the last person to post here wins

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 am

"...well it's "kids these days" time..." went the goblin, who had just returned from a conversation with his daughter who had just shown him her new pink "hello kitty" blanket given to her by her cute boy admirer, "...guess that means you'll sleep with him now..." the goblin had asked jokingly, "...oh yes, us girls have got to keep up our standards daddy..." came the causal reply as the goblin looked deep into his coffee once more wishing he hadn't asked now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:46 am

repost from elsewhere, the goblin on a woman's interest "last post" thread, paying his respects

the goblin just filled in a bit, knowing that he'd have to keep his voice down here, saying "....you see, on forumland you'll meet many strange and wonderful creatures, but none quite so terrifying perhaps as those raiders of the lost depart, yes, "housewives of the third age"...", the goblin quickly looked over his shoulder not really sure he'd been observed now but then continued "...one false move now, one miss placed word even, and they'll land wit a barrage of posts, where they'll simply show no mercy again...", in fact, the goblin had learned to show respect to them at every juncture, indeed they could be very persuasive and were always in the majority it seemed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXULwgzezUg

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowflame1974 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Yes! Beware the Housewives of Hell!
Been there done that, wasn't fun at all.

shadowflame1974

http://shadowflame1974.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 pm

("...what, do you mean you actually looked at one of my post mortal..." went the goblin in glee rushing to continue now, saying "...can I have your autograph please...", in fact, he wished that others here would post too, as he liked chatting like this)

repost from elsewhere

"...this folks, is what they don't want you to see about the oil spill then..." went the goblin unaware how long the youtube stream would link now, adding "...and, as they're using a very poisonous dispersant too, where most of the spill is simply underwater at this point, where no measurements of either air or water toxicity has been released since months back, and since those details are a closely guarded secret under a total media blackout anyway, the overall size of this, and danger to life and health too, has to be alarming by now, even if one only calculates the "flow by day" amount against the number of days until now where it was supposedly capped today...", in fact, the goblin thought that, since the leak was below the seabed itself, that capping the main leak might have worked as they rightly claim, agreed, but what about those other leak-sites now, anyway they wouldn't have made it a "no flyover zone" and suppressed details in this way without having some substantial cause to do so, "...so what, and why, are they hiding the truth from their own citizens here..." asked the goblin as if knowing that either way the truth will out with the storms to come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X6YgBUmFDg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9eu3qwC1Rk&feature=related

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:25 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was thinking about someones else's post on domestic violence now, and just how nonviolent his family seemed by it, and how too, it just equated to yet another type of unfaithfulness towards ones partner, where either way once it happens the trust is gone, perhaps where too the alcohol acts as some latch-pin to what lies underneath...", in fact, the goblin just understood that the victim had to leave from that point, even if there really was nowhere else to go that is, because he is not in control of it and only a fool would believe otherwise

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:33 am

"...how often I find myself musing on some moment in the past that has no meaning in my present, as if my brain has placed some mental bookmark on it, just groundhog memories of lost battles, injuries, shames and regrets that all slip into those off moments of my working day..." mentioned the goblin still quantifying it here, for somehow the goblin could see why his long past ghosts still haunted him so vividly today, and why his dreams had become better recalled and more imaginative too by writing, explaining "...toltec teachings tell one to cut out that internal dialog of talking to oneself, which in turn holds together ones internal world, being something that blocks out the larger picture according to those toltec teachings again, ah but writers, if anything, actually reinforce their internal world by their constant writing, in that their writings are exactly this very same internal dialog now, so they might lose their feeling of self importance during their "journey to self" much as I have done now I feel, but they can't actually drop their internal world in that toltec sense, for simply they can't escape their own ghosts where their writings just reinforce those connections and imagery, in that whereas most people would trust to their ever fading memories here, writers actually gather everything towards themselves in their writings in an even growing internal world then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 am

repost from elsewhere, somewhere self-explanatory

"...wow, another random thread..." went the goblin welcoming it, adding "...just one question mortals, is there a minimal mental requirement or can most writers post here then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 am

"...now I am trying to write something upon the lines that the pipe, which BP claims had gushed 1000 barrels of oil each day, and which has an internal diameter with only nine-inches, sounds impossibly narrow to allow that much oil through it..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...so somehow it just seems to me then, that feel BP is faced with two types of holes here, the first type that they have now capped, a second type that they haven't told us about which is gushing out oil still, along with the actual truth then..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvgg5PWsDxQ

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 am

repost from elsewhere

Your book became a smashing success? would you like to have your lawn trampled, house watched round the clock and every word reported? Would you enjoy the constant attention? Even a forum such as this would be very frustrating--why? It is lonesome at the top.

that what little I have now is all that I need, where yes there is always room for envy of others and personal regret here..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...but if all my threads were to get 30000 hits each, thousands of readers, etc., it would flatter my ego for sure, yes, but it would also change absolutely nothing too, for I am going to my grave unknown, so why spoil it now..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:53 am

Do you want to live to 100, 90, 80 or 70? How about 125?

