Flash Boy's Strange House.......

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Flash Boy's Strange House.......

Post by Flash Boy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:01 am

Like all great artists Robyn Hitchcock suggests it's nicer to live in your own head, not to say he sidesteps reality altogether but surreality is his main game.

His music is pastoral and english eccentric to a tea (sic), gray skies and lysergic emanations. Wandering off the the well worn garden path of the 80's, passing a napping Syd Barrett and waving at Nick Drake. Eternally lost to time and left to his own devices.

This is an amazing fan made video..........

Flash Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Boy on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:01 pm

I was first introduced to this song and artist by the incredible Gun Club, didn't know it was a cover till i checked the songwriting credits and saw Jody Reynolds name!

So i went searching and found the original just as awe inspiring and spooky, those menacing twanging guitars and that voice are just as good as anything from the early days of rock n' roll in '58. "Fire Of Love" along with his other incredible songs like "Endless Sleep" and "Girl With The Raven Hair" should be just as famous as those by contemporaries Elvis and Johnny Cash.

"The sun beats down with its fiery glow"..........

Flash Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Boy on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 am

This man needs no introduction, dig that ass backwards sleazy disco blooze..........

Flash Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Boy on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:39 am

Shiney posts "Star Star", so i post "Rock N' Roll Toilet". What do they have in common? Not much really but both are fine examples of degenerate snake hipped gutter rock. And what is Robyn Hitchcock singing about? Pure inane rock n' roll nonsense or a sly kick at blow monkeys! That's the great thing about the Soft Boys their ridiculous and subversive at the same time........

Flash Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top