Stephen King's Blockade Billy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stephen King's Blockade Billy

Post by Kenwood on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah, another King thread. But I figured this may interest some of you.

Blockade Billy by Stephen King!
Another Important Update for Collectors!
The 1st Edition/1st Printing Is Over 50% Sold Out!

Hi Folks!

First off, we want to thank all of our regular customers (some of whom have been with us for every year of our almost 22 year adventure in the publishing business!) and all of the new customers who have only discovered Cemetery Dance Blockade BillyPublications in the last five days. You've all been part of the most exciting week we've had in a very long time. Our web team did a terrific job keeping the website up and running, especially on Monday when the site received 1.3 million hits in a single day, the most ever in the history of our company, and this mailing list jumped to nearly 30,000 subscribers.

Word of our little project has traveled all over the world. We've heard from or seen coverage by Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, Time Magazine, GQ, New York Magazine, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fangoria, PerezHilton.com, Gather.com, The Independent (UK), The Guardian (UK), Reuters, Examiner.com (New York), Publishers Weekly, Publishers Lunch, Shelf Awareness, The Washington Post, LA Times, Bloomberg, The San Francisco Chronicle, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, The Miami Herald, The Boston Herald, Bangor Daily News, Maryland Daily Record, Sacramento Bee, and many blogs and websites.

There has also been local radio, news, and television coverage, and we've heard from many of our neighbors who never knew about the scary little publisher hiding in their midst! All in all, it's been an incredible experience... and it isn't over yet!

Today we have VERY important news for the Stephen King collectors of the world!
This Hardcover Edition is Not Going to be Available For Very Long!

1) The first printing of Blockade Billy is in the VERY LOW five figures and we're over 50% of the way sold out after just FOUR days of sales. At this point, we can tell you these 1st Edition/1st Printings will NOT be going to any of the chain bookstores or big online retailers. 1st Edition/1st Printings are a must-have for any collector and this is EASILY the lowest 1st trade printing of any new King book since, well, probably the 1970s.

2) Even though this is called a trade edition, it has a very limited printing and King and his agent consider it to be a Limited Edition. The 1st Edition/1st Printing hardcover we're selling through our online store is also the only trade printing with the Limited Edition "Blockade Billy" baseball card, which we have a feeling will be quite the collectible in the years to come. A lot of general readers will use it as a bookmark or lose it over time, so collectors who hold onto their card and keep their copy of the book in good condition could have a very nice addition to their collection.

3) Stephen King and his agent have very generously allowed us to go back to press and produce a second printing of Blockade Billy for the distributors. This second printing will not come close to filling all of the orders we have already received from those distributors (we can fill about 15% of them based on today's count), but it will allow them to get some copies, which is the very best we can do. We're hearing that most of these copies will go to libraries for their standing order programs and not bookstores, but it's up to each distributor to decide how they use their allotment. Just understand that you will not see stacks of this book in Wal*Mart. It's basically an unsigned limited edition with a trade retail price.

We expect that word of Blockade Billy by Stephen King is going to keep on spreading far and wide in the months to come as the more casual Stephen King readers learn they missed out on this book, so be sure to grab your copy now while supplies are still available. They won't be around forever!

There will be more updates to come! Thanks, as always, for your support!

Click here to read more or to place your order while supplies last!

Or click here to visit BlockadeBilly.com!
Yeah, that looks like poop. But you get the idea.

EDIT: Looked really bad. Just go to Cemetery Dance for the links.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen King's Blockade Billy

Post by Kenwood on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Read this over the past two days. I dug it. A nice little twisted piece. Of course, not worth the near $100 I paid to read it, when all was said and done. Haha.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I've still got my copy sealed, so I haven't read it.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:I've still got my copy sealed, so I haven't read it.
I read the mass market version. "Morality" is up next. I'm still waiting for the Cemetery Dance slipcase for the world's most available limited edition novella. Haha.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top