Steadlur

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steadlur

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Anyone check this band out? Didn't you ask me to let you know about it on NLTM, Ken?

Man, this album is REALLY good. I've finally gotten around to listening to the promo copy that I was able to get Roadrunner to send me along with a few other albums. It took me a long time because I figured it was going to be another Nickelback/Theory of a Deadman bland band. How wrong I was! The best description I can come up with is '80s hard rock (big choruses/backing vocals) meets newer (meaning no rap-metal) Papa Roach.

Really catchy modern hard rock that gives a nod to the old school. The album came out this spring. I don't pay attention to radio, did this band get any kind of push there? Roadrunner is usually pretty good with promoting their artists and a number of these songs should be all over radio.

Back to top Go down

Re: Steadlur

Post by Kenwood on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm

I was curious about them. They sounded awesome before signing to Roadrunner, but then some of the new demos they uploaded seemed like really really radio-friendly pop songs. I think I compared what I heard to Endeverafter, a band that I think has an identity crisis. They can't tell if they want to be Motley Crue or Hoobastank.

But I'll give this album a go. Can't say it got any push here as I've never seen it in stores.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:21 am

I bought the album in the middle of June after seeing them do a really good set at Download. I actually reviewed the album for practice (here, if you're curious) and basically think its very hit and miss. Some of the tracks are great, but I found a lot of it quite infuriating. It's just not very consistent.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:09 pm

My opinion after one listen:

I downloaded it last night. Glad I did. This album/band has a bigger identity crisis than Endeverafter. Man, that first track is KILLER! I rocked it on the way home last night, and was like, "Hell fucking yeah!" Then it turned into a modern alternative pop-rock album, something we'd hear from Story of the Year or Jimmy Eat World, only with bigger hooks.

Now, I don't dislike that kind of music so I enjoyed the album. However, this is something I'll snag from a used bin. To me, it sounds like a band that had potential but was ruined by major label pressure to be trendy and hip. Most of the tracks are pop radio fodder, in my opinion.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Yeah, an identity crisis is a good way to describe it. When they're rocking, it's good, but unfortunately most the album is just radio fluff.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum