the last person to post here wins

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the last person to post here wins

Post by fleamailman on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 am

"...see, I've already won..." said the goblin again, who dearly wanted this thread to be a hotchpotch of everyones effort here, continuing "...come now, you win this just by posting something, but how you win this, or if you don't post here, is the benchmark of self is it not, but I have great faith in you, or I wouldn't still be here, double posts OK, reposts OK, beat the goblin if you want to play it that way too, anything, but post something then, and you have such talent mortals while life's clock ticks away your chance now..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Re: the last person to post here wins

Post by shadowflame1974 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:45 am

Okay we have this on another forum.

It has been going on for five years.

It
Never
Ends.
lol

shadowflame1974

http://shadowflame1974.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 am

shadowflame1974 wrote:Okay we have this on another forum.

It has been going on for five years.

It
Never
Ends.
lol

(the goblin knew that the last post thread always reflected a site clearly, where if, for example, the only thing the posters could come up with is "I win", then the goblin could tell that that was the level of the forum, saying "...give me content mortals, or else this thread will rightly condemn us with the truth of our posting abilities here...", simply the goblin was different, he used the "last post" thread as a chance to win big against himself now, and only against himself too...")

being anonymous the goblin wasn't sure if it was "social networking" as such, but he posted across dozens of forums daily, saying "...well, for me at least, facebook seems a writer's nightmare, something like "hi, my name is adolf, oh, and guess what, I hang out at walmats too, eat at mcdonalds where I do my internet, here's my photo, all my personal details, the films I like, my PSP3 games then, oh, and take at look at this, my heavy metal tattoo on my bum, and my signed poster of bing crosby himself, aren't I amazing, oh please do accept me as I have enough superficial paraphernalia, and whatever, for you to like me now"...", where perhaps the first thing a writer should actually be, is free from all that crap, just honest to himself each time..." simply the goblin was saying, that whenever he had grown close to someone on this internet, it had been solely on the merit of their words alone, for what else of them was really here now, they were, until they appeared in real life that is, just as anonymous as the goblin was, quite unable to prove anything then

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 am

repost from elsewhere

"...most of human interaction, and resulting conversation, is just saying that which is expected of one so that one can get back to more important things like daydreaming or reasoning other things in the back of ones mind..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so why challenge, thus becoming ostracized in doing so, any expected norm where one can remain hidden in full view by simply playing the expected part and saying the right words with it...", simply 99% of ones whole life slips under the attention radar like this, 1% is actually retained in memory form through some aroused emotional awareness towards it, simply one lives a life that one mostly forgets

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:48 pm

repost from elsewhere, during the copenhagen economic summit

the goblin felt that he had not heard the last of the neoconservatives, saying "...their philosophy of arrogance and "divide and conquer" is still there, moreover their trick of "constant distraction" is still being used to good effect too, for example, what has the "economic summit's attention on Iran's nuclear program" to do with the "actual economic downturn now", none, no connection at all you see, but in all the heated emotion they generate about it, you are no longer asking those important economic questions then, are you...", but the goblin, in his posting here, just thought that his own "dailylife" too, had much in common with the trick of the neoconsevatives then, saying "...well, the trick is something like "your dailylife is so much more important than you are because you are living it", where one should be asking "where am I in all this now", same difference is it not, like the tail waging the dog again, simply it's "ones life living one" rather than "one living ones life" here..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:24 am

repost from elsewhere, the "Obama Surrendering Internet to Foreign Powers" thread

"...the goblin fears equally the US citizenship would not be in position to stand up for itself here, one need look no further that the how the real power had been taken from its people at this point by its own corporations, where politicians land great jobs after implementing policies detrimental to the health and safety of its citizens, and where environmental issues again for the sake of corporate america again, fly in face of the wishes of its people too..." mentioned the goblin, who thought the UN as the wizard of OZ, yes, but who also knew full well, the little mr jo average has almost no say in american politics now, adding "...simply if america takes over its internet as you wish don't expect it to remain free of cost, for even now they are lobbying for just that, sorry I love america, and we know that the politicians control well the hearts and minds of its people here, ah but, we are not so naive as to not know who controls the hearts and minds of those politicians, no they might retire from politics then, but where to I wonder if not straight into the awaiting arms corporate america then..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:31 am

repost from elsewhere, the "Spirits Lair" thread

"...then I will share with you the little I know..." replied the goblin "...though I will let you ask me what you wish to...", somehow the bonfire in the garden must have been burning still, for the feint pungent smell, together with the slight twitching of the eyes in irritation, caused by it of course, continued, as the goblin looked alternatively down at the wooden table surface and up at the screen in a slow pensive manner as the night progressed its way again, "...the room of my childhood this, later the room of my guard duty in my mother's demise, and how I strained my ears to hear the rattling of the child-gate downstairs, knowing that it didn't stop she her really, only that it bought me time to halt her there, where I could then lead her to back to bed, though that's dementia for you, the balance goes, so stairs are out...", the goblin strained her ears now, and, bar from the steady hum of the computer, the night's silence was its norm of course, but even so, it didn't stop the feeling of "any minute now" within the goblin at this point, so perhaps her ghost, in this room at least, if one could call it one that is, was not an apparition at all, merely this sensation of guard-duty then, or perhaps just an imagined rattling of the child-gate form moment to moment, "any minute now" again

