed ceasar his dictatorship now, for the senate together with those voters of either camp, much like their roman counterpart of old are bypassed by this dictatorship in all but name..." simply the IMCP, the industrial military congress party, has gained control through everyone's fear of terrorism, which is exactly what everyone should have been more terrified about instead

163 487 5524

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 am

Here's another one I love, then ... for whoever's reading this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdJFal6-5A

Personally I'm in tears of laughter as I watch these good ones. Other ones are just sort of mean, in terms of what they force the unsuspecting public to feel and reveal on television, and I find those ones a bit off-putting. Others are just mildly funny. And I'm talking about all shows of this kind. I wish all the pranks they feature were comedy gold, and I can't quite understand why the creative teams behind them can't maintain that level of quality, given that they have a lot of time to toss ideas about and all. Then again, I guess gold wouldn't exist if gold was all there was.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:20 am

"...something for Bosay then..." went the goblin hoping it would please

Scottish Voice Operated Lift, click me

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 am

Thank you, Flea, that was awesome!

I wonder what every accent mixed together would sound like? Is it possible? Trying to imagine it is like trying to imagine a world without perspective - it does your head in, collapses your synapses. Maybe that's what the Devil would sound like: every accent melded into one, to collapse your every synapse; make your brain go away, make you hear the world away. Hear the world, away ... and in so doing bore God back alive, and make Him laugh in His brain, just a single laugh, in His brain.

By the way, what the fuck's going on around here? Smile

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:27 pm

("...love that post..." went the goblin, adding "...I don't you if you're a brit, but perhaps those accents you mention are like this then..." as the goblin then added a link before editing another post below that)

various subcultures across from continental europe, click here

repost from elsewhere, the random thoughts page

"...me, I'm thinking on empty now..." went the goblin, sitting in the silence of the public library, where around him the obsolete references books sat neatly stacked upon upon their shelves like so many vultures perched there to witness those who used the WIFI now, whereupon the goblin looked once more across the room to reconfirm his conjecture that not one book was being read now, some notes taken on paper perhaps, but not an open book in sight, so the goblin just sighed "...and who would have me write a book in all this then, surely if forumland is where the readership is then I must write within my posts instead, and just be grateful that people is still reading posts at least..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin explained a bit, saying "...money is a token of debt, one that is invariably eroded by time through inflation, the erosion is caused by its increased availability whereas its limited supply assures its stability, therefore safe havens become those things that are of limited supply, gold, swiss francs, paintings, property, etc., however, the powers that be restrict the use of these safe havens as currency, either because of the impracticality of bartering objects as currency, or more obviously, because they prefer to regulate the supply of currency here, both for taxing reasons and for boosting the economy with the occasional injections of capital called quantitative easing, that QE1 and QE2 of late...", so the goblin just repeated his previous post's point, saying "... today we have two currencies in use in america, the up front paper money, and the behind the scenes bank loans, where they are perfectly convertible one to the other, and where the amount of total finance within the system then becomes one of the sum of printed notes times the actual number of banks times the number fifteen, fifteen being the bank lending ceiling here..."

163 492 5680

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:53 am

repost from elsewhere

Then again, nobody's buying anything anyway. Welcome to the new entertainment economy...everything's free! I had almost 60,000 visitors last year, not one sale. If you want advise, don't spend the extra money on your website to set it up for credit card sales. It's just not happenaing now. The Internet is GREAT for exposure, nobody's buying though. I'm renting a table at Scream Fest (Orlando convention). I'm taking prints, ghost photos, and 300 T-shirts. I guess you gotta hit the road.

"...sorry that that's the truth of it, though I had rather guessed as much from a while back, and, since the internet is a great way to get viewed, it's not so much one's works, as oneself, moreover one's affiliations now, that are up for sale here..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...simply, sponsorship is the way things will go, after all, if everyone flocks to someone's works, some firm might seek an affiliation here, placing their advertisements on the website for their promotion...", but the goblin himself, was weary of the moneygod, saying "...well now, if ever I step out of this anonymity, you'll know that I failed in everything I ever stood for..."

