KISS at the Islington Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KISS at the Islington Academy

Post by Smindas on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:50 pm

So, on Tuesday of last week, KISS announced that before they come here to do a big arena tour in May, they were going to come to London and do a one-off club show for the fans at the Islington Academy (it's an 800 capacity venue so for KISS, that's tiny). Tickets went on sale at 12:00 the next day and somehow I was luckily enough to get 1 of 500 tickets for the public (the other 300 I guess were for those who had connections - including Julian Barrett from the Mighty Boosh who I saw watching from the balcony, though I'm not sure if any of you will even know what the Boosh is).

So skip to last night and it was gig time, and my word. It was phenomenal. I was one or two people from the rail at the front, so I had a great view. I've been to many gigs at that venue and I've never seen a crowd that lively there (although, the Wildhearts last Christmas certainly came close). Seeing KISS in such an intimate venue was clearly a very rare opportunity and even though their show was stripped down, I'd never seen anything so lavish at the Academy - the big KISS lights, the huge confetti storm during 'Rock and Roll All Nite'. It was bloody brilliant. The only let down was they had to cut several songs as due to the CO2 produced by the confetti, apparently Gene nearly collapsed - so we missed out on 'Deuce', 'Lick It Up' and 'Shout It Loud', which was a big loss really. Still, despite the short 12 song set, it was still an incredible experience. Anyway, enough rambling, I'll let the pictures do the rest;

Awesome night!

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Re: KISS at the Islington Academy

Post by Rhordain on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Pretty sweet. I'm not even all that big on KISS and I'm jealous.

Rhordain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Cool! Now all you need is an original handwritten KISS setlist from 1973 and your position in the KISS Army will be secure.

Bid now!

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top