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 am

repost from elsewhere

I like your thread goblin

"...nah, this isn't my thread either, it's just a "last post" thread here, anyone can post to it..." replied the goblin who wanted to openly share this thread then, saying "...the trouble with me is that there are two of us, one me who writes directly between brackets where things generally fall foul to those slings and arrows of outrageous dyslexia, and then there is that other me, who reposts stuff that has been clearly ironed out with some matching picture added, basically the "publishing" me, against the "posting" me perhaps, where both have their merits/demerits then...", simply, the goblin, in his madness, actually believed that it was a "journey to self" here, and yes, true the goblin had seen his dailylife for the rat-race it actually was, and yet, instead of "stopping to smell the flowers on the way", he was now writing about those same flowers then, as if the rat-race had been replaced by the rat's very own "freestyle composition with matching picture in less that 50 words please" benchmark here, so either way, the rat just scurried on it seemed totally unable to stop itself

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin too, was musing over something about "the hijacking of ideology to create authoritarianism", in that he saw that when one compared nazism under hitler, and communism under stalin, that is, their both having universal welfare, youth movements, a state managed system, compulsory service, state created jobs, labor camps for undesirables and dissidents, etc., etc., etc., etc., it became clear that, although some ideological difference may still exist in the ideology alone, the actual results on the ground was a perfect match each time, "...so ether way, the path to authoritarianism seems paved in ideology then, so much so that fascism/communism/religion/fear and any other ideology too, are all usurped in their turn to create some authority here over those within its grasp..." mentioned the goblin, who somehow tried to have no ideology remaining anonymous throughout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSuWCIYi7T4&feature=related

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:06 am

another ghost, the goblin remembered the true story in newspaper about a super powerful motorcycle that had killed in turn two of three brothers, of course the point of the story was what would the third brother do, "ride it" or "sell it", but for the goblin, at that time without anyone who depended on him, it was this wonderful image, of staking ones life in the race with death, which haunted him then, "...besides death, you could say "call" at any moment so what does one stake here..." asked the goblin aloud to himself, "...up to you, how fast do you want to go..." came a voice form within now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:34 am

the goblin, at this point, walked alone along a beach in his imagination where, having come across a washed up stick, the goblin suddenly wonders what he could write across the wet sand on this windy day, "...well, aren't you wasting your time impudent goblin..." came a very old voice somewhere outside him "... surely, you know very well that I will just wash your scribbles away with the next tide..." came the mocking sea's voice carried through its waves faintly under in the sea breeze on to the still goblin, it seemed to continue "...go ahead and write, write and be dammed for all I care since I will only wash it away..." the sea repeated again and again to the goblin who after a long while moved the stick slowly across the sand writing "for now I know the gods must envy us our mortality", after which the goblin ran up to the waves and flung the stick to the sea retorting "...ah but I, in my one little moment, can write on this sand, so take this stick and show me what it is that you, with your forever, can write then..." but the stick just floated in the water, perhaps to drift back to the goblin, perhaps not then, as the goblin walked on passed that day but never really far from the grip that it held on him still

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:37 am

today the goblin's goal is to get into the "males need not apply" forum he had come across this morning, "...um, well let's see, first name: Margaret, last name: Thatcher, address: 10 Downing st., London, european weather buffer, sex: long ago, age: even further back, hobbies: shopping, ladies nights and powdering my noise for hours, username: fleamailnotaman..." as the goblin then pressed the "agree to terms" button in earnest adding "...now Slot, all we have to do is start the "last post" thread there and retreat presumably unnoticed..." sighed the poor little goblinness in her distress now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:32 am

repost from a goth's site "last post" thread,

lonely Gothic hearts page:

Wanted, "would be goth" seeks female for deeply depressive emotional lamentations upon the nature of death, melancholic visits to nighttime graveyards, and general makeup sharing, if at all interest please contact ben s bernanke care of the board of governors of the federal reserve

