Michael Jackson dies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Jackson dies

Post by Smindas on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/25/michael-jackson-dies

Horrible news. A very sad day in music. Whatever he may have got up to in his later years doesn't discredit the enormous and important contribution he had towards shaping the face of music. A brilliant musician. It's weird, he's died relatively young (50) and it's come as quite the surprise, but I could never picture him being 60-70. A very sad loss and a shame it comes just before he was about make his comeback.

R.I.P. the King of Pop.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson dies

Post by Shiney on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Ya know alot of people have been using him as a comedic punching bag for years and years (I myself included) but the fact remains he was one of the last of the Pop icon music phenoms...

I mean when THRILLER came out it was everywhere, and nearly every fucking track on that album was a top 40 hit...and he almost mirrored it with BAD...then sadly he started to go alittle odd...

But he was talented albeit fractured in some respect.

And the generation of today will only know that "the crazy recluse with a supposed thing for boys" died.

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm

"Dirty Diana" is still a kick-ass tune.

Dude was especially weird, though. Not sure if he truly diddled kids, but he was mentally damaged. I tend to believe he wasn't a pervert/child molester. I think, mentally, he was a damn child. He's just fucked up in the head. I used to sleep in the same bed with my friends when I was really young. A lot of people I know go, "What? I never did that!" I find that hard to believe, but maybe it didn't happen to richer people. We were all poor as hell, and there was literally nowhere for us to sleep besides the floor, and we slept going in opposite directions. Yeah, that keeps the puzzle pieces lined up, I guess, but it really wasn't weird or gay at all. And I'm talking like well under the age of 10 here, so sexual thoughts of any kind were years away anyway.

MJ was old and should have known better, but when people think it's okay for a man to believe he's a woman, why can't people get on board with an equally crazy dude thinking he's still a kid?

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Wisdom

scottmitchell74

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:01 am

Exactly as I aw him, Ken...just a poor fucked up dude....

I used to sleep in the same bed with friends and stuff...in the same fashion you spoke. Must've been a poor folks thing Very Happy

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Shiney wrote:Exactly as I aw him, Ken...just a poor fucked up dude....

I used to sleep in the same bed with friends and stuff...in the same fashion you spoke. Must've been a poor folks thing Very Happy

I would agree with the both of you. His parents screwed him up. I personally dont see all the attention this is getting though. Sure it was tragic he died but to be eulogized all over the world all the time is a bit much...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 pm

In all honeesty, he is probably the closest the we will have to another Elvis...in that his appeal and fans were universal..I mean you cannot go anywhere in the world and say his name and NOT have people know who youre talking about.

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:05 pm

His death almost broke the Internet.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 pm

And I just heard about this today!

His music was fantastic. His persona, not so much. Back before the media controlled the world, his strangeness wouldn't have been so in your face and we would have remembered mostly the music. But when somebody dies, people let so much of that go. I think he'll go up in public opinion. Death is sad, but this is quite possibly the best thing he could do for his career. Now he's a tragic story of talent cut short.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Mercedes wrote:And I just heard about this today!

His music was fantastic. His persona, not so much. Back before the media controlled the world, his strangeness wouldn't have been so in your face and we would have remembered mostly the music. But when somebody dies, people let so much of that go. I think he'll go up in public opinion. Death is sad, but this is quite possibly the best thing he could do for his career. Now he's a tragic story of talent cut short.

i think he will be remembered in a better light too now that that the Rev. al Sharpton is on the case. His music touched a lot of people but enough of the media coverage already. Its obnoxious there is breaking news because a moving van pulled up to the estate.

I also think what happened to MJ will have the conspiracy theorists hopping for years....

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:21 pm

I never cared for his music, but there was no denying his talent.
He was definitely a messed up individual, though.

Meh... so am I, but I don't have unlimited wealth to indulge my personal psychosis with. I hope he has found peace.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top