the last person to post here wins

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:18 am

i have one goal - enjoy life

"...I am not sure if a better awareness is enjoyment as such, but I am at an age where much of those external pleasures now seem either hollow or heightened by some reflection upon them..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...perhaps my life would be more pleasurable if I didn't know the details of its workings by now..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pG1_K7uYU

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:44 pm

the goblin's blog

37)Dungford muddles along, a little world with its heart in the past refusing to accept that hurtling through space various objects are on an eventual collision course with it. The goblin thought himself no better then, he too muddles along, "...perhaps we all do then..." the goblin ventured and with that the goblin asked his mother "...happy birthday mum what would you like to do..." his mother smiled back "...I want to go out into the garden and tidy up the hedge..." and with that the day passed like any other day in its slow ebbing of time way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfaTsMUvVlU

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:45 pm

summer, and the heat beats the goblin to his thoughts each time, so the focus is more on self-preservation here rather than on any self-exploration now, saying "...oh no, I don't stop posting at this point, only that what I post is not out the result of the usual cool collected reflection, that firmly on the ground stuff, no, these thoughts are more like that desert lizard who pans two legs in the air cooling them while his other legs burn on the ground, swapping them while he still can till in the end the heat wins out and the lizard has to bury himself in the sand till nightfall again...", somehow the goblin too, was fast nearing his mental shutdown point, for the day looked as beautiful to look at as it was hell to think in

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm

he goblin borrowed this thread for eco/politics now, saying "...at this point my mind is more on the oil spill, where my gut feeling that there is going to be yet another explosion soon, that might halt the leak, yes, but it will leave great damage in its wake...", simply, the goblin felt that there must be a natural cutoff process since this was the only deep sea oil leaks that he knew of, where repeatedly the seabed had moved, and where this oilfield in particular sat between a volcano below it, and a large bubble of methane above it, adding "...its wellhead is both extremely hot and highly pressurized even if the pressure fluctuates depending of what substance is gushing out and how many relief wells or new natural leaks appear, so the pressure could either build up or conversely drop too, any buildup of physical pressure could widen the leak even blowing out the wellhead, whereas a drop in pressure could allow seawater to mix in causing steam, and it is this steam pressure that will cause the volcanic explosion releasing the methane bubble to the surface, only to ignite it, just like it did in the first place, so it's a double explosion then, steam one at depth and a fireball on the surface, but its this volcanic steam explosion at depth that will actually plug the leak, where if not, the process will simply repeat here...", a natural cutoff process then, that is if someone can't come up with something before the explosion happens then

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 pm

and with that the goblin was thinking elsewhere now, for somehow the oil spill in the gulf of mexico reminded him of galveston in 1900 again, where an impression of boundless optimism and everything firmly in control was being portrayed by the presumptuous humans, but somewhere, just out to sea perhaps, or even below it then, the kraken had been rudely awoken and would teach the human a little lesson in respect

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5738477727172072633#

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Welcome back, flea. Smile

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:47 am

(the goblin thanked mercedes for her post, replying "...no, I am always here, just I fear that I post too much so I have been pacing myself a bit...", in fact, this wasn't the goblin's thread at all, it was just another "last post" thread where anyone could post, and win by doing so)

repost from elsewhere

the goblin showed up after a while it seems, saying "...I was a real man of action once, where today that sexual-contract seems to have both consequences and obligations that I can no longer afford of myself, no, not that I don't still recognize their beauty still, those curves of form and my physical reaction towards them too, just that I value my independence...", in fact, the goblin was married but something inside him knew that if he had not been married now, he wouldn't sign that sexual-contract again

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin got banned somewhere ? surely you jest

"...actually it's a common enough occurrence, not that I am ever rude, nor malicious beyond defending myself here, no, but each livewriter is by nature conspicuous, independent and determined, which is enough to set many a mod's or admin's nerves on edge to start with...", mentioned the goblin, continuing "...then add to this, my "a livewriter is known by the posts alone" philosophy, and the stage is set for showdown then...", but the goblin wasn't fighting anyone, just he didn't compromise either, simply he gave his all to his posts where the result of which was acceptable to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvymnF-_Pf8&feature=related