163 493 5713

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 am

repost from elsewhere

the next day of many perhaps, and the goblin sits alone with his thoughts again, saying "...funny how we share this living then, where we all expect the young to outlive the old, the well to outlive the frail, etc., but isn't the truth of the matter that "no one has any more life than anyone else does", just we share this moment of now together where the next moment it could well be different...", outside, the wet dreary rooftops under the grey cloudy evening sky seemed to remind the goblin that so much in this life is built upon the mere assumption of certainty where in the end there is only one certainty that awaits

163 494 5732

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ah, but what has happened before is likely to happen again..." replied the goblin now, enjoying the replies now, adding "...though first you need to see that the money within the financial system is only initially created by those printing presses, where the rest is created by the bank in their lending, where each bank is allowed to lend out 15 dollars to any one dollar it holds as its reserve, but then once that loan is made out, the resulting money is invariably redeposited to another bank thus allowing that bank to lend 15 times its worth again, thus debts upon debts we are all sold a system that cannot sustain itself indefinitely, so their trick is to then speculate with commercial bank deposits, our personal savings that is, simply because those are the only bonds backed by the government when they eventually turn to junk...", just that the goblin's mind was on student loan bonds now, where one in five american students are in default, but where the real question was where the leverage for that bond came from, for it would be interesting to find out if they had actually been underwritten with personal bank deposits again

163 495 5767

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:58 am

repost from elsewhere, the "random thoughts" thread

"...in the end roman empire was unable to square its circle, simply military authority took over from the senate giving way first to the dictators then the emperors..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...that is, until the marian reforms came about, there was no standing army and the soldier came from the landed class, not the landless class here, however, what with the demise of the small farm holders, the recruiting pool became too small to function, hence the new idea of conscripting form the landless class soldiers that would serve their general 15 to 20 years where those soldier's loyalty was first to their general now, and where history was then to see many a general cross the rubicon as a result...", no, in fact, the reason why the goblin was thinking this at this point was that president eisenhower, in his parting address in 1961, warned america against the onward encroachment of the industrial military complex, and yet today when one looks both at america's budget and its agenda, one sees exactly what he warned the electorate of back then, that same growing circle that seems unsquareable now

163 496 5798

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:41 am

repost from elsewhere

Unlike some heartless folks on this forum I intend to give my Mom a free copy of my book..signed.

alas, being anonymous, the goblin couldn't give his mother a signed copy of any of his posts now, not that that really mattered though, after all she might just be reading this from up there now, or even form over the goblin's shoulder perhaps, "...mum, I sprinkled your ashes into the sea some years back, took this photo, and then drew a line through our past together vowing never to return there, so I don't want you to becomes a ghost that returns here now, any more than you would wish me to be someone who clings to our past either, so remember me then, but really your thoughts should be upon your future still, and me upon mine, yet well meet again, promise..." smiled the goblin in a passing thought of how long is not long just like martin luther king had once put it

164 497 5821

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:07 am

repost form elsewhere

"...if in america one still hasn't found a job after two years, they take you off the government's unemployment register regardless, simply one is technically not unemployed even though one doesn't actually have a job..." mentioned the goblin thinking upon it, continuing "...so what does that tell you about the true unemployment figures in america today, I mean is one supposed to believe the government's official unemployment figure of 9.1% to be anything representative of their reality now...", but the goblin's biggest concern was elsewhere in that during the great depression of the thirties one in ten people lived in the city whereas today it's more like one in ten that doesn't

164 498 5875

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 am

repost from elsewhere, the "the truth about 9/11" thread

"...ah you're missing the point humans..." started the goblin now, continuing "...it's not whether something was true or otherwise, it's whether the plans enacted afterwards were justified in themselves, and whether they still remain justified ten years on...", simply, the goblin knew that the financial system was bankrupt today, that ourdearmedia was owned by a few, and that the industrial military complex, the one that president eisenhower warned one of in 1961, was probably unstoppable even unto itself now, whereupon the goblin just smiled, saying "...9/11 is missing the magician's slight of hand for all that he wants us to see, where the course of events form 9/11 to 2011 tell you where the true agenda lies, true or false it was the excuse for what came next, where what came next was the end of the democracy and of civil liberties as we know of them..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top