View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SHOCK TOTEM RADIO

Post by Smindas on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:43 pm

*throws assorted objects*

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:I'm not familiar with the early Iced Earth, but my favorite is still That Glorious Burden *ducks and covers*
That album is underrated. Some songs are weak, but it's still solid. The production is crap, though. If you put that album on 10, then put in an older album, it sounds like it's on 20. Sucks.

I will say, though, I think the Gettysburg trilogy is the best epic I've ever heard. If you dim the lights, crank the tune, and read along, you can visualize everything as if you are there on that battlefield. It gives me fucking chills! A absolute brilliant piece of work.

I want to hear Barlow do "The Reckoning."

Def

Last edited by Kenwood on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shock Totem | Satan Stole My Devil Horns

Kenwood
Admin

http://www.eyesoretimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Dude...you should come down and we can go to Gettysburg sometime...sweet!!!

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

"I'll eat you up I love you so."

Shiney
A Shiny Nugget of Poo on a White Duvet

Location : Harrisburg, PA (In the Shadow of Three Mile Island)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Have you caught "Said The Spider To The Fly" by PAPER CHASE yet?

Looking them up as we speak!

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 am

Kenwood wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:I'm not familiar with the early Iced Earth, but my favorite is still That Glorious Burden *ducks and covers*
That album is underrated. Some songs are weak, but it's still solid. The production is crap, though. If you put that album on 10, then put in an older album, it sounds like it's on 20. Sucks.

I will say, though, I think the Gettysburg trilogy is the best epic I've ever heard. If you dim the lights, crank the tune, and read along, you can visualize everything as if you are there on that battlefield. It gives me fucking chills! A absolute brilliant piece of work.

I want to hear Barlow do "The Reckoning."
I always found the album very hit and miss. There are a couple of brilliant tracks and Gettysburg is very good, but I really think they should have cut a couple of the songs, just because the song-writing is so mediocre. And yeah, I've always wanted to hear Barlow do 'The Reckoning' as well. As much as a Barlow fanboy I am, I'm not sure he could do it as well as Ripper though.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:18 pm

I don't know.

I imagine it would be different, but he can hit those high notes pretty well. It would definitely be interesting to hear, at least.

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Wait, so who is the singer in this video? He looks like an ex-boyfriend of mine. That high register TOTALLY took me by surprise!

Again, I am reminded of Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:41 pm

It's Matt Barlow.

Great singer, and he had some great albums with Iced Earth, but I like the album he did for Pyramaze even better. *ducks lower*

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Kenwood wrote:I don't know.

I imagine it would be different, but he can hit those high notes pretty well. It would definitely be interesting to hear, at least.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, Matt can hit the notes. 'Dracula' is the song that actually got me in to Iced Earth. But there's something about Tim's 'tone' that really makes 'The Reckoning' work, you know? I'd still like to hear Matt tackle it, mind.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:46 pm

See? Smidas knows... headbang

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Hey, I think Tim is a fantastic vocalist. I wish he'd lose that hired-hand mentality, though. It's holding him back.

And the Pyramaze album is killer. Not sure I like it more than all IE albums, but it's definitely better than some. I remember when I first heard "Year of the Phoenix," I got goose bumps. That's how good Matt is. Few great vocalists have that sort of emotional aspect to their voice as well, you know. Matt has it.

Killer! Def

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 pm

ST Radio is so great to write to. It's moody, atmospheric, and since I don't know any of the lyrics, it isn't distracting. It's the soundtrack to this current WIP, that's for sure.

That, and Pandora. I love that site, except that it repeats waaaaay too often.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Smindas on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 am

Kenwood wrote:Few great vocalists have that sort of emotional aspect to their voice as well, you know. Matt has it.
Totally agree with that. That's why Matt is probably my favourite metal vocalist of all time. I have yet to pick up that Pyramaze album though, I should get around to that. Should hopefully make up for the disappointment that was Crucible of Man. Matt's vocals on that were great, but that was one boring album. It had a few great moments but ehhhh.

Smindas

Back to top Go down

Post by Balor on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:30 pm

This song has to be put on the STR playlist. It might be the greatest hip-hop song ever created.

I'm just sayin'. This guy has his finger on the pulse of the world, I tell you!

Balor

http://robertduperre.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:33 pm

Not a fan of hip hop at all.... Evil or Very Mad

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:37 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:Not a fan of hip hop at all.... Evil or Very Mad
Not sure that was hip hop. Haha.

I'll have to post my Halloween rap song from many moons ago. It's called "Halloweeny." lol

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:40 pm

I'll bet that was a big hit at the cookie parties. lol

Tall Tyrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenwood on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:I'll bet that was a big hit at the cookie parties. lol
ICP fans loved it.

Did I ever tell you about the ICP song I spoofed that go me death threats? Haha. Good times!

Kenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sammons on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 am

Wow, now I know I’ve found a good place to kill…er…I mean chill. People who like Iced Earth, f-ing nice! rockon

Brian Sammons

http://www.freewebs.com/brian_sammons/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:55 pm

whoa...there will be no censoring of the word fucking here....we're big kids...we can take it. Laughing

"Hum A La Baby La Zeeba La Boob A La Hum A La Baby La Zeebe Lee Bop!" - David Lee Roth

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sammons on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Shiney wrote:whoa...there will be no censoring of the word fucking here....we're big kids...we can take it. Laughing

*SQUEE* It’s all my bubblegum dreams come true! Prepare thyself for a verbal diarrhea deluge of the word fuck the likes of which even Rob Zombie writing dialog for one of his craptastic movies could not have imagined!

Brian Sammons

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiney on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Awww....don't be hating on ROB...I love the look of his films....even the ill advised HALLOWEEN ones...but his script work and acting choices are another matter....I think he gets a little caught up in the homage to the styles he grew up with and that leads to unintentional neglect in the concept and "meat on the bones" matters of the final piece.

Then again, I am a pretentious douche...

Shiney

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sammons on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:34 pm

I LOVE the ST radio, BTW. May I make a few suggestions to the playlist? How about…

The Murderdolls – “The Dawn of the Dead” just because Dawn of the Dead is an awesome movie.

Something by Lordi. Yeah, they’re a bit bubblegum, but then you have Gwar in there so why not the bastard Finlandian lovechild of Gwar and KISS? One thing about Lordi, they make great videos. Here’s one of my favorites, can you guess the movie? If not, turn in your horror fan card now!

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. Canadian punk rock about Cthulhu and his pals, what’s not to love!?! No seriously, the Thickest are awesome. rockon

Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue – “Where the Wild Roses Grow”, a pretty song about bashing heads in with rocks. Again, what’s not to love?

And what, no BOC “Don’t Fear the Reaper”? Everyone could use some more cowbell in their lives. Very Happy

Anyways, just a few thoughts ping-ponging inside my skull that I thought I’d share.

Oh, and one more thing: fuck, fuck, fuckity fuckin’ fuck on a hot tin fuck! I told ya it was coming.

Brian Sammons

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:57 pm

whoa...there will be no censoring of the word fucking here....we're big kids...we can take it. Laughing

I can take it, but I don't like it. Don't abuse it.

Mercedes
The Totem Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sammons on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Shiney wrote:Awww....don't be hating on ROB...I love the look of his films....

I also love the look of Rob’s flicks. Visually, he’s very talented. It’s when it comes to telling a story that he (IMHO) fails oh so horribly. The one exception to this was his Devil’s Rejects which was a very good film. His House of 1000 Corpses was all style, zero substance. The film's main draw was Bill Mosley doing his Chop Top performance once again, albeit this time in albino makeup. Seriously, all “Otis” was missing in that 1st film was the line, “Lick my plate you dog dick!”

However I give Rob and Co. tons of credit for the next movie, Devil’s Rejects, where the director found his voice and so did the actors for their characters.

Then there was the abomination that was RZ’s Halloween remake where Rob could not have missed the point of what made Michael Myers such a great monster if he tried. So, Mike really wasn’t the living embodiment of evil that one night, inexplicitly went on a murderous rampage? No he was just another kid from a poor white trash family that liked to torture animals and was picked on by bullies that one day snapped. Oooookkkkkk, way to totally make a horror icon lame, Rob. Yes, more realistic, I guess, but also way more lame.

And now there’s Mr. Zombie’s H2 where we see Big Mike suffering from mommy issues and that’s why he’s a killing machine, because dead mommy tells him, “it will take a river of blood to bring us together” (best…line…EVER!). No, sorry, best line ever is the guy that recites the word “fuck” over and over for like two minutes. THAT’S got the be the best line ever!!!

Again, I do want to say that I agree with you. Rob gives his movies his own, unique look and that’s a good thing. Also, I think that when he follows his own path, his own ideas and visions, he makes far better things than when he’s following the whims of producers wanting to squirt out another quick cash remake. Here’s hoping Rob’s next movie is more like Devil’s Rejects and a hell of a lot less like H2.

But then this has all been my opinion, what the fuck do I know?

Brian Sammons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top