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:44 am

the goblin borrowed this thread for eco/politics now, saying "...at this point my mind is more on the oil spill, where my gut feeling that there is going to be yet another explosion soon, that might halt the leak, yes, but it will leave great damage in its wake...", simply, the goblin felt that there must be a natural cutoff process since this was the only deep sea oil leaks that he knew of, where repeatedly the seabed had moved, and where this oilfield in particular sat between a volcano below it, and a large bubble of methane above it, adding "...its wellhead is both extremely hot and highly pressurized even if the pressure fluctuates depending of what substance is gushing out and how many relief wells or new natural leaks appear, so the pressure could either build up or conversely drop too, any buildup of physical pressure could widen the leak even blowing out the wellhead, whereas a drop in pressure could allow seawater to mix in causing steam, and it is this steam pressure that will cause the volcanic explosion releasing the methane bubble to the surface, only to ignite it, just like it did in the first place, so it's a double explosion then, steam one at depth and a fireball on the surface, but its this volcanic steam explosion at depth that will actually plug the leak, where if not, the process will simply repeat here...", a natural cutoff process perhaps, that is if someone can't come up with something before the explosion happens then

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:46 am

"...perhaps the question is not one of who wins here, as you already know that that changes with the last one who posts, ah no, the real question remains "with what then" for that's the pull of this thread for me where I am my posts alone now..." mentioned the goblin knowing that this was still early days for most humans, adding "...in a year's time forumland will either commend you or condemn you, for you are looking at a mirror humans, your posts ever reflect you still..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmJQyS8QVw

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:48 am

repost from elsewhere, why one shouldn't think on forumlevel

This thread is a puff of wind. I could exile it at the click of a mouse.

"...it would be like shuffling the deck so to speak..." replied the goblin who always advised people to save their posts now, adding "...ah but the tally would just remain regardless, simply the tally being "what have you posted for the duration that you had the chance to" where if one has not backed up ones posts that becomes yet another reflection...", in fact, the mirror that the goblin meant had nothing to do with how others saw one here where they couldn't see one, nor was it this thread here, nor any one thread for that matter, no the mirror to him was simply the tally where each post on forumland became part of that tally then, where locks bans and deletions were "after the fact" reality but at the end of the year one still knew where one stood

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 am

what do I win

"...the poster wins a reprieve from reality a bit longer then, perhaps we all do by this..." replied the goblin, as if noting how this society would just grind to a halt if our dear media didn't prop the status quo up with anything but what we are actually facing, the goblin spelled it out now, saying "...our dear media gives us bedtime stories because bedtime stories is what we want to believe here, I mean a few questions then, does anyone think that the euro is workable, does anyone really think that three trillion dollar debt is manageable, is post glacial rebound not causing all these earthquakes then, can either the war is iraq or the one in afghanistan be won now, is the oil spill not happening, ah no, according to our dear media what is actually happening is that all important "world cup" of ours, and to a lesser extent some g20 summit somewhere...",

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 am

and with that the goblin was thinking elsewhere now, for somehow the oil spill in the gulf of mexico reminded him of galveston in 1900 again, where an impression of boundless optimism and everything firmly in control was being portrayed be the presumptuous humans, but somewhere, just out to sea perhaps, or a bit below it then, the kraken had rudely awoken and would teach the humans a lesson in respect

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5738477727172072633#

Last edited by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 am

the goblin got banned somewhere ? surely you jest

"...actually it's a common enough occurrence, not that I am ever rude, nor malicious beyond defending myself here, no, but each livewriter is by nature conspicuous, independent and determined, which is enough to set many a mod's or admin's nerves on edge to start with...", mentioned the goblin, continuing "...then add to this, my "a livewriter is known by the posts alone" philosophy, and the stage is set for showdown then...", but the goblin wasn't fighting anyone, just he didn't compromise either, simply he gave his all to his posts where the result of which was acceptable to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvymnF-_Pf8&feature=related

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

I suppose the reason forums ban you or try to stop you posting is because you introduce topics on your threads that are already being discussed on other threads. Members join in and interact. You don't.

"...I can't be everywhere then..." replied the goblin, adding "...and have I not replied to each post addressed to me now...", but either way, the goblin only wanted to see posts that people wanted to post here, saying "...as long as people are selfish I can see them, whereas if they are selfless, as in posting out of some given obligation now, their demure will simply fool me into continuing some topic they don't care about..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 am

the scene fades in where the goblin is working on the outside while inside he just thinks about 2012 again, saying "...how odd it is, that because I am actually not sure about any of this, and probably because I don't want it to happen anyway, that if the end of the world did come now, it would just find me doing the most mundane of things where I would kick myself as to why I hadn't been a bit more adventurous in my life before this point then..." continuing "...I mean, everyone wants to live their lives to the full, and yet because there is always more life to come it seems, one never really lives life to the full then does one, as one simply holds back lest one might have to live on afterwards without sufficient means to support oneself in it...", in fact, if the goblin really knew that if it was the end coming, somehow he doubted that he would do much beyond making sure his family were together at the time, saying "...I doubt I would even think about any bucket-list, let alone fulfill one, time would just seem to be too precious to do anything in it..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:31 am

repost from elsewhere, about elsewhere again

These people at your writing site sound like xxxxx. Give us a link and we'll have a bit of fun with them