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 15, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 am

meanwhile, back in Gotham city, Batman and Robin burst onto the scene "...drat..." Batman's fist hits his cupped hand "Robin I don't get it, this goblin guy is always one step ahead of us, worse I'm sure he's a linux penguin too, he got to have a weakness if only we could find it Robin we'd have him, Robin what we need is a plan..." "...Batman, what say you that me and my merry men joineth this brigand in Gotham forest yonder and there offer council that he may yet steal but from the rich to offer unto the poor..." "...alright Robin what's that in English and start the sentence with "holy cow Batman"...", "...prithy who sayeth "holy cow Batman" in this here age thus, t'is but a fabrication of the mind's eye m'thinks, come let us settle on "haynonnyno Batman" t'is wisdom is it not...", the waitress interrupts the goblin's string of thought "...excuse me could you pay your coffee it's 3 swiss francs please, oh let me guess, you're a writer..." "...well sort of I'm a dyslexic with multipersonality disorder and a posting addiction..." "...great I've never met one of those, could I have a signature in case you become famous and die, thanks..." "...here you go, by the way do you know sometimes I wonder if the gods might actually envy us our mortality..." "...oh that's too deep for me, sorry but thanks anyway..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm

repost from elsewhere

First of all everybody knows I am not an Obama fan. However if he keeps to his word and allows off shore drilling and more drilling in the Alaskan Arctic region then I will say kudos on that account. If it keeps us from relying on bum countries like Iran who are part of why we have high gas prices then again kudos to him. I will give credit where credit is due even if the person I don't like does something right.

"...no, the real problem is that the total supply is limited, where america's own production has peaked, and where the rest of the world is peaking now or soon, so whether america depends on external oil today, or chooses its own reserves instead, none of this changes the equation over the long term..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...in fact, it might even have been better to depend on external oil holding onto its own reserves to fall back upon here, seeing that alternative fuels were not yet in place to meet the predicted shortfall here, meaning that an oil depleted america would be something that those external powers would very much enjoy...", simply, the goblin felt that if amarica used up oil at its present rate, then "which oil" and "from where" would only become "any oil" and "from anywhere" in the end, for such was america's addiction to oil here, where those oil barons and their oil interested political cronies are richer than ever at america's expense

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:39 am

Geneva is a small place, and walking across from the bridge on a dull warm day, became the last time the goblin would ever meet the Dane, simply, it was while waiting for the homeward bus, the ensuing conversation between them had turned around to the moment where the Dane just confided "...actually I don't want to go home goblin tonight, my life is shit and I'm in a real mess so I am going to a friend's...", the goblin replied "...look there's that AA place almost opposite from where you live, they'd listen and sort it out for you, well at least get some advice there then, and no one would know, would they...", but what was happening to the Dane now, somehow the goblin both knew and felt, wasn't the actual alcoholism, no, the Dane was stalling his own life into a tailspin here, the Dane was "ending it", and now while looking at the Dane's face the goblin could see, or had recollections of, those others that the goblin had known, as ever hiding behind their uniform reassuring expressions as that "exit plan" was taking over inside them, so again the voice in the goblin's mind just went "...no, it's always the ones that never mention it by name...", as the goblin then watched the Dane calmly cross the road before him as if walking out of this life

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 am

"...thanks..." said the goblin knowing that when he tried he failed and when he didn't try it came to him, the goblin explained "...simply, the "muse's pact" changes the focus of ones life from "what do I want in life" to "what is worth posting in life", and there are three clauses of the "muse's pact" that remain constant throughout, their being "honesty", "a shared life" and "a thick skin", where the first and last clauses are obvious, but the second "a shared life" is only really understood by someone who has opened up to the muse...", at which point the goblin wondered if he was making sense, even to himself now, he continued though "...a writer doesn't know when, or what, idea will hit him, but the muse is constantly there and the writer lives with her somehow sharing their dailylife together 24/7...", "...in other words he's saying that you writers are raving schizophrenics..." went the voice in the background, where the goblin started twiddling his thumbs in escape mode wondering how he could get out of that accusation then but there seems no escape now

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:31 pm

"...well, between the faults of america and the ideals of osama bin laden, I guess one has to wisely accept her faults then, god bless america, her faults and all now..." said the goblin, who now promised to support america on its present day road to recovery by purchasing yet more peanut-based products form the supermarket then, explaining "...yes, america is indeed famous for her nuts, whereas britain is famous for thier fruitcakes, but those are the riches of my life I suppose, in a life that would no doubt be less without them...", besides, the goblin could openly poke fun at america or britain, but he wondered how long he would be allowed to poke fun at the bin laden's plans for everyone here now if it ever came to that

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 am

repost from elsewhere

"...my bet is just that your posts will evolve here, simply you'll reach a point where one of the posts you do pleases you so much that you'll want to keep it, and that is the moment you become a "live writer", really it's no big deal, it is just a type of evolution form "just posting in reply to someone else", to "posting for keeps", and those posts one wants to keep, one can blog somewhere, but then you'll want to know if they're any good, and probably to edit them at the same time too, so one reposts them then and with that you've really joined the club so to speak..." mentioned the goblin, knowing that he wasn't the only one now, just that he was one to first ones like this