"...death is never really far from my mind..." replied the goblin casually enough, his mind went back to the old seaside house where his grandmother had fought that internal tide of diabetes again, saying "...she kept her mind throughout though, even if I imagine that if she had really known how it would end she would have stopped herself long before that point, just like grandpa had, after his stroke then, where a pact with doctor had obtained him a injection of morphine, yes, doctors played angels of death back then but what of it...", understandably, thoughts returned now, deeply vivid images of her slow decline again, where all her wealth changed nothing, for first the blindness crept in followed that final amputation, "...her choice perhaps, who can tell now, but at least she should have been given the choice then..." voiced the goblin to himself again, continuing "...and would I have killed her myself if she had asked me to, yes I suppose I would have, but it would have been killing someone still alive in my view, and not the vegetable my mother bad become at her end then, ah no, mum died years before her death, but I'm digressing now...", so the goblin thoughts return to the question once more and the choice of "how long" then, to which the goblin just replied "...until I mustn't live on I suppose, or until I don't want to live on then, but my life should be my own choice to live or not, for ones life not some property of the state in my view where longevity is not the point of this life either..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:55 am

Goblins say the cutest things!

...ah no, I really can't do anything without someone feeding me my thoughts through their posts each time... replied the goblin in all honestly, who admittedly also played upon that odd sensation of audience and expectation here, explaining ...you see, I am not a writer in your sense of one, for there is nothing published somewhere, only that which is created through casual correspondence, simply a livewriter is just that then, live that is...

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:57 am

repost from elsewhere

So what do you think of the Wikileaks mess?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_afghanistan_wikileaks

"...oh yes, it's just vietnam all over again isn't, where anyone who descents aloud, or reveals some classified information, on some un-winnable "no end in sight" war, a war that america can ill afford at this juncture, and one that the president himself has vowed to end too, that person is then labeled as unpatriotic to the cause of self-slaughter here..." mentioned the goblin knowing that rather than winding down this war after eight years now, america's abysmal economic climate at this point if anything is more likely to plunge it right back into another war, saying "...historically whenever an economy collapses it goes to war, either in order to distract its citizens, or to restart that economy again, or just to cover up its own tracks here, so tell me why should this be any different now, and how treacherous this truth must seem to those who wish to keep us unaware of the obvious here, simply the whole system is sinking then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 am

repost from elsewhere, fobbing off that same old barb again

I make it a point never to read your posts.

"...well that's where we just differ ever so slightly now, in that you don't read my posts and thus go ignorant by it, whereas I read your posts and still go ignorant by it..." replied the goblin simply enough where much simplicity was needed here

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:33 am

repost from elsewhere

mmm. Yes live writing may be the next phase or fad or whatever, but for me there's nothing like a book, it's so textile, pages to turn filled with little black squiggles that trap you into a story good or bad depending on the writer. And the fact alone that when you 'buy' a book you have something in your hot little hand unlike an 'ebook' which is dependent on a computer that 'will' break down eventually. I like to buy 'real' things not stuff that will be lost forever in cyber space! lol

"...they're two things apart in my view..." felt the goblin who loved books, yes, but he also understood that the majority of readers were moving onto this internet here, so that, if one was only writing for oneself then remaining only with books was both good and understandable, whereas if one was writing in order to reach the mainstream then the long term goal had to be in this internet direction now, so the biggest question of all became "how to build up and retain an internet readership here", adding "...it's like when the book was overtaken by the radio only to overtaken in its turn by the television, yet books and the radio have remained, just that they were king no more here, and today too, television is now passing on its crown, my path is this then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 am

repost from elsewhere

Please tell me anything you know about or have heard about Queen Bodicca.

"...britain was mostly conquered during the reign of claudius, the event happened in the reign of nero, meaning that the territory was relatively newly settled, the tribes were to be incorporated into the roman system, but in typical roman style, repression leads to revolt leading to suppression slaughter and final appeasement, unintentionally perhaps, native tribes were progressively culled like this..." mentioned the goblin noting how this system might have worked and flourished had not the "haves" and "have nots" become so clearly segregated and odious too, that in ad 410 one of these same settled tribes finally sank the system by sacking the western capital rome when both the slaves and the poor actually opened the gates welcoming them in, in fact, the freefall that followed from there then was called 'the dark ages' but it was more like regionalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Suetonius_Paulinus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXGGm4GQAq4

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 am

repost from elsewhere

This is true, Me I write for the joy of writing, because I like creating something. But this new style is good too. It will remain long after my book is forgotten I guess.

