the last person to post here wins

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:48 pm

At some point if I see that people have zero interest in traditional stories, I can easily transition to peppering "forumland" with annoying and repetitive posts as some form of artist expression -- no big -- and then maybe I'll worry about hit-count.

"...well now, if it's -- no big -- to you as you put it, let's first get that hitcount and then brag about one's ability to others later shall we..." suggested the goblin, adding "...I mean no one, least of me, is ever stopping you from doing posts on par with your threadbare stuff elsewhere, where, since those who read your publications are those who might then seek you out on forumland too, it's in your interest to have an online presence as something encouraged by those publishers I believe, where you're both welcome to join us in your own right, or to start your own thread alone now...", in fact, the goblin agreed that it was --- no big --, agreed too, that his posts were both annoying and repetitive even to himself at times as it took many reposts to exact the work to what felt was just right, saying "...no the hitcount is given to one, so when you can do a post and get a hundred hits to it, and maintain that hitcount thereafter, one is like the fool in the tarrot pack where forumland is just yours to travel across, still think you can cut human, show me then, walk the talk..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:00 am

I've gone through about three phases of understanding your style of presence on forumland. lol. I find it quite intriguing, and never thought I'd see its like. There seems to be a touch of self-sabotage in your approach though, for whatever reason. But I like your wording on those occasions when I can catch hold of you.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:56 pm

(and with that the goblin thanked bosey for the comment, saying "...it's simple with me, I feed off the replies now, so the more you post the more I will reply to you, think of it as feeding then, where one buys a book in the store perhaps, but one pays a livewriter in replies...")

repost from elsewhere

"...I get it with what you are saying re online anonymity. And I feel I am getting to know your real anonymous self on forumland a bit better as I scroll about looking at your posts. Regardless, I'm rather intrigued by you livewriters now. It's also nice to know when I'm bored senseless, I can always find some entertainment in your graphical posts...Thank you goblin..."

"...well there's not much to it..." replied the goblin, continuing "...I mean no two livewriters are the same, and I've met quite a few of them by now, but they all seem to do air/edit/backup on forumland, simply they post like the other posters do, only to keep their better posts for refining into something more akin to their thoughts, though the way they post is entirely up to them then where each aspect of what they produce well thought out too...", whereupon the goblin realised that he hadn't explained the half of it but then added "...you see, you can't write back to a book here, but the fun of livewriting is feeding off your readers as you feed them..."

160 452 5031

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:05 am

Well you may have just thrown me again. Is livewriting some kind of official genre almost? I'm not up with all the genres out there, and find it all a bit compartmentalized. I mean, what the fuck is steampunk? Soon we'll be afraid to write a sentence in case the first and last half fall into different sub-sub-sentence-genres, disqualifying it before we even reach the full stop, which might have been a damn fine full stop indeed if we'd only screwed it all and just tapped the thing in, like some kind of cool desperado riding the wind into new sentences. Anyway, don't answer my question about livewriting, I'll look it up, and think of a few questions to ask you about it afterwards ... maybe. I hate mysteries. Some, anyway.

Last edited by Bosey on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a full stop)

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:50 pm

"...sorry then, can't resist replying now..." replied the goblin here, continuing "...think of "live" as forum/venue thread/stage and you/act here, so that explains why it's called "live" as opposed to ebooks or blogs, which are less interactive now being more one way as in from its author to its readers, inviting comments or feedback perhaps, but hardly an even keel as in like here between us now...", but there was something more, saying "...well, asking "what is livewriting" is a bit like asking "what is forumland" as it differs from person to person where I imagine Jats has his view and sees it differently, but for me at it simplest, it's an ordinary poster who does a post like anyone else does here, but then, instead of just discarding that post by posting it to the thread moving on to something else, he posts it but then stores a copy for himself to edit into something more in tune with what he actually meant to say there, later, when he has edited the post again into something finished and more to his liking, he then posts it to yet another forum both as a backup to keep it safe and in the hope that it gets a reply that feeds him further, aka writing in an air/edit/backup context, just publishing in one's posts perhaps..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:40 pm

"...no exactly what he said..." adds Jats chipping in clumsily in-between invoicing and watching the football "...though I like to ad lib too, as you never know what is a post to begin with sometimes, even a throwaway line or two, and any-ways he's usually right in the first place..."

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 am

("...thanks, and on with the show then..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

I wonder who that could be?
some writer from switzerland

"...well, since one can't prove who one is anyway, how can it matter now..." replied the goblin by default anonymous, adding "...so the question is never how others see you here, for they don't see you at all, but more how you see your posting, oh and more to the point, where your posting is going to for that matter, for if you live, you'll still be here in ten, twenty, or thirty years time even, still with this same question waiting upon you here, where I have chosen to face this slot here, with my all now, as a journey to self perhaps, which is no big deal really, just that I wanted to know how I tick while life's clock counts away one's remaining seconds..."

160 456 5103

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 am

I didn't find much about livewriting in a search, so I guess it must be my last guess, I guess: pretty much a blog given legs, yes? Many legs, no less. Enough to sometimes give some a rest. Are you called a Bleg or a Bleggess? Cut off two of your legs and you still walk bleeding with finesse, in your lopsided game of hexagon chess, across forumland's multisidedness - a never-ending everywhere guest.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 am

the goblin liked bosay, saying "...yes, I've mentioned before on this thread that it's very like door to door blogging, where, as long as you don't start calling it buggering, I can let you live I suppose..." replied the goblin, adding "...but let's be more practical here, in that most readers don't have time for books, plus they don't want to follow someone's blog either, why, because you probably want to see what you are thinking by replying now thus exacting your own opinion to yourself, hence the idea of paying the livewriter with replies which feed him in return for his having fed you...", continuing "...however, at some point along this journey you will do a post that you feel merits your keeping, which is the moment wherever you keep it, you've crossed that posting rubicon then, from posting ad hoc to posting objectively now, leading to airing it to others, editing it yourself, and backing it up elsewhere, simply air/edit/backup, remember I'm just another poster like you here, where anyone can polish their post into something more in tune to their thoughts, it's just that they don't, so crossing the rubicon river is an option then, whereas the styx river is another matter...", where the goblin could somehow feel bosey's mind lighting up now

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jats on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:07 pm

a repost from elsewhere now, or from anywhere then...

"...and the best bit about live writing is there are no rules..." jumps in Jats enthusiastically still covered in sawdust that sprinkle a little with every key stroke and his ears still buzzing from the chainsaw that felt good to be back, as winter is coming then "...you know it's been marvellous here, glorious sunshine, working in my shorts and boots most of the day, a making hay and counting chickens kind of day, but I digress...yes take what you will, and if you get stuck for something to say just talk about the weather, that always comes up..." as the chameleon saves this elsewhere now, just in case then

Jats

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:37 am

repost from elsewhere,

the goblin, unable to use his intellect to better intent, does the laundry observing that those few flakes of snow, that flutter, which the goblin hoped had passed this afternoon, now turned themselves into a full blown storm, the house echoes to gunfires as his son shoots people on the playstation while the goblin himself, trying to be out of jittery earshot, types somewhat shell-shocked in the bedroom, somehow the goblin knows that, on seeing this text here, he will look back with fondness at yet another poignant moment on his journey to self, so he quickly wrote this reminder to himself, writing "ah no goblin, you're actually miserable now" somehow knowing it'll never work then, and that this moment however awful will become yet another fond memory to him

160 460 5153

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:00 am

repost from elsewhere, the writer's site "introduction" section

"...welcome to this forum human..." said the goblin knowing that xxxx would find this forum a constant source of inspiration, explaining "...well yes, it's like that difference between fire and water again, in that a fire eventually burns itself out whereas water flows ever on...", which is why the goblin always thanked the other members here for being such a bunch of wet drips now

160 461 5173

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:33 am

repost from elsewhere

at this point the goblin wanted not to look back, simply he wanted to forget his past then, knowing that he would probably die before that happened, saying "...yes life continues, but with the passage of time l just find myself wishing, ever more so it seems, that it weren't so...", for perhaps the goblin knew full well both what was ahead of him, and the burden one became by it, where he knew too, that he could never go back, while those painful regrets and shames would haunt him in his unguarded moments, so he simply said "...ah now, growing old is a silent battle that takes a lot of courage, though in life when they're keeping you alive is probably the right time to let go..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:38 am

repost from elsewhere

That picture tells it all. Just how stupid the riots are. Burning buildings, and ruining peoples livelihoods is one thing, but endangering peoples lives, and potentially committing murder, are another. What did the lady in the building, jumping for her life, do to the thugs who set it on fire? Stupid, mindless terrorists, is all these 'protesters' are. Most of them wouldn't work if a job was handed to them on a silver platter. And yet they cry poor, and, "poor me, no-one will give me a job," and "woe is me, there are no jobs in England". What a load of ****! They are proving exactly what type of people they are, and nothing will come of it, except a lot of arrests (hopefully). They have not gained an ounce of sympathy from me, for their 'plight'. I feel hard done by everyday, working for a lousy $18 an hour, but it would do nothing for my cause if I burnt down buildings, or set fire to the owner of the company! (Now there's a thought.....) That sort of thing would NEVER happen here (knock on wood, and all the rest). A couple of bullets to the leg, and the rioting would stop. You can't kick in a window, or run away, if your legs are shot to pieces! Arm the police with guns, and then see how many rioters show up! ****ing losers!

