Under The Dome

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Under The Dome

Post by Rhordain on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:18 am

Brian Sammons wrote:I like The Dark Tower stuff fine, but I hate how he went back and retro-fitted all his tales to have links to it, like it was a grand master plan he had from the beginning and I just donít buy that.

I don't recall any retrofitting of tales. The only thing like that that I ever heard of was his revision of the first DT book, but I hardly think that counts. What are you referring to?

The idea isn't that every single story is related and that he had it all mapped from day one, but he works with related themes (Talisman, Black House) and some recurring characters (Flagg, Callahan).

Back to top Go down

Re: Under The Dome

Post by andrewkempster on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:05 pm

I forgot to put on here that I'd finished this thing. It was long and complex and amazing. There's a lot of criticism out there for the ending (which I'm not going to even hint at here), but I thought it was great. I don't know if this counts as a spoiler - I'll tag it anyway.

The story wasn't about the Dome, or who or what was responsible for it. People who read the book solely to find that out WILL be disappointed, not because it was a let down but because it was merely a sidenote. I could go on about this. A lot.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top