Shiney's Concert Adventure....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shiney's Concert Adventure....

Post by Shiney on Sun May 31, 2009 8:47 pm

We (Me & my eldest son X) went to the M3 Festival in Md. yesterday...for 11 hours of hair metal mayhem.

We were literally front row center stage of the main stage which afforded us primo vantage and whatnot for the bands...We however couldnt leave to catch anyone on the second stage or we'd lose the divine spot so we rotted and stayed put all day.

We missed out on JETBOY, LA GUNS, BULLETBOYS, KEEL, XYZ and STEEL PANTHER...

BUT we saw the following:

GILBY CLARKE was boss...I mean this man never gets the respect deserved him, and sadly his biggest claim to fame seems to be with his affiliation with the uber stupid ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVAS bullspit..But he is a great guitarist and songwriter and ANY self respecting hr fan should have the album by KILL FOR THRILLS....

Y&T...Damn! Tha is all I can say, I expected a band in their 30 somethingth year of existance to be tight but wow...absolutely Killer!!

SLAUGHTER....ugh. Sucked!!! Mark Slaughter had no voice so to speak as all the mix allowed one to ehar was the bass and drums...Dana Strum apparently thinks it is all about him as he stomped and mugged his way around like a frontman. And I LIKE SLAUGHTER..but I was disappointed.

JANI LANE. The man looked good and sounded good. His band was tight (KERRI KELLI shreds as guitarist...AND he spoorted a freakin' LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH shirt!!!!) A bit profane in his banter but that's rock 'n roll....

DOKKEN were great. His new guitarist John Levin(?) has the Lynchian sound down and he shreds!!!! Don doesn't even try most of the high notes and they seem to pick their sets around the fact he can no longer handle the higher register...which is the noble way to go.

KIX. Balls out awesome...I have never seen them prior but they have earned and kept their rep as one of the best most fun live draws ever....and they were hometown heroes, with the biggest crowd of the day...They showed 'em how to do it!

EXTREME. Great. Tight. Awesome...heavy as hell and just wow!

RATT. Strated off badly mixed, but by mid set they were sounding good. Mostly played all their hits.

and then...TWISTED SISTER. HEAVY!!! Thats all I can say. Top form and very heavy. During their set some Taintsniffer decided to get to the stage and stage dive and in my efforts to keep him from landing on young Xander I took his knee to the nose and he rolled off of me into an HOM friend,Deathcult who punched the dildo in the head. I kicked him and fear we may have continued had security not swept him away.

In the next post I shall put up pix.

Last edited by Shiney on Sun May 31, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Re: Shiney's Concert Adventure....

Post by Shiney on Sun May 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Dee Snider of TWISTED SISTER....

DAVE MENIKETTI of the fabulous Y&T

GILBY CLARKE

As soon as Waylon sends them to me I'll try and post more from the other bands....he took.

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Sun May 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Shiney wrote:GILBY CLARKE was boss...I mean this man never gets the respect deserved him, and sadly his biggest claim to fame seems to be with his affiliation with the uber stupid ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVAS bullspit..But he is a great guitarist and songwriter and ANY self respecting hr fan should have the album by KILL FOR THRILLS....
I agree. His Rockstar Supernova and short stint in GNR seem to be fodder for people just disregarding him. He has some really solid albums. Nothing amazing, you know, but consistently good. Never heard Kills For Thrills.

SLAUGHTER....ugh. Sucked!!! Mark Slaughter had no voice so to speak as all the mix allowed one to ehar was the bass and drums...Dana Strum apparently thinks it is all about him as he stomped and mugged his way around like a frontman. And I LIKE SLAUGHTER..but I was disappointed.
Yeah, there was a clip of him singing "Fly To The Angels" a while back, and it was terrible. He sounded like he had a cold, though.

EXTREME. Great. Tight. Awesome...heavy as hell and just wow!
Brilliant band live. And Gary and Nuno can harmonize like no other. They sound like 10 people when they sing together. It's just flawless.

and then...TWISTED SISTER. HEAVY!!! Thats all I can say. Top form and very heavy. During their set some Taintsniffer decided to get to the stage and stage dive and in my efforts to keep him from landing on young Xander I took his knee to the nose and he rolled off of me into an HOM friend,Deathcult who punched the dildo in the head. I kicked him and fear we may have continued had security not swept him away.

See? Deathcult is the big meanie of HoM. Haha! Actually, I get violent at shows because of assholes like that. Like two years ago, I was at a 311 show with my friends Jill and Dawn. 311 came on and some turd next to me starts winding himself up, you know. He's getting more and more animated. So it was clear he was about to explode into the meathead bop frenzy. And he did. Right into the girls' backs. Just rushed them and hit them like a linebacker. WTF? So I grabbed him, tore his shirt off as he tried to run away, and then I choke-slammed him to the concrete. Haha. Then I proceeded to yell at him. He couldn't hear, I don't think, but he scuttled away after. No one tried to mosh near us after that. It was hilarious.

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Sun May 31, 2009 9:20 pm

You need to nab KILL FOR THRILLS...oughta be a steal everywhere...

DC thought the guy had hit Xander on the way down and thats why he popped him one...he's cool.

SLAUGHTER sucked he wasn't even trying. And Dana strum is a whore...seriously. and Marc Slaughter has moobies....true!

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Shiney wrote:DC thought the guy had hit Xander on the way down and thats why he popped him one...he's cool.
I was kidding.

SLAUGHTER sucked he wasn't even trying. And Dana strum is a whore...seriously. and Marc Slaughter has moobies....true!
Strum has always thought of himself as a huge rock star.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Sun May 31, 2009 11:18 pm

I miss Vinnie Vincent.... F* Mark Slaughter....

I would have killed to see the Bulletboys and Keel.... even with the Ronnie Lee Keel debacle...

I'm still a fan of both.

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Sun May 31, 2009 11:23 pm

Twisted Sister Now Willing To Take It

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Sun May 31, 2009 11:26 pm

I still love that song. "Eye To Eye" is awesome, too. Solid band throughout their career. Time for a new album, though. Unless Mark's voice really is shot.

Maybe it is. That's how bad he sounded in another clip. Damn.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:47 pm

I love the first two Slaughter records (really, the only ones I'm familiar with) but that 'Fly to the Angels' Ken just posted was absolutely appalling.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 pm

It's better than the version I was witness to on Saturday.

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Shiney wrote:It's better than the version I was witness to on Saturday.
Go check some of the clips from the early 90s. That dude could wail. Wonder what happened?

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:03 pm

All that high-pitch wailing probably wrecked his throat. Look at Tom Kiefer.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:09 pm

He looks like he just let himself go and doesn't care. (Not that I have room to talk) but he had a gut and moobies and he just sort of wandered around and half heartedly sang. They had his vox mixed so far down the mix, they mustve known he couldn't cut it. And we all know it's about Strum anyway. I still love my SLAUGHTER cds but was disappointed in their show.

What ever happened to their original drummer?

At least DOKKEN doesnt try and fool anyone, his set was chosen with his lkimited range in mind and he was great.

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Smindas wrote:All that high-pitch wailing probably wrecked his throat. Look at Tom Kiefer.
Kiefer, to my knowledge, just ruptured a vocal cord or a vein on one. Slaughter just sounds like he can't sing anymore, like he's got lung or throat cancer.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Shiney wrote:What ever happened to their original drummer?
Doesn't he do a lot of producing now? I didn't realize he wasn't playing with them any longer.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Nope they had Tim DiDuro on drums...he was in SKID ROW awhile and played with VINCE NEIL before.

As for the production stuff, I know not.

I don't think marc has cancer or anything...just out of shape and practice. He could probably do it if he worked at it.

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Shiney wrote:Nope they had Tim DiDuro on drums...he was in SKID ROW awhile and played with VINCE NEIL before.
I checked. He plays in the Blue Man Group in Vegas now.

I don't think marc has cancer or anything...just out of shape and practice. He could probably do it if he worked at it.
But they tour every year, you know. You'd think he would have some voice. I mean, I could sing better than that and I haven't sang for real in like ten years.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Ahh, I forgot that Kiefer ruptured a vocal cord. Maybe Mark has just become very lazy then. What a shame though.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 pm

He plays in the Blue Man Group in Vegas now.

Go Vegas! Woo!!

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top