"...well there are jobs perhaps, but those jobs, like yours, don't translate into any future beyond one's servitude, for can they buy a house with that job I wonder, who can now, moreover, what with taxpayers paying for those very banks that have bankrupted the savings and pensions system in the first place, and what with speculators able to use one's bank deposits as collateral to speculate with too, things are only going to get much worse from here, simply the whole system in each country is a mountain of unaffordable debt, underwritten by insurers and already sold on to a wallstreet that is now stumbling upon their double b rated worthlessness, simply debts of debts then, and of course the more one bails out the system with yet more debt the more inflated the system becomes by it, the poorer the individual is and the poorer we become too..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...but the odd thing about all this is the fact that these riots haven't already occurred across europe, showing you the power of ourdearmedia's ability to divert attention away from this obvious decline in everyone's living standards here, ah but if the police start shooting at protesters as they did in eygpt and tunisia then by it the resulting police state is defact to is it not, and the democracy of that country is anything but, simply protest is the last line of democracy, without protest there is no democracy..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 am

"showing you the power of ourdearmedia's ability to divert attention away"

And create and perpetuate myths. Not enough people realize the power the media has over us, in shaping our perceptions and beliefs. I watched a doco about Lord Byron yesterday, in which it was speculated that he had syphilis, because this explained certain aspects of his life and character. In truth, he had bipolar disorder (not mentioned in the doco), and this explains those aspects of his life and character. (Though, who knows, he may have had syphilis as well.) But the bipolar issue hasn't entered the realm of common knowledge yet, regarding Byron. Whereas this doco has, to an extent. Loads of people will have watched it; people who will now think he probably had syphilis, and that this explains certain things about him that it really doesn't.

This is but a gentle example of what happens all around us all the time, of course.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 am

("...yes, I like that example Bosay..." replied the goblin, adding "...perhaps lord byron was an example of the media of the day seeking some adventure to relate to its readers, where what better than tragic poets then, well the romance of it is obvious, one almost knew that they were doomed from the start as they courted poverty and lived for the moment, just what the media wants...")

repost from elsewhere,

"...ah no, it only starts from here xxxxx..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...you watch then, the situation will only get worse worldwide I believe, if only because what underlines the unrest is not going away any time soon, in that the financial collapse on wall street, is fast moving onto the back streets now, and what's worse, in quashing of riots and rounding up the proprietors, which agreed is the right thing to do now, only pushes them into other means of descent, and then the dictatorship starts for real where the period of fear can be expected, and yes those revolutions you mention all came about by the repression of previous descent, but successful revolutions, failed revolutions, and counter revolutions, only ever usher in a dictatorship afterwards with its brutal repression, the the period of fear then, so france, russia, china, spain, germany, italy and have had their periods of dictatorship, due to either the dictator usurping government control to rule in its place, or else the unrest itself throws up a dictator from its own ranks, either way dictatorship results and a the period of fear follows..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:27 am

repost from a writer's forum

No, I don't agree with you. They are not important. I post my thoughts on the internet and interact with people here. I don't look to my posts in search of some elusive identity. My identity will evolve over my lifetime through living, not through what words I post on an internet forum. Stop trying to tell me things you think I need to know, because I kenned all of this internet self-expression for the needy malarkey a long time ago. I just don't buy into it, myself. I am who I am here and elsewhere. No tricks, no fakery, no creation of alter-egos for my own vicarious amusement. I'll leave that to people who want to chase a life away from the reality of their mundane existencies.

"...me, I just want to know myself by what I write then..." repeated the goblin, "...where if you want to go through this life never writing inwards, well that's your business then, well why not just live life and sit on your pen instead, or flog it to that bookworld for their fame and fortune, but know this, that what I put into my posts is what I get out of them too, where the more I reflect upon my lot anonymously the more my life seems full of those things that I would have otherwise overlooked, or taken for granted now, and besides, how is one ever going to write with any depth if one is constantly looking over one's shoulder as to who might be reading this, forgive me but since I can't prove to you anything about me now, does any of it matter, where you're quite right, in that most writers do deal in fiction, just chasing away the mundane as you put it, spot on...", oh yes, goblins were fulls of tricks, and fakery, and creations of alter-egos on forumland for their own vicarious amusement, but by now everybody already knew all that, or at least they would do shortly

161 466 5205

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosey on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 am

I don't quite understand the need to make forums and fiction and physical reality clash in a contest of validity. Philosophically, if that's where you want to take it, it's all too subjective and personal to bother juxtaposing. Any attempt to force objectivity upon the situation will just leave you screaming at a dirty mirror, not a dirty opponent, much as it looks like a dirty opponent at this point. You can't really see the real opponent in these debates; they're looking at their own dirty mirror. Better to just clean off the objectivity and see the personal debate that appears - called self-reflection. Fiction, forums, physicality - all of it reality, all of it a million mirrors.