"...oh yes, you will be known, since wherever we go, we become the most viewed thread on each forum then, creating threads with thousands of hits, aloof to that writer's competition then, with nothing to prove nor defend, unhindered by blogs, simply like me you've evolved into a livewriter by yourself now or into whatever you choose to call it then, so your posts pull readers towards you, oh yes, you'll be known by it, that much I promise, but you'll also get banned by the establishment too so it's a double-edged sword perhaps, but one that worth every cut..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:59 pm

repost from elsewhere, someone who loves pruning the enormous oak tree in her garden on weekends, her love of the land perhaps

don't kill yourself over a tree.

"...and why not..." smiled the goblin at the idea, continuing "...for the secret of oaks are their longevity, in that this tree was here both before and after you, so leave your loving mark where no one can live forever, for it will tell passersby of your one time love where the greatest secret of our lives is simply to know for what exactly one is dying for, so put your heart into it now, and just perhaps your heart will remain within it..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Hello Flea!!! How is your summer going?

"...well it continues with an overwhelming vengeance..." replied the goblin, explaining "...so I write as if to write it out of me, until the point is reached where I'm stopped from writing knowing to myself by it now that I am completely stressed out of my banana, not that I didn't actually feel that fact before I knew it here, just that this resulting inaction clearly underlines it for me, something like getting dear captain obvious to spell it out to me in words like "warning goblin, your reality becomes so surreal when you drive fast through it"..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:08 pm

repost from elsewhere, on someones birthday

"...so here's to birthdays-past then..." quietly proposed the goblin trying to think which one had been his best, adding "...you know, looking back now, perhaps the best gift I ever received, for my birthday that is, was not what I was actually given at all, but more simply an unfading memory of someone who gave me something, where those late people are now in some long gone setting but ever so mine still, and perhaps yours too, whenever one thinks back on them now, so many happy returns means that it's a spell of association behind the gift then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:01 pm

repost from elsewhere

and with that the goblin showed, saying "...for me, it's not "what one posts" that matters at all so much as "if one posts" that does...", simply the goblin was saying that in his anonymity his very last post would just end in the same way that his very first post had started but that fact actually freed him from caring for what he created now, explaining "...oh no, not "dust to dust, ashes to ashes, etc.," no, more like "from silence to silence" on some "journey to self" between those two points then, where each post forms a little step here, so it's not "what" but "if" that is my own vindication of self to me, simply I post in defiance of dailylife each time.."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Your pictures are so cute.

"...thanks..." replied the goblin now, explaining "...you see, if I try to match what I write with a picture each time, then whenever I see some picture I am looking at its likeness to anything I have either written or intend to write about...", conversely it was the exactly the same for his texts too, for whenever the goblin wrote something now, his mind soon flicked up images, concluding "...for me this posting is all a practice then, but not to be a writer now, nor to be known even, no, only a practice to become more articulate and aware for old age, if and when it comes, for what else can I take with me..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:43 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...good posts on a difficult topic, I guess I am not really an honest person though it's not out of some wish on my part to be dishonest on my part, no, more a wish to retain the only thing I really have of myself, my own secrecy..." mentioned the goblin wondering if any of those things that made one happy actually made one think too, saying "...it's like being given the choice between being some happy sheep or an unhappy wolf as far as this dailylife is concerned, like knowledge at the cost of ones happiness perhaps..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:44 pm

repost from elsewhere

wins what?

"...well one wins whatever one puts into ones posts I suppose..." replied the goblin now knowing how writers took great care over what they posted for two reasons, first for the chance it gave them to get their ideas right to themselves, and second, for the chance it offered to pull readers towards their writings, while feeding off replies too, adding "...where now that other ludicrous idea of somehow becoming the last poster here is a serious no no, so best not think about it even for writers can type with a vengeance where utter folly is concerned..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:35 pm

repost from elsewhere

i wonder if my stuff gets reposted elsewhere?

"...you have the right to remain silent I suppose..." started the goblin continuing "...but equally anything one posts may wind up across the length and breadth of forumland...", in fact, the goblin never named the name when quoting someone, only dealing with their content instead, explaning "...actually think it's part of the "goblins are not to be trusted" clause in the small print somewhere..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 pm

repost from elsewhere, advising again

"...as writers, your posts should be pulling the reader towards you now, simply the age of episodes and installments has returned with this internet in my view, where dickens and doyle would not have been nearly such a success in their time if they had written books now, oh no, they kept their readers on tenterhooks by publishing in weekly bits with cliffhangers..." mentioned the goblin who remembered reading somewhere about dicken's fans waiting on the dockside of new york's harbor to know if "little nell" was still alive, so the goblin just repeated something, saying "...you see, apart from the rich, most people were busy in the victorian age, working long hours, and having neither the time nor the money for books, but journals on the other hand were both cheap, and easy to read...", the goblin stopped in his tracks, counted the lines he had written, and then wondered what picture would actually dress his post here, as if knowing that continuity was ones hallmark of what one wrote

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top