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 am

repost from elsewhere, the trolls site's "last post" thread

I think Fleabag is a secret Nazi. He probably works for one of them Swiss banks that has sacks and sacks of gold jewish teeth in their vaults

"...no no no, we were only acting on orders..." protested the goblin, explaining "...most people were merely complicit in their acceptance then, where their government was actually guilty of hedging its bets here, that is since switzerland has always been on the side of the perceived winner, so it played germany's tune till that tune was taken over by the allies's one..." , in fact, it was rather odd that whole battalions on retreating german troops could suddenly turn up in austria, field pieces and all, form northern italy, where a certain country, nameless of course, seems to be geographically between them then

[footnote: The Bergier Report criticizes two decisions by Switzerland that had a devastating impact on Jews attempting to find refuge there. The first, in 1938, was the country’s request of Germany to stamp all passports of Jews with a "J," enabling Switzerland to prevent large numbers of Jews from entering. The second, in 1942, was the sealing of Switzerland’s borders. By the time Switzerland changed its border policy in 1944, after no longer being able to ignore the extermination of Jews by the Nazis, it was too late for many thousands who had tried to cross. For those Jewish refugees who were able to enter Switzerland, conditions were often difficult. Many were imprisoned, sent to work camps, and separated from their families.

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:17 pm

I think maybe you'll win this competition Flea - you never run out of things to say

"...too true..." replied the goblin, adding "...but it's a battle against ones own indifference here, in that first one sets a quota like "one post a day", asking oneself " what in my life is worth posting", types out a text, perhaps adding a matching picture to dress it, only then one posts the result across as many "last post" threads as one can so as not to lose it, afterwhich one just dies like everyone else...", at which point most think "well why bother then" but the goblin knew that that was the difference between a "shared" and an "unshared" life, and that most people hadn't the slightest clue what that meant as they were probably too caught up in their dailylife and that bidding of the moneygod again to simply see it for themselves, where the goblin just spelled it out now, saying "...their Muse sleeps I guess, that's their choice then, but not mine, I want to know myself by what I post..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:18 pm

("...hope this doesn't offend anyone here, it's not personal but it is my opinion..." said the goblin just posting how he felt, adding "...feel free to delete it if need be...")

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you thinking" thread last year

the goblin was thinking how little television he watched now that the computer seemed to offer everything in its place, only that in its freedom of choice the computer, unlike the television, didn't force one to watch the news so the goblin felt that he was often behind on the news coverage, saying "...but on the other hand the news does seem somewhat one-sided at this point, I am almost glad to be missing it, to explain why then, just imagine that, for example only now, the british were actually striking possible IRA sites in Ireland from the air and then massing troupes on the boarder for a massive ground incursion, and then that the british were then to announce on behalf of the suffering Irish that there is no humanitarian crisis at all, well then in this case perhaps, the news coverage might possibly be portrayed slightly different, by the American media here, than it has in its coverage about the Gaza incursion at this point..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:38 am

the goblin doesn't have bad days, "...to be able to post means that it is a good day..." said the goblin, confessing that some good days were more soul-testing than others because there was little love lost between the goblin himself, his "dailylife" and the moneygod, in that what the goblin wanted was an impossible freedom, while what "dailylife" wanted was all so very reasonable but all so superficial too, while what that moneygod wanted was ones continued commitment to some cheap slavery, so the goblin was just trying to square this triangle then

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 am

the goblin was slowly absorbing the gist of the text written on a fair sized tin of rat poison he was holding, something like "warning, contains a very slow acting poison that works rather like your dailylife does. save that it's both cheaper and less bother, thank you for reading this, and have a nice day human, your sincerely, the resident rodents", "...so those rats are on to a good thing then, right, the kettle has boiled, now where is the coffee then..." voiced the goblin aloud to himself over his laptop this breakfast time, "...actually, it's the same tin goblin..." came the small voice from a crack in the wall

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 am

the goblin was feeling better, but he understood that life, as one gets older, shuns the elderly for being old, ugly or whatever, but the goblin knew too, that it was "all up to him now", in that, if he had to become someone old, treated like some iceberg in the eyes of others, then like that iceberg, only one fifth of him would remain visible as in his "dailylife" where that other four fifths of him would be submerged in this Internet, as something far more, than either that man in the mirror, or any other of those real-life fettering categorizations then, so he simply repeated "...you and I are what we create here, and my Internet self is going to be amazingly deep and real, promise, or I will die trying, no, let's make it both of those aims then, in that this my "journey to self", which is my "Journey to death" too..."

fleamailman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:13 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top