Bosey
I'm With The Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 am

("...for me there is only dailylife out there and one's journey to self here..." replied the goblin, liking Bosay's reflection there, adding "...where I suppose one renders unto each its requirements, but where I feel things go badly wrong in my view is when someone doesn't reflect much beyond their dailylife, or similarly, when someone tries to bring their dailylife part and parcel onto forumland here, so it's personal choice I know, but when I've joked before that my motto remains "anonymous on forumland, invisible in dailylife" it actually states my stance of keeping forumland and dailylife as two selfs apart, for simply if one is ever looking over one's shoulder as to whom might be reading this from dailylife, or trying to impress readers with those props of dailylife, one might as well stop posting for the lack of the true self it shows...")

Last edited by fleamailman on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 am

repost from elsewhere,

As for writing posts on the internet? Sure, they accumulate over time but only people clinging to an identity created by them, will place any real importance on it.

"...ah no, quite the opposite is true..." suspected the goblin, explaining "...one's identity comes out of these posts then, so one isn't so much clinging to, as progressing here, where each of us becomes ever more aware of his or her own identity as one posts on, for example, wouldn't you agree with me that your posts are better now than they were before, so by that fact then, you note where you are now by way of where you were before, a journey to self it becomes by it...", simply the goblin wanted to know who he was by what he posted, saying "...oh yes, I think therefore I am, agreed, yet my posts are an account of my thoughts, and are me by them then, so do I not tempt you to post on, I mean don't you want to see yourself by what you post..."

161 469 5251

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 am

repost from elsewhere, helping out on their "introduction" section

Hello, Everyone. After looking at myself within this forum for the first time it seems like a nice fit! I am a writer, hoping to get so many works out of my head and onto the page, well not page but uhm... well you get the point I also enjoy reading. I am looking forward to spending many hours in here!

and with that the goblin showed, saying "...well, you've done the right thing human, for there is much here for all types now, where your progression, from that of some simple potted plant stuck in front of a keyboard, might indeed progress into that of a lampshade with its light on full even, yet a lot depends upon your diligence and imagination here, so come post with us then, for the road to becoming an accomplished daydreaming lampshade is a long and arduous one but we are here to help you in your transformation from being normal into being more like us instead..."

161 470 5289

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:36 pm

repost from elsewhere

odd then but, what with the death of his mother and the casting of her ashes to the sea a year or so back, any continuity of the goblin's past as something either leading into his present, or of being part of his present even, had all abruptly ended by it, so the slate was wiped clean now, debts repaid in their full, but memory lane, or at least the one that the goblin had journeyed down so often with his gradually vegetating mum, had finally become just that then, just the road behind him then

162 471 5314

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 pm

repost from elsewhere

Why do you always write like that?

"...well, various reasons human..." replied the goblin wondering what all the fuss was about anyway, continuing "...perhaps to test the forum's tolerance, or how about anonymous recognition then, or as a watermark of my authenticity, or my smiling behind a writing style, or my joyously stepping out of that grammatical goosestep, or just my avoiding medusa's published gaze, well whatever then, I mean plausible reasons do abound don't they...", but they were all just like so many lies to the goblin himself who knew why he wrote like this, confessing "...well it's just how goblins write l suppose, besides how else would you have me write now..."

162 472 5338

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm

repost from elsewhere

whereupon the goblin showed up, saluted the man in the mirror once more, and then opened the awaiting slot's mouth, asking "...well slot what do you think, can readers ever follow something like this then...", "...nah, l don't think they ever read this far now goblin, a hopeless bunch the lot of them..." replied the slot chewing on the goblin's words before gulping them down now, continuing "...and besides goblin, the moment you start compromising for the sake of some unknown readership however flattering now, you're missing the whole point of your being anonymous on forumland, l mean who's post is it anyway where how can you prove it to yourself without being anonymous now, that's the point of your anonymity goblin, isn't it your insincerity to your readers that is also your honesty to them now..."

162 473 5388

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:14 am

repost from "central character = you" thread, finished

So how many people out there just have a habit of writing themselves into their stories? It doesn't mean it's an exact description of you, maybe it's a person you would like to be? Or maybe it's you in a situation you would like to be in? Would love to hear your thoughts!

"...not quite like that then..." replied the goblin, adding "...as I tend to be all of my characters now, that is, the muse is probably the inspirational part of me, whereas the goblin is just my normal self, the witchdoctor is the clever calculating part of me, the man in the mirror is me in dailylife, where my conscience is portrayed as the voice in the background...", whereupon the narrator just wondered why the goblin had forgot to mention her, not that she knew what part of him she was either, just that she had the woman's agility to portray the scene as she saw it, thinking "well that goblin's ok I suppose, just he always seem outnumbered my the rest of us in here"

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top