"...I would love to but then they would then raid this place back and we would all be buried in anecdotes and soliloquies of some promising intellectual nature complete with that nazi grammar that they alone vaguely understand..." ventured the goblin now, adding "...no, I've come to believe that writers, like you trolls for that matter, are quite distinct from human beings and as such should be left well alone save for basic communication and trade in ideas here..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 am

repost from elsewhere

Conformity is something I rarely seek. It's the diversity of responses that interests me. Isn't it fascinating that some people believe they need to conform to a particular writing style to contribute? As if choosing their own voice and sharing their thoughts in any way they like isn't enough.

the goblin just opened up a bit, saying "...I imagine that most people follow their own writing rules, where certainly I hide myself behind a lax grammar usage, which becomes an individual writing style as part of a recognizable yet anonymous persona here, anyway I'm happy with the advantages it offers me now...", it was as if the goblin understood that most categorizations came from seeing some gap between knowing how someone should write and the way they then failed to, a discrepancy that revealed the writer's benchmark to the reader here, something the goblin deliberately avoided as a trap, concluding "...simply if the reader can follow, then tedious writing rules are for those who haven't got something better to write..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ah no, the world does not end here, but everyones finite world has to end at some point..." noted the goblin to himself while outside the heat just stifled the spirit in this recurrent hateful summer of work, simply there was no news about the oil spill now because the media black-out was firmly in place where it became a crime even to tell or warn one of what is happening the, sighing the goblin said "...so where's the point of even looking at the news then, and which world do we live in now, definitely not one that I'm being told about..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iDc3lJUNLU

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 pm

repost from elsewhere

"There really is no one right religion. It's simply whatever you believe in that's right." pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "Besides, if it wasn't for God, then none of this would be here."

"...so all of this has to be god then, because where is not god where god is everywhere, so for me the question is simply "can I make god out amongst all this" and not box him into some external religion, practicing stuff that makes no sense simply to appease because either "it is written" somewhere, or that "our religion has always been done in this way" dogma..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...belief should not become the excuse for not finding out now..."

Religion ala Eddie Izzard

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:55 pm

and with that, the goblin explained something else, saying ...ones unsername needs a certain amount of internet history to go with it for at least two reasons, that is, it needs to show up in a google search should someone think one is just someone else's sock puppet, meaning it's important to have a name that is unique to oneself, where those usernames, that either turn up nothing, or that are too common to pinpoint one for sure, are no help here..., then the goblin thought of that other reason, continuing ...secondly, should anything ever happen to the forum, or to ones welcome there then, one remains traceable by ones username, even if ones persona is probably better remembered than ones username is, even so then the username is still important, in that in many respects ones username becomes ones pen-name....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYilgE-oAes

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:58 pm

repost from elsewhere

I don't know how to post in the way you are writing.

"...think of a victorian journal then, or one of those musical jam sessions, where you either join in the topic directly or contributes something you feel others would appreciate now, or even something you feel should be related anyway, where adding pictures, writing in third person, or anything else for that matter is just optional here..." mentioned the goblin again, continuing "...with me, it's three goals always, "a writer's way with words", "an illustrator's eye" and "an internet-self", so I just choose words, add pictures, and mold a persona of myself here, nothing to it really but very rewarding though...", at which point the goblin would then look at the text and wonder which picture it resembled now, something which if anything had grown harder, not easier, over the years now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 am

the witchdoctor addressed the goblin again saying ...you see goblin, the holly tree is the tree of magic where our wands are traditionally made from it now, and where too, it only seems fitting then, that those films that cast their spell over their audiences, should actually be made in hollywood..., and with that the goblin smiled back, somehow the witchdoctor had a way with words

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 am

in fact, the goblin could accept the loss of most things in his life, where simply the longer he lived the more likely that those losses would increase as they have now, saying "...when I was young I had everything though I didn't know it at the time, where their loss today has grown this awareness in me, and yet, I can accept all these losses, and those others too, that no doubt "old age" will bestow me later, perhaps all except one that is, for I hope I will never lose my sense of humor then, for the show must go on, but as long as I can smile I can go on with it..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am

repost from elsewhere

You're a very interesting person. You sort of remind me of a scop.

"...ah, that would make me hundreds of years old then, if I were a scop that is, but perhaps I could have been one once..." replied the goblin who was one of a small group of livewriters, adding "...we travel across forumland but remain where it's engaging...", in fact, the goblin fed on replies then, reminded of those lines again "writers write, posters post, but only livewriters feed", saying "...you feed me, I feed the slot and on it goes like some circle in